Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we ever got an answer either way whether discussing the attorney's charges was off limits.
Are you asking for a link?

There doesn't seem to be an official announcement I can find.
Parents of Missing Idaho Kids Accused of Being in Secret Cult

Man on the run with new wife was kicked out of the Mormon church for declaring himself a prophet | Daily Mail Online
Balancing parental rights and children at risk

Alternatively, this says the church itself hadn't confirmed it as of January but others seem to have known he was.

International cult expert believes parents of missing Rexburg children are dangerous

(as an aside this looks like it was written attributed to Sosa, but there is a slip in it where he refers to meeting Chad Daybell and "my wife" (Tammy). It seems that it was written by Daybell for Sosa.
Frequently Asked Questions
)

Sorry, I meant to have an "?" behind that. Yes, that was my question. It's been something that's been discussed at length but I don't recall seeing definitive info in regards to the excommunication. I'm not sure the first 2 are verified MSM links. I'm not disputing anything. I just don't recall seeing this verified.

You are probably right, may not be the whole cloud account.

It says “through service of a search warrant RPD has obtained a photo from Lori Vallows ICloud account of TR in Yellowstone that is time stamped 9-8-2019”.

I guess that could just be looking at the phone they got in Hawaii?

View attachment 251384

I would think the search in Hawaii included cloud accounts? I hope.

Are you asking for a link?

There doesn't seem to be an official announcement I can find.
Parents of Missing Idaho Kids Accused of Being in Secret Cult

Man on the run with new wife was kicked out of the Mormon church for declaring himself a prophet | Daily Mail Online
Balancing parental rights and children at risk

Alternatively, this says the church itself hadn't confirmed it as of January but others seem to have known he was.

International cult expert believes parents of missing Rexburg children are dangerous

(as an aside this looks like it was written attributed to Sosa, but there is a slip in it where he refers to meeting Chad Daybell and "my wife" (Tammy). It seems that it was written by Daybell for Sosa.
Frequently Asked Questions
)
Verified insiders here have said previous reports of excommunication are false.
Secondly, check HS spouse's name, you will understand.

But he went to church in Kauai in February. At this point I have no doubt he has been, or is in the process of being, excommunicated. But I'm not convinced he was in September. And based on what I've learned from the LDS members here on WS, that is kept very private so we would not know if that is true.

:) Well he also snuck into a temple to seal himself to his murdery spouse after telling people he is the prophet. I figure they don't check you at the door for a current membership and he isn't above doing it anyway.

Good point though. I've assume that he has been excommunicated since sometime last year but it could be after November.

But he went to church in Kauai in February. At this point I have no doubt he has been, or is in the process of being, excommunicated. But I'm not convinced he was in September. And based on what I've learned from the LDS members here on WS, that is kept very private so we would not know if that is true.

You're a stickler for these details so we'd agree all of the above is purely speculation and educated guesses, correct?

I'm with you so far, makes sense that he was in Rexburg/Salem the 21st/22nd.
I welcome being challenged on this because I think if I am right it is very significant. And I mostly am basing my hypothesis on what makes more sense. That might be pretty dumb since nothing in this case has made any sense from the beginning

I disagree. I fly a lot for work, often last minute, and often it's a tossup as to whether a 1- or 2-night stayover makes a huge difference in fare. It often does not. Remember at that point, he wasn't a consumer looking for a cheap deal, he's someone cheating on his wife (still alive) and conspiring to commit or cover up a murder. The longer he's away from home, the more questions get asked and the more paper trail that exists. I would say he was motivated to get in and get back out quickly.
I used to fly a lot for work and it used to be that staying over a Saturday night saved a lot. But I'll take your word for it.

But if he wanted to get away from Tammy, every moment of freedom was probably valuable to him so any excuse to stay a couple of extra days would probably be exploited. But admittedly, my hypothesis depends strongly on this entirely speculative assumption that he would not make a day trip.

I have not listened to the podcasts or looked at the production notes, but what makes you believe they were physically all in the same place to record any of these? Or that they were not all recorded in advance?
The one podcast I watched was JM, MG, and LV. It was suggested that MG wanted to do a podcast but needed JM to assist her. So I am thinking neither LV or MG are tech-savvy enough to pull off a podcast on their own. I really don't think it is rocket science but I think they would have needed help. I realize they would not have needed to be in the same place but I get the impression they were to eliminate the additional complexity. There is at least one where Chad called in from elsewhere and it was obvious.

Why does it mean that another friend visited on the 19th?

Because the nanny said she went to pick a friend up at the Idaho Falls airport to pick up a friend. If it was MG and CD had gone to Phoenix the same day on a day trip you'd think someone would have mentioned it because they likely would have been on the same flight back to Idaho Falls. It's hard to check flight records now though. I just can't imagine there are too many options flying into IF in the evening. If MG came the prior weekend, it must have been someone else.

Verified insiders here have said previous reports of excommunication are false.
Secondly, check HS spouse's name, you will understand.

Hm. Seems odd they wouldn't have ex-communicated him. Now I'm even more suspicious about a few things.

Thanks!

