Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up on 2 acres attached to 33 acres that we leased for our horses. We buried pets and even a miscarried foal or two on our property, so I get what you mean; BUT STILL... if you're burying a human and you know you're covering up a crime, I just imagine that you don't do it in broad daylight, especially nowadays when there are cameras and drones everywhere. Why chance it?
Digging at night would be far more suspicious.

from the timeline

"26 Nov 2019
– After talking to RPD Chad tries to drive away but a detective stops him. Chad then says the last time he had seen JJ was in Apt 107 in October. He also admits that he knows Lori’s phone number and provides it (Affidavit of Probable Cause Doc; East Idaho New"

Doesn't mean he had seen JJ or it was in THAT apartment. If he did in fact see JJ there,he doesn't say if JJ was alive, just that he saw him there :(

Ahh thank you so much for this. I totally overlooked this! Ugh.. he just "saw" him there. So sad all around. :(

Ahh thank you so much for this. I totally overlooked this! Ugh.. he just "saw" him there. So sad all around. :(

You're welcome! It's easy to overlook things in this case because there's so much to look over. That bit stuck out to me, that's the only reason I remembered it. I haven't been on here in a while, so I have to find my way around again and also hope others post what I'm looking for so I don't have to ask when it's been posted :oops:

I meant family, so sorry I didn’t state that. Wife and son living there. Others that would go in backyard for campfire?
This is where the timing comes into question. Easier to do this stuff while TD was with her parents, but we need to learn more about who was where, when, which I'm sure we will over the next couple months.

Great question. If Alex was the one with the paintball gun, then he was probably already familiar with the layout of that property - could easily have hid in the barn after Tammy saw him.
Never considered that Alex could have hid in the barn....interesting. One of the reasons I didnt think it was Alex was where would he have run to or parked a car. I've always leaned towards Chad being the paintball gun shooter. Tammy would not have known what Alex looked like <modsnip: There is no MSM to support info re mask> If it were Chad shooting she would have known who it was obviously. Hope we find out the answer to that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can appreciate that. My question goes more toward CD's family, though. You have probably seen photos of his place, about three acres, very few trees, sparse vegetation. If you lived in a place like that with a spouse and an adult child, don't you think they would have noticed if you buried bodies in one area of it? I think he had to conceal those graves very well on the surface.
Not sure when the new fire pit was constructed but perhaps that was his excuse for the digging and spending time behind the barn. The burial site is not visible from the Daybell house but the house just to the S.E. has a perfect view. Most but not all country folks tend to mind their own business.

Never considered that Alex could have hid in the barn....interesting. One of the reasons I didnt think it was Alex was where would he have run to or parked a car. I've always leaned towards Chad being the paintball gun shooter. Tammy would not have known what Alex looked like <modsnip: There is no MSM to support info re mask> If it were Chad shooting she would have known who it was obviously. Hope we find out the answer to that one.
Seeing the drone shots helped us to understand the layout of that property... On Oct 2, the removable car seat is taken to the storage unit. What if this was to make room in the Jeep to transport a freezer to Chad’s barn? Oct 3, the seat is taken back out of storage and presumably put back in the Jeep. Chad and Alex were each involved in the seat being moved, they would have both been needed to move a freezer. Oct 4, Tammy goes to Springfield... Oct 9, Tammy has the encounter with the <modsnip> man, presumably Alex, who could have been hiding in the barn and then ran back in there. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome -- and great First Post.
I see a stuffed toy puppy also, sitting on the block.
Hmmmm
I wonder if it was JJ's ???

I remember the statement from the babysitter a few threads back talking about JJ's favorite toy. Something that LVD had to order the pieces from a few different stores to put it all together, a dog from "Toy Story" I believe..Anyone recall that?

I remember the statement from the babysitter a few threads back talking about JJ's favorite toy. Something that LVD had to order the pieces from a few different stores to put it all together, a dog from "Toy Story" I believe..Anyone recall that?

The character from Toy Story was Ducky, a yellow duck.

I believe it was not a dog but rather a duck from Toy Story: "Ducky".

While I agree that, without Tylee around, she would have to actually care for him and I highly doubt she was ever interested in being a mother to JJ, registering him in school still doesn't make much sense to me. That, added to the fact that she allowed him to play with a kid that lived near them is just weird. If the plan was to off Tylee and JJ all along, then not letting them be seen would make more sense, I feel like @nhmemorymaker makes a good point: she let several strangers met JJ and that was super unnecessary. The fact that they most likely weren't killed at the same time also makes no sense. It looks like Tylee was the first to go, but I highly doubt JJ never asked about her and where she was, even though the poor child would just believe anything his poor excuse for a mother would tell him. JJ could never be the first one to go because Tylee would become a problem.
Even though JJ was probably easy to lie to, because he truly believed his dad was alive and just traveling, you never know how a kid is going to behave. Kids are umpredictable and, sometimes, say some interesting things. I can't imagine why she would take the risk of him saying something at school that would bring attention to the fact that Tylee was nowhere to be found.
I wonder if JJ and Tylee even met Chad or knew about him.

Along the same lines, why tell the nanny about Tylee at all? Or say she is in Idaho. It would have been easy enough to say she stayed in Arizona.

Suspicious to whom? I'm not intentionally being obtuse, I promise, I am just not clear on which way you mean this. Are you asking what she told the cops? Or what she told all the strangers that lived around her? Either way, I think the answer is: "nothing". Although Rexburg is a small town, I think apartment dwellers mostly mind their own business, anyway, so nobody would have asked questions.

The cops, on the other hand, would not have asked specific questions like this until they got her in custody, and probably only in Rexburg, not in Hawaii, and she has been generally uncooperative and unresponsive with the cops from what we know.

JMOOoooo
I know you're not trying to be unkind. I'm not very eloquent at times. It's hard for me to get thoughts down into print. I know what I'm trying to say I just can't get it in print. But no offense taken on my part.

I know you're not trying to be unkind. I'm not very eloquent at times. It's hard for me to get thoughts down into print. I know what I'm trying to say I just can't get it in print. But no offense taken on my part.

If any "nosy neighbors" did notice and ask, she could have said that freshmen at BYUI are required to live on campus their first year (probably true? It's true for many colleges), and that a campus parking permit seemed wasteful. But my guess is she just kept to herself and didn't socialize with with neighbors, so there wouldn't have been any opportunity for anyone to wonder these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500