Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posted - Nate interview with a Crime Lab Director/LE person from another jurisdiction just posted to discuss what happens when remains are found and how they are handled

SALEM — Now that remains found in Chad Daybell’s backyard have been identified as Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan, investigators are working to determine how the children died and how they ended up buried on the property. Autopsies performed by the state medical examiner’s office confirmed the children’s identities, and Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood has said one body was concealed in a “particularly egregious” manner. Jennifer Shen, a forensic psychology professor at Alliant University, has served as the crime laboratory director for the San Diego Police Department for years. She has been following the Daybell case closely and says investigative work done at a burial site is “a meticulous operation.” “The bodies are generally a wealth of information, so to start with, you’re at the gravesite where you have to recover the bodies in a way that you will make sure you maximize the gain of any evidence,” Shen tells EastIdahoNews.com. “You need to go through the gravesite scoopful by scoopful of dirt to make sure there’s nothing you miss.” Detectives will look for any clues at the burial site, such as plastic bags, gloves, fibers, hair or debris, that could lead them to suspects. Shen explains victims are sometimes identified by the clothing or jewelry they are wearing, and dental records are often used for confirmation... more info at the YouTube link

Last edited:
Sounds like the state is denying autopsy and toxicology reports for JR, CV, TD, or AC as evidence in this case.
Why do you say that? They may not be complete.

They will have to give copies of those to them if additional charges are filed.

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you and this website a thank you. I can’t tell you how amazing it was for me to find it after reading about this case by myself in quarantine. Getting Covid19 was scary, and it’s been more than unpleasant, sometimes scary, and isolation is, well isolating and lonely.
I’m so much better now. And I just wanted to send out the most sincere thanks ever for being so kind to me, stimulating my brain, making me feel less alone, making me laugh, and allowing me to participate.
Thank you!! This is a good thing for me that came out of being sick. Member for life!

Back to sleuthing. I hope it was ok to post that.
We all remember our first case here at WS (I am sure) and many of us feeling the same way.

The court denied those items. Her charges are regarding abandonment and the deaths of those individuals are not relevant to her case.

ETA any additional charges can allow new requests, but these autopsy reports would only be given if any new charges include charges regarding the deaths of these individuals.

The court denied those items. Her charges are regarding abandonment and the deaths of those individuals are not relevant to her case.
Thanks. Didn’t know they were requested.

If additional charges are made for these cases, they will have to turn them over when complete.

It's there. The lawyer, talking about bail, says "I would refer the court to the affidavit on number 26 and it talks about the last time they saw the kids..."

But you posted this. I still have not found what you are referencing now. But unless I am completely missing it, which I may be, Chad was never asked “when the last time he saw the kids”. This just didn’t happen.
I was thinking about Chad's lawyer, when talking to the judge during that initial court appearance, and remembered him saying something about Chad being asked when was the last time he saw the kids.

That made me wonder if Chad had ever met the kids. Is there any one reporting seeing Chad in the company of the kids, where or when they met?

State said it was not in their jurisdiction and that they (the State) would be paying for their defense.

Regarding Chad Daybell's entry of a not guilty plea, that was a certainty at this point. His attorney is obligated to do everything possible to represent his interests and there is not a defense attorney practicing who would fail to enter that plea. On those very rare occasions when a defendant confesses and pleads early you can be assured his/her counsel advised them not to do so. Thus, there's nothing significant about this plea at this time. Most defense attorneys will also insist on the client's right to a preliminary hearing, which requires the prosecution to produce enough evidence to satisfy the court that the charges are legitimate. Everyone knows the charges are significant and counsel knows the court will bind the defendant over, but having the preliminary hearing allows the defense to get a peek at some of the evidence. Therefore, I fully expect there will be a preliminary hearing and we will hear at least some information about the investigation and how the bodies were discovered.

You can also bet your life that his counsel will be hoping to eventually reach some sort of plea. However, the biggest issue now is that nobody knows how much information and evidence the state has with regard to the other suspicious deaths. Almost certainly Chad is going to sit mute indefinitely until the state finalizes charges against him. Very possibly the state will put together a murder/conspiracy case against both Chad and Lori while continuing to investigate the deaths of their spouses. Now that there is indisputable proof of homicide with regard to the kids, it may make sense to prosecute now and keep the pressure on. Lori's outrageous silence and failure to cooperate with the authorities puts her in a very difficult position to defend herself now.

It is also almost certain that pressure is building rapidly on both of them now that the public knows without any doubt they were lying and knew the children were dead. To be loathed so deeply while also knowing murder charges are imminent has to be extraordinarily stressful and I expect at least one of them will attempt to cut a deal. That, in turn, very well may lead to the resolution of the whole stinking mess with at least Tammy's death and possibly that of Charles.

Now we wait to see what evidence they have against CD. How do they prove he was the person that buried the children there?
Surveillance, electronic communications after the fact, personal testimony, no buried dead raccoons, his tools used, dna evidence, dirt from the scene found on his shoes, etc...

Edited to delete carried over posts
Regarding Chad Daybell's entry of a not guilty plea, that was a certainty at this point. His attorney is obligated to do everything possible to represent his interests and there is not a defense attorney practicing who would fail to enter that plea. On those very rare occasions when a defendant confesses and pleads early you can be assured his/her counsel advised them not to do so. Thus, there's nothing significant about this plea at this time. Most defense attorneys will also insist on the client's right to a preliminary hearing, which requires the prosecution to produce enough evidence to satisfy the court that the charges are legitimate. Everyone knows the charges are significant and counsel knows the court will bind the defendant over, but having the preliminary hearing allows the defense to get a peek at some of the evidence. Therefore, I fully expect there will be a preliminary hearing and we will hear at least some information about the investigation and how the bodies were discovered.

You can also bet your life that his counsel will be hoping to eventually reach some sort of plea. However, the biggest issue now is that nobody knows how much information and evidence the state has with regard to the other suspicious deaths. Almost certainly Chad is going to sit mute indefinitely until the state finalizes charges against him. Very possibly the state will put together a murder/conspiracy case against both Chad and Lori while continuing to investigate the deaths of their spouses. Now that there is indisputable proof of homicide with regard to the kids, it may make sense to prosecute now and keep the pressure on. Lori's outrageous silence and failure to cooperate with the authorities puts her in a very difficult position to defend herself now.

It is also almost certain that pressure is building rapidly on both of them now that the public knows without any doubt they were lying and knew the children were dead. To be loathed so deeply while also knowing murder charges are imminent has to be extraordinarily stressful and I expect at least one of them will attempt to cut a deal. That, in turn, very well may lead to the resolution of the whole stinking mess with at least Tammy's death and possibly that of Charles.
This! Agree wholeheartedly.
Jmo
And IMO and MOO! Lol

Last edited:
But you posted this. I still have not found what you are referencing now. But unless I am completely missing it, which I may be, Chad was never asked “when the last time he saw the kids”. This just didn’t happen.

My real questions were if anyone remembers seeing Chad with Lori or without, in the company of the kids, and if so when was that.

If you don't think Chad has ever been asked when was the last time he saw the kids I wonder why "the last time they saw the kids" was addressed in the affidavit presented to the court. But that's OK. I didn't think it would be a point of contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX