Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall being told he was in a larger market and chose to go back to ID. I think (or hope) that the relationship he’s established w/Dateline continues beyond this case and he can continue to cover big stories on a national stage and still stay in ID w/his family if that’s what he wants. I know I would look forward to him covering anything and he would do a great job IMO.

He’s so very tenacious and sincere, Clear speaking and believable, definitely has the qualities to handle the big ugly stuff however, how to maintain balance and a stomach for it. This case was at the foot of his bed and relevant to his religious foundation, must have kept him up nights and , unless he could drop it at the door, dominated most of his days.
He’s done a superb job, seems like an above and beyond kinda guy.

This will not be popular, but MOO:
I’ve been wondering whether Alex was haunted by the kids’ murders & what was done to Tylee especially after. Whether the horror of it began to break through whatever hold CD & LV had over him, through the conditioning. Maybe he truly loved his niece & nephew, and maybe he sincerely believed what those two said about their souls being stuck in Limbo & their deaths being the only way to free them. (I’m far more skeptical about LV believing this.) But maybe he couldn’t deal afterwards. Maybe the reason his visit to CD’s was so much briefer for JJ & that JJ didn’t receive the same treatment post-mortem was that AC couldn’t do that again.

Maybe his additional visits to CD’s that month were to try to talk through what he was feeling. Maybe he could mentally deal with TD & JR & CV because they were adults, adults he wasn’t close to, adults he could more readily believe LV & CD’s stories about. But the kids were different.

Maybe it was getting worse over time, and he was married off to ZP so a true believer could watch over him. Maybe he ended his own life because he couldn’t deal with it...or maybe they were afraid he would talk and used ZP to take him out.

I’m not in any way exonerating him in my mind; I’m just looking at him from a different perspective - that of an easily influenced cult member who feels ostracized by their society for who he is, who is thus manipulated into carrying out the will of the leader(s) because they know how to make him do what they want.

JMO / pure speculation

You are not alone. There has been plenty of speculation that suicide was the decision of Alex for these very reasons you mention. There was good dialogue back a ways to defend suicide and rebuke it. But that is how it goes when we just don't have the facts to go one way or the other. The one detail, not mentioned in your words was the fact that Tammy's body had been exhumed the day before his death. That was not guilt, per se, but rather they got me... BUT the autopsy did not bear witness to this.

Good morning everyone. Curious, please. Do you think prosecution considers MG important as a witness for trial? If so, why is she blabbing everything on national TV? Can they present her information in court without her testifying? I perhaps (OK, for sure) have watched too much TV, but prime witnesses seem to be kept quiet and safe until trial. If I were defending CD/LVD, I would consider it a gift to see and hear everything from MG in advance - not only for content, but to study her behavior and mannerisms in order to make her look like more of a gullible (I’m trying to find a nice word), um, simple-minded, incompetent witness whose words mean little to a jury. Thank you.

It is a big question, isn't it? I felt that Nate was way too accomodating of Melanie in his long interview.
I feel that since LE has her interviews signed and sealed, they might just want her to be blabbing for inconsistencies, or for others currently in hiding to come out of the weeds.

And perhaps that is the plan WITH LE. Try to get her to bring out others.

It kinda is necessary.

This is also a power play in the family. Summer is now the matriarch. The most normal brought up in a pit of vipers that she thinks still are normal. With therapy and some help with self-awareness there might be hope for her. This is the closest to normal any of them have ever looked.
Oh no. I disagree. The other brother, who has kept away from all this, it the ‘normal’ one.

I would like to know this too! Can anyone point me to another case where they release a photo after remains have been found, but are not asking for the public's help anymore?

[/QUOTE]
well... maybe that IS it.... They are still trying to get pictures from Yellowstone that day from others. Now that the news headlines include the finding of Tylee and JJ... maybe other park visitors of that September day will come forward.

Thank you for reposting this info from insider @anamanunee, I had not read this before. This removes any remaining doubt for me.

This, hopefully Massguy stops by this thread and weighs in. It is no surprise- she didn’t become bent humanity the moment she met CD and CD’s Should prove revealing, as well.

To talk about a murdered child either going on TV to clear up confusion or "smiling"... seriously, what sicko says stuff like that. There's "no confusion" except maybe for MP. It's child murder. And she wants the victim to clear it up?
It's all about her: memememe

Thank you! That statement bothered me so bad! Clear what up exactly??? That makes absolutely no sense! IMO

I’ve seen a few mentions about how she treated her kids: one from this poster to our thread way back on December 22. I’ll just copy her post since I can’t quote it. All bolding by me.

anamanuneeWell-Known Member
I've known this family for 10 years because my daughter was one of Tylee's best friends through elementary & middle school but they haven't kept in touch in a year or so (I am still friends with some of the the family on social media & I can provide further proof to the mods if needed). I stumbled on an article about this tonight & I'm in shock.

Tylee's father fought for custody for YEARS. Weeks after he was granted custody, Charles & Lori up & moved to Hawaii to "start a juice bar" & took Tylee with them. It was a very shady & spur of the moment departure.

Tylee was only suppose to be visiting her mom in town during her court allotted time. Her father tried to get in touch with Lori to arrange a pickup time but by then they had already left for Hawaii. They packed & moved in less than 5 days.

Lori has always had Tylee brainwashed so there was little her father could do to bring her home since Tylee refused to leave. Lori basically gave him an ultimatum- let Tylee stay in Hawaii & visit him twice a year, or she would tell the police that he sexually abused Tylee. (Kind of "funny" that she never mentioned this alleged abuse in the years they fought for custody but only brought out the threat as a last hail Mary).

Tylee's father immediately contacted his lawyer about the threats & they went to the police where he volunteered to undergo days of interrogation, lie detector test, psych evaluations, you name it & he passed everything with flying colors.

At this point, another parent of one of Tylee's friends contacted the police to let them know that Tylee was telling her daughter on the phone about how the whole thing was concocted to ensure that Tylee got to stay in Hawaii.

Two weeks after that, I contacted the police myself because I heard the same "confession" from Tylee when she called my own daughter. My daughter knew what was going on so she put the phone on speaker when Tylee called & I was able to record the conversation. I turned this recording over to the police.

Tylee's motivation for wanting to stay in Hawaii was because Lori allowed her to be homeschooled & sleep all day. For a young teenager with an awkward personality & low self esteem, this was exactly what she wanted. (Tylee verified this on the recording that I have.) She also wanted to stay in Hawaii because nobody with a single brain cell would pick the hell of Arizona over the heaven of Hawaii.

Lori's motivation was to avoid having to pay the child support to Tylee's father that was awarded when he was given custody. (Tylee also verified this on the recording.) In reality, Lori never had many maternal feelings toward Tylee because Lori was a typical Mormon mom who cared more about appearances than she did her own children. Tylee has always struggled with her weight & Lori never missed an opportunity shame her for it. Lori's fat shaming Tylee started in middle school & I witnessed it myself many times when Tylee was at our home & put her mom on speaker phone so we could hear how verbally abusive she was acting. These same feelings carried over to JJ since he had a lot of behavioral & mental challenges so he didn't fit up to the Mormon perfection.

Before the molestation threats started, Tylee's father generously paid for my daughter's plane ticket to go visit Tylee in Hawaii over Spring Break. I have a few stories to share about this visit but I want to double check with my daughter for some missing details before I post about it.

I have so much more to say about this but I'm going to need to sleep on it because I can't think clearly right now. I apologize for how poorly written my post is but I'll try to form a more coherent one tomorrow after I get a chance to read through this thread. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

If they are alive then I 100% believe that Tylee's maternal grandparents know where she & JJ are right now. They are financially well off & would lay down their lives to protect Lori since she does no wrong in their eyes. Needless to say, Lori's narcissism was inherited from them.

I also think there is little chance that they returned to Hawaii since they had gotten involved in some shady business practices there & fled the state in the same haste in which they left Arizona. While things were shady there, I don't believe his business partners have anything to do with this disappearance in case anyone was wondering. The problems were mostly due to Charles being a greedy dick & wouldn't be worth anyone harming the children over it.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
——-

we also have Cheryl Wheeler’s words-
A year after Charles and Lori got married, Cheryl became concerned about Lori’s mental state.

“She just seemed off. There were a lot of strange goings-on at their home to the point that a judge ordered cameras to be put in their home to protect the children,” Cheryl recalls.
Charles Vallow's ex-wife had concerns about Lori Daybell over 10 years ago and thinks his shooting death was '100% planned' | East Idaho News

And we have how Lori treated Charles Vallows young sons. Though not her own kids, I’d say indicative of her empathy.
It was July 2019 and Cheryl was in her Austin, Texas, home when her 24-year-old son, whose father is Charles, walked into the room.

“He had just literally received a text from Lori (Charles’ wife) saying his dad was dead,” Cheryl tells EastIdahoNews.com. “We were shocked. He tried calling her back, he tried texting, but she would not answer.”

'Cult' mom Lori Vallow waited 32 hours to tell her husband's sons that he was dead over TEXT | Daily Mail Online

'Cult' mom Lori Vallow waited 32 hours to tell her estranged husband's sons that their father had died and then refused to tell them how it happened - despite having been there when her brother killed him.

This is just so amazing. Re-reading such important information is just so valuable. I couldn't believe how many new feelings arose after re-reading this.

I certainly hope she is a witness.
I now hope more that they make Joe Ryan a new case.

And thanks @gumshoe for questioning what so many of us have felt for a long time. It's like we had to come "back to court" to defend just how horrible a person Lori is and was.

Women who are good women don't make the rules, they follow the rules laid before them by men. There is no one home in that head and heart. She is the perfect woman for them.
Wait, are you serious? "Women who are good women dont make the rules, they follow the rules laid before them by men"
please share what you mean by this

Last edited:
Reactions: BUF
After watching this latest Dateline, I have to say how disappointed I was. There seemed to be more commercials than content. I thought the last two were much better. There were only a couple tidbits of new info.... hearing that LV thought Oprah was the darkest person was really a nothing in the scheme of this.

...but the most disappointing thing to me was that MG showed no emotion when talking about these two children whose remains were just discovered... not even shedding a tear... just too many smiles for me, even if just a nervous reaction. I would much rather see her testifying in court to convict these horrid people rather than seeing her do these interviews to try to sway public opinion of her actions which IMO have fallen flat and maybe used to impeach her testimony in some way if she does testify.

moo

Is it too much to ask that her aunt would love Tylee enough to correctly spell her name?

I just wonder if they were close at all. Her letter sounds eerily similar to MPs statement. She is having to “process” the news.

How about just admitting your sister is a murderer? Would that be so hard?

how about saying you hurt for Charles and Tammy too and their families?
This family. Ugh.

I don't see any misspellings of Tylee's name. If you are referring to calling her Tyty, I think it's a nickname that maybe the family used.

Women who are good women don't make the rules, they follow the rules laid before them by men. There is no one home in that head and heart. She is the perfect woman for them.

I've been trying to formulate a phrase akin to "there is no one home". Her effect is so flat, I'm starting to wonder if she's heavily medicated. Jmo

Comment in regard to MG.

CD and LV had motive to kill their spouses: insurance money. But why the children? Why not return JV to his grandmother? And TR would soon be old enough to be on her own.
Lori murdered/conspired her children because she wanted to keep the monthly income she received for them. No other reason than that. They were also in the way of her disgusting affair but she could have given JJ to Kay and Tylee could have been on her own so it is all about the monthly income and keeping her an Chad in style.

Something I have been wondering.... where was or who had Tylee's phone during the Yellowstone trip? I feel like she would have been taking selfies with JJ while there; and using social media and things of that nature during the drive at least. I have questioned in my mind if Tylee's phone was taken away after CVs death because LV may have been nervous about Tylee sharing info with Colby or police or whomever.

Am I reading too much into a lack of mentioning Tylee's phone activity?

Also, I believe there is no way that LV would have allowed Tylee to go to college because she would lose a lot of control. And she definitely would not have allowed Tylee to turn 18 because then she literally has zero control of any kind because Tylee would have been an adult and didn't have to answer to her and police could question her without parent approval.

My thoughts on why CR and the Daybell kids were not killed was because they are all adults that wouldn't hamper CD & LVs fun because they are no longer legally responsible to house, clothe and feed them nor do they require parental supervision. So with no minor dependents, Chad and Lori could go live in their fantasy Hawaiian paradise.

Here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo

A couple days ago I was giving Melanie the benefit of the doubt and assumed she was a complete victim. Now, I’m very skeptical... I was applying normal logic to an abnormal friendship. I also love Oprah even more than I already did! Wouldn’t it be awesome to see Oprah take on Melanie in an interview?? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann