Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Editing to add: I almost forgot about Relief Society, the women's organization. When I was in, they didn't usually meet every week, but every once in awhile someone would try to do something new and start meetings during the week, for "Enrichment Night", stuff like quilting or book club or crafts.
Tammy was attacked with "a paintball gun" after returning from one of those Enrichment Nights, related to freezer meal preparation.

I grew up on 2 acres attached to 33 acres that we leased for our horses. We buried pets and even a miscarried foal or two on our property, so I get what you mean; BUT STILL... if you're burying a human and you know you're covering up a crime, I just imagine that you don't do it in broad daylight, especially nowadays when there are cameras and drones everywhere. Why chance it?
I see your point, but what is more obvious, burying/digging something during daylight or in darkness? TO me, if I saw someone digging in darkness, I would be thinking; hmmm, what are they doing? Probably wouldn't give it a thought during daylight hours.

Apologies, I stepped away from this case for 3 or 4 days and you people have managed to put up 3 new threads of 50+ pages each since I was here last! Probably covered but I wanted to focus on this idea about when the...things...happened in the back yard. Does anyone have experience with buying satellite imagery? I found several sites where I can buy satellite images of the Daybell's back yard for about every week over the last year but I am dumbfounded by the process. I have to pick a satellite? And pixel size? And viewing nadir? And then map my lat/lon to a JSON? I am not a technically challenged person but after watching the tutorials on 2 of the sites that sell these I have no idea how to get the images.

I found a price list on one site that says about $25 per image and another site that is $500 per image.

I would be grateful for any advice on looking at, specifying, or buying satellite images. All images I get will be shared here.
@vislaw may be able to help?

This idea is intriguing. Do you have any thoughts on what may have happened or was it just Lori constantly badgering him to s**t or get off the pot? Maybe Chad set up the whole dark light zombie past lives scenario because he wanted to sleep with Lori, but didn’t really think it through. Once the Cox’s killed CV (the first step that was based CDs info) the situation was out of his control.
I agree with you. I think this grew 'legs' and he couldn't control it.

I agree with you. I think this grew 'legs' and he couldn't control it.
Chad couldn't stop anyone else from getting killed? How about not declaring any more people zombies? IMO he held the power of life and death and used it exacly how and when it suited him. His mini cult followers were blindly accepting his visionary leadership. Only after he tried to make her an accomplice, MG woke up and broke ranks, although it took her 10 days to do so.

I get the feeling MP enjoys being in the limelight, honestly she is enjoying the notoriety. I'll not comment on her post as I feel it was written for attention and is extremely insincere MOO.

Sigh... I am of two minds. One, having read up a little of what happened when she was the subject of her parents’ custody battle, I imagine little elementary school Melani was very cute and sweet, and I feel badly for that sweet innocent tyke.

the grown woman, though, I want to smack.

MOO...You have about a zero percent chance for getting fined for a fire on your own property without a permit in Idaho.

I may be wrong, I know there are parts of the country that are extremely sensitive to forest fires and wild fires.

I'll take your word for it. I think many people have a different understanding of law and order in the US than those of us that live in rural areas. When Chad and Lori went to Maui in January I said if they headed to Hana, which was suggested, they'd be met by force from locals. I was accussed of supporting vigilantism.

But the truth is, I was only observing what locals would likely do to protect themselves. As covid spread, people in Hana did exactly as I suspected. They set up roadblocks to protect themselves. Not police - locals. Technically vigillantes I guess. Two police officers an hour or two from any backup were helpless. But thats how law and order works when the tax base cannot support an adequate police force. They kept the covidiots out and that part of Maui remains free of covid. If the police had intervened the politicians would be in hot water. So where do you think the power lies.

I think if you live in a densely populated part of the US with an organized police force you likely don't understand how policing works in smaller jurisdictions. Sorry to say but community attitudes, basically vigilattism is not just alive, it's how rural policing works. In Arizona there are still sheriffs posses, armed citizens given temporary police powers.

Thanks for sharing that. Why do I still get the feeling MP is more concerned for herself and LD than she is about what happened to the kids?

Instead of calling LD what she really is -- a murderer -- MP bemoans the "horrific details" her family "was informed of."

Everything MP said on camera prior to the children's bodies being found was a denial of any trouble, and her denials worked against law enforcement finding the children sooner because they offered false hope that the kids were alive.

As others have said, her message just doesn't ring true or feel as though it comes from her heart. It feels more like opportunism and why do I still get the strong feeling that she's neck-deep in the same cult-thought that made LD justify killing her children? I would be willing to bet MP also believes in portals and zombies, and if she does, she will continue to support LD and CD.

I get such a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach when I listen to her or read her stuff. It's like someone kicked me right in the gut. My "red flag" antennas are in a frenzy.

JMOO

Welcome! Glad you are here! Great first post.

I do wonder what that little dog (looks like to me) was all about. I do know if it had come from the burial site it would not be sitting on the cinder block. They’d be preserving the evidence. My guess is it’s either a toy of JJ’s with his scent on it for the cadaver dog. It sure is ironic that it is black like JJ’s dog was. (Not sure if a cadaver dog can actually look for a live persons scent) Or, maybe it was a toy for the actual cadaver dog that was on site. Maybe @vislaw can give us an idea. Is it even possible that one of the people working the crime scene has some superstition like bringing something like that to the scene?

ETA: I wonder if it was some sort of ceramic statue already there? I’ll look back at before pics.

It's not anything from the dig, if that's what you're thinking. It was there from at least 11/23/19 as per a video I saw on twitter posted on that date

We discussed this in the last thread too. Here was a screen shot that many thought was a piece of equipment. I too saw a dog at first!

whatisit.JPG

ETA: Added @tripleC post - Interesting it was there 11/23/19. Wonder why there was a video on twitter for that specific date????

That MP letter is incredibly bizarre.

Her main focus isn’t even JJ and Tylee. It’s a rambling justification of her (in)actions and some odd hits on the media.

I can’t see one benefit to putting this out.

Why wouldn’t she send this to her lawyers?

The letter indirectly answers why she never seemed concerned about JJ and Tylee, though. She appears to be a self absorbed simpleton.

I remember the statement from the babysitter a few threads back talking about JJ's favorite toy. Something that LVD had to order the pieces from a few different stores to put it all together, a dog from "Toy Story" I believe..Anyone recall that?
Ducky

Attachments

• 6934FEE2-4D10-498F-B3DC-6402CC6E4996.jpeg
    6934FEE2-4D10-498F-B3DC-6402CC6E4996.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 12
Apologies, I stepped away from this case for 3 or 4 days and you people have managed to put up 3 new threads of 50+ pages each since I was here last! Probably covered but I wanted to focus on this idea about when the...things...happened in the back yard. Does anyone have experience with buying satellite imagery? I found several sites where I can buy satellite images of the Daybell's back yard for about every week over the last year but I am dumbfounded by the process. I have to pick a satellite? And pixel size? And viewing nadir? And then map my lat/lon to a JSON? I am not a technically challenged person but after watching the tutorials on 2 of the sites that sell these I have no idea how to get the images.

I found a price list on one site that says about $25 per image and another site that is $500 per image.

I would be grateful for any advice on looking at, specifying, or buying satellite images. All images I get will be shared here.
:confused: @vislaw may be familiar with this

The way I see it, as long as Chad's side piece was 1000 miles away, he had it good. When she showed up in his town, he was screwed...and not in the way he hoped. She probably was putting pressure on him - "I did my part now do yours" - maybe he expressed second thoughts because she had kids. And that led them down the horrible path they followed. Maybe he showed up at her place one day and she had killed Tylee. Wow, MORE pressure. Then JJ the following week.

I don't think Chad is innocent at all. But I think Lori is bat $#1t crazy and more likely to kill a child in cold blood than Chad.

And because of that, I think he may roll on her fairly soon and do his 5-10 years for disposing of the bodies. If he does not throw her under the bus then I think it is a confession that he killed Tammy. Right now I think there is a very real possibility that Lori arranged Tammy's demise when Chad was dragging his feet.
This is along the lines I'm thinking too.

Trying to put the puzzle pieces together on few things that were floating on the surface for some time… so just some speculation on my part MOO:

- JC and SS in the interview said that LVD was always the one with the plan
- MG in her 7-page letter says that CD had a plan
- LVD initially thought CD will move to AZ, but then something didn’t work the way it should and she received a call to go to Rexburg – so plan changed (from MG interview)
- There was a time constraint to complete part of the plan before December (big earthquake, start of end of times)
- After it was decided to go to Rexburg things started to evolve pretty fast, so it seems that the plan was starting to be realized:
o Dog was sold (JJ would no longer need it)
o TR left behind all friends and would move to a place no one would know her or ask about her
o AC moved simultaneously with LV to take part in the action (his moving seems strange if not to suppose that it was initially planned to be a temporary move/place, as townhome was not furnished and later he returned to AZ, when his part of the plan was completed. That also explains why AC just took of and moved wherever LV was going)
o TR disappears/is killed on 9/8, very soon after they relocate
- At the moment there is no ongoing investigation, everything is according to the plan; all ties with family, CR, KW and LW are being cut with sufficient lies to keep this state of things for enough time before December earthquake when they will be gone to HI
o TR’s body has to be disposed asap, and as everything goes according to the plan, there surely is plan how to dispose the body right after murder. AC’s empty townhouse is a place to maneuver (if I recall correctly, everyone later knew about “sister” living nearby, but who knew about brother?)​

- For a long time I could not grasp what would be the reason of TD paintball gun incident. Just so not logical. From what we later learn it is most possible that the guy with paintball gun was AC. We also know that bodies were buried on CD’s property. TD had a regular Wednesday meetings (and I think @KonaHonu is onto something here). What if AC was there not to shoot at TD, but for what was on the surface: to make noise, distract her , while CD was wrapping up what he was doing in the back of the yard? From what I’ve seen on layout of their house, she could be coming from either side of the road and CD might not see her car arriving. Or he just needed time to wrap up in case she comes earlier than expected? Now this is 10/09, but why this same thing could not happen before, right after TR’s murder? Right after JJ’s murder? That would be also the best timing – not at night, and not during the day. Just speculating here
o After everything went as planned with TR, the same is repeated with JJ
o The plan realization continues. Now it’s turn for a) MBP, disposing of her husband and her kids, who are also becoming zombies (from IP’s document later), and who (MBP) should join LV and CD later with her new spouse, and b) getting rid of TD obviously.
o 10/01 Storage is rented, 10/02 shooting at BB, unsuccessful, he flees with the kids (oops, something not according to the plan, but this is not a big problem for LV who is more concerned with TD’s future passing away and is searching for wedding rings, dress etc at the same time, maybe also getting tickets to HI for November)
o TD is sent to her parents, more time for the gang to dispose of bodies, prepare TD’s murder (pure speculation)​

- Here is where the plan starts to fall apart. KW and LW start making unplanned actions regarding JJ; BB hires PI, notifies LE; TR’s jeep is notices at the scene; TD comes home earlier than planned etc

Some pure speculation here on my part, but what I really was wrapping my thoughts about was how fast everything went one after another now as we see it in the timeline. Some really busy folks there, each of them playing their own role JMO MOO

Last edited:
I agree with you. I think initially Chad didn’t quite grasp how Lori was going to completely adopt his BS. Once they had killed CV, he may have realized he was way over his head and had created a monster.
When he told her to come to Rexburg (instead of Chad moving to AZ) he may have hoped she would stay down there. But she hightailed it to Idaho with her Zombie children. Lori will never talk, but I won’t be shocked if he eventually pleads guilty and/or blabs the whole story to LE. No matter who actually killed Tammy, he will get a long sentence for her death since he was in the house and at a minimum let it happen.
I tend to agree. The only niggling doubt I have relates to CD's demeanour in the court room recently.

BBM. I don't believe that for a minute. He was the one labeling her children zombies and it was clear what it meant. MG even said that Lori was taken aback at first when Chad told her that Charles had become someone else (this was their first zombie).
IMO they planned and executed this together, with Alex's help.

I see Chad as cold and calculated as they get. He had been deceiving people for a long time. With Alex around, totally believing in the cause, he didn't even have to do the killing himself. IMO the kids would still be alive if they were not condemned by Chad.

Since it was his ideology and his prompts that led to the children's deaths, I don't see him getting out of his responsibility as the mastermind. Lori has more wiggle room when it comes to making a deal (if she's ever offered one). She could claim that she was blindly believing him and following his orders.
Sure, there is this. CD can talk the talk, but can he walk the walk?

Chad couldn't stop anyone else from getting killed? How about not declaring any more people zombies? IMO he held the power of life and death and used it exacly how and when it suited him. His mini cult followers were blindly accepting his visionary leadership. Only after he tried to make her an accomplice, MG woke up and broke ranks, although it took her 10 days to do so.
Yes. I have also noticed that a lot of his 'followers' are female. Did CD not have any male friends in his circle?

I think he got into something he couldnt get out of. How likely would a new vision of TD not dying be accepted by his circle? It may be something as simple as he didn't want to lose face. No doubt though, that he will be in prison for the rest of his life. If he didn't undertake the murders, he certainly encouraged them and to my mind that would fall under a conspiracy charge, with the same sentence as murder. I can see multiple life sentences for both CD and LVD.

Last edited:
Oh, I so agree. What especially made me gag was her saying Tylee is rolling her eyes over all the drama in the media.

The word “drama” is very prevalent in MBP’s speech. She talked about LVD not being a drama person. Tylee would roll her eyes over this drama.

JMO It’s on the surface – the message is “don’t make such a drama out of all this, you just don’t understand”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500