I welcome being challenged on this because I think if I am right it is very significant. And I mostly am basing my hypothesis on what makes more sense. That might be pretty dumb since nothing in this case has made any sense from the beginning

I used to fly a lot for work and it used to be that staying over a Saturday night saved a lot. But I'll take your word for it.

But if he wanted to get away from Tammy, every moment of freedom was probably valuable to him so any excuse to stay a couple of extra days would probably be exploited. But admittedly, my hypothesis depends strongly on this entirely speculative assumption that he would not make a day trip.

The one podcast I watched was JM, MG, and LV. It was suggested that MG wanted to do a podcast but needed JM to assist her. So I am thinking neither LV or MG are tech-savvy enough to pull off a podcast on their own. I really don't think it is rocket science but I think they would have needed help. I realize they would not have needed to be in the same place but I get the impression they were to eliminate the additional complexity. There is at least one where Chad called in from elsewhere and it was obvious.

Because the nanny said she went to pick a friend up at the Idaho Falls airport to pick up a friend. If it was MG and CD had gone to Phoenix the same day on a day trip you'd think someone would have mentioned it because they likely would have been on the same flight back to Idaho Falls. It's hard to check flight records now though. I just can't imagine there are too many options flying into IF in the evening. If MG came the prior weekend, it must have been someone else.
Link please? To all of the above quoted. I missed it in the timeline.

Sorry, forgot to bold. Link to bolded?

Link please? To all of the above quoted. I missed it in the timeline.
The timeline is on page 1 of this thread and it is all in there. I linked to the nanny's story in a SLC news outlet previously.

C
The language of criminal charges are already set by law, they're not written for each particular case. That's why there's so many and/ors. There are (sealed) details to the particular case, setting out the facts that lead to this charge being made.
You are correct. I AM suggesting that the (sealed) details of this case support the charges that CD "did... willfully conceal human remains, KNOWING that said remains were about to be produced, used and/or discovered as evidence in a felony proceeding".

Part of the charging statement specifically "charges" that CD KNEW that said remains were "about to be produced, used, or discovered". This I think, could be meaningful. In essence, they are charging that CD KNEW that the discovery of "said remains" was IMMINENT. He had to hurry. How would he come to KNOW this?

If he didn't KNOW this (the location of the remains and the fact that they would soon be discovered), why is there language in the charging statement (whether "set by law" or otherwise) that specifically asserts that he did? The fact that there might be more detailed and more revealing info buried somewhere in sealed supporting details doesn't make it less true, it actually validates it.

I think this "qualifier" phrase ("KNOWING...") possibly is a big deal. First, it implies that at some earlier date (earlier than their final concealment at CD's house), "human remains" already existed - at some location other than at CD's house (unless we are to believe he simply kept them "unconcealed" there at that location until just eventually deciding to "willfully conceal" them).

If the "human remains" first existed "elsewhere", it means that the kids were killed "elsewhere". The charging statement says CD knew where "elsewhere" was, and that he intentionally removed the remains from "elsewhere" just before they would have otherwise been produced, used, or discovered. (Nov 26?)

I am not an atty, but I was surprised to see this added qualifier included in the charges: "KNOWING that said remains were about to be produced, used, or discovered as evidence in a felony". It just seems an unnecessary phrase, and could possibly even give Chad an out (again, I'm no atty). That part of the statement though only seems to qualify the real (more serious) charges that CD "did willfully destroy, alter, and/or conceal human remains".

After all, why would it be more of a crime to move remains that you have just learned are about to be discovered by LE vs. moving remains that you still believed were successfully hidden?

Could CD possibly claim that he is innocent of "the charges" if he can successfully refute claims that he KNEW the remains were "about to be produced, used, or discovered as evidence of a felony"? Just curious. Why add that? Maybe prosecutors included the phrase to make it easier to later add conspiracy charges, idk.

But it does make one wonder (even more) about what CD and AC were doing outside the town homes on Nov 26. Chad, first mumbling to LE that he barely knew Lori and then finally telling them he saw JJ in Oct and giving them Lori's phone number, and AC, insisting to LE that JJ was at his grandmothers house.

CD in his black Equinox. AC probably in the black truck that witnesses saw him packing.. How close was that?

Just speculating.

Last edited:
The timeline is on page 1 of this thread and it is all in there. I linked to the nanny's story in a SLC news outlet previously.
Thank you! I know where the timeline is though. I’ve been spending a lot of time there. Can’t find the link to the news story on the nanny in your posts though. Can you repost?

My understanding is they can still attend church which is different from the Temple. The goal is bring them back around. Here is the latest terminology After changes to handbook terminology LDS church members no longer 'excommunicated'

*But I notice you are just saying that he wasn't "excommunicated" until much later. And I do remember a long ago discussion that that information would not be public but that locals that know each other would see each other in the temple so they would know who were in good standing.

BBM
But Lori was waiting for him back in Rexburg (gross) so I can't imagine he would stay away any longer than needed. I still strongly feel like it was a quick turnaround trip. But I am curious about two things: Why don't you consider East Idaho News to be accurate in their reporting that the date of Melanie's trip was September 19; and secondly, you've mentioned a theory that revolves around these dates and I really want to hear it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname