AL AL - Titus, Fem Skeletal 663UFAL, 30-40, shallow grave, bound in green tarp, Jul'07

Here's the local TV station website from Montgomery, AL...keep watching here for news. I looked but did not see anything on there today.

http://wsfa.com/

This is heartbreaking. My good friend was murdered and found in a shallow grave. His murderer or murderers were never found.
Every time I see the word or hear the word "shallow", I think of him. No matter how that word is used, will the pain and heartbreak ever stop? Thank-you for listening to me.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

This is heartbreaking. My good friend was murdered and found in a shallow grave. His murderer or murderers were never found.
Every time I see the word or hear the word "shallow", I think of him. No matter how that word is used, will the pain and heartbreak ever stop? Thank-you for listening to me.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows
dark_shadows, I am so very sorry to know this. I can't imagine how that would absolutely haunt you. And to know that the person/people responsible were never brought to justice makes it even more so.

Salem, are you perhaps making reference to Lisa Stebic, missing from Plainfield, IL since May?

At least 5 years, wow. Hopefully we can find out who this person was and give her family the peace they've been seeking.

I'm so sorry to here about your friend, Dark Shadows.

This is the latest article I can find... it's dated 7/27

<snip>
“Forensic pathologists are telling us it is not likely the remains of Tracy Kegley,” Franklin pointed out. “There are a few inconsistencies found with this body that were not consistent with that of Ms. Kegley.”

The National Crime Information Center currently has seven missing persons from Elmore County in its system, Franklin said.

“We have eliminated all but one of those persons,” he said.

“After this, we can confirm whether or not it is someone from our county.”

Franklin did say forensic pathologists believe the remains are those of a white female between the ages of 30 and 40, and of average height.

http://www.thewetumpkaherald.com/articles/2007/07/27/news/news02.txt

is there any mention tod. of the remains? I know it said a long time....months or years?

is there any mention tod. of the remains? I know it said a long time....months or years?

It looks like the body had been in the grave for at least five years, Franklin pointed out.

&#8220;More than likely it happened after 1991 because the landowner was not a permanent resident of the home on the property after that time,&#8221; Franklin said. &#8220;The yard was overgrown and leaves were covering up the yard. When the landowner started doing yard work, he noticed a piece of tarp and pulled on it. That&#8217;s when he discovered the remains.&#8221;

TY MagicRose!!

It looks like the body had been in the grave for at least five years, Franklin pointed out.

“More than likely it happened after 1991 because the landowner was not a permanent resident of the home on the property after that time,” Franklin said. “The yard was overgrown and leaves were covering up the yard. When the landowner started doing yard work, he noticed a piece of tarp and pulled on it. That’s when he discovered the remains.”

TY MagicRose!!

You're welcome! Just wish there was a more up-to-date article for us...

You're welcome! Just wish there was a more up-to-date article for us...

I know! One of the first reports sounded like an ID via dentals was forthcoming....kinda wondered about that, like how could they be so sure that there would be an ID so soon? Just because there are dental records to compare to this poor woman didn't mean that there would necessarily be a match. Now, without any new info it looks like there was no match to dentals on record of missing women in the area.

dark_shadows, I am so very sorry to know this. I can't imagine how that would absolutely haunt you. And to know that the person/people responsible were never brought to justice makes it even more so.

Salem, are you perhaps making reference to Lisa Stebic, missing from Plainfield, IL since May?
Dear TallCoolOne,:blowkiss:
I appreciate your post very much, thank-you.
Much Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Chico, thanks for the update, I haven't had a chance to check anything in the last couple days or watch the local news here for any new info. I would bet that Montgomery County is also very anxious b/c Montgomery always has several missing people and Lake Jordan/Elmore County is right next door to them. We are about 2 counties away but in the same area of the state.

Is there any indication as to why there are so many missing persons in that area?

~snip~

This week after 5 months worth of testing LSU pathologists in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, completed their 20-page report. First, the bad news for Elmore County detectives.

"They couldn't identify the remains," Franklin said.

But homicide investigators have at least an idea the remains are those of a female.

"We now know she was between 5'2" and 5'7". Still don't know if she was white, black or native American. The pathologists do believe she had been buried there anywhere from 3 months prior to the bones being found and 4 years," said Franklin.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=7521336

ok folks, here's a new UID that was just posted to the Doe site. with the fabulous computer reconstruction and details on the skeletal features, it should be fairly solvable.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/653ufal.html

Doe Network ID: 653UFAL

Unidentified Female

The victim was discovered on August 8, 2007 in Autauga County, Alabama
Estimated Date of Death: 3 Months - 4 Years
State of Remains: Partial Skeleton

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 30-40 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 3" - 5' 5".
Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly black; has a mixture of race characteristics, therefore, cannot rule out white, hispanic or native american; short, coarse, dark brown hair. Previously injured nose and sternum/left ribs.
Skeletal Findings: Healed trauma to the nose; between the 3rd & 4th costal notches (sternal body) and left ribs #3,5 & 6. Separation of sternal body between the 4th and 5th costal notches, no callus noted. Improperly healed trauma noted.
Clothing: Clothing not sent to FACES Lab
Fingerprints: Not Available
Dentals: Available; porcelain crown noted on tooth #23. Amalgam fillings noted on teeth #3(OL), 5(O), 14(OL), 19(OM) and 18(O). Teeth #1,16 & 32 not seen, may be antemortem loss or congenital absence.
DNA: Samples submitted - tests not complete

Case History
The victim was found near the Coosa River in Autauga County, Alabama on August 8, 2007.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back