Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how desperately we all want Vanessa to be found, but there has NOT been a POI named yet. Sleuthing of any individual (and discussing it here) violates WS terms of service and may result in a temporarily loss of posting privileges either on this thread or forum wide.

I don’t believe anyone has nefarious motives but just think about it. You have dedicated your life and career to serving and defending the United States, I can’t begin to imagine how devastating it would be to see my name being thrown around in connection with a high profile disappearance with suspected foul play.

Please post accordingly. If you have any questions, contact a staff member off thread.

TX - TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

Murder investigation underway, Man found dead in Harker Heights | kcentv.com
Bringing this over, because it is really bothering me. This happened after Vanessa went missing. This was the first I had heard of it. His body was found May 19. (Do we need a thread for him?) I can't help but wonder did Brandon know something? Was he maybe getting ready to report what he knew? It's just too coincidental for my liking.

No.
It would not be okay to say "this man's" name here now.
Unless a name is reported in MSM or someone is named a suspect by LE, names cannot just be thrown out here on the threads.

WS is a fact-based forum.
Not a rumor mill.

Sleuthing of non-POIs/non-suspects is against WS TOS.

Alerting my own post so that a mod can hopefully address.

JMO.

Don’t feel the need to write a new post because it would be extremely redundant as this post is not only succinct, but right on the money. Please take heed of what has been said above regarding WS rules. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Hi All,

Here is the link for the info regarding the tunnel system below Fort Hood. It gives you an idea what these tunnels looks like.
Mods: If not an appropriate/approved source, please delete.
Thank you!

The way I understand it is vanessa confided in a co-worker, co-worker told mom. So perhaps the co-worker didn't tell mom until a month is? Total guess from me tho
MOO VG didn't tell her mother because her mother would have gone right into Ft. Hood and knocked that Sgt OUT.
It may turn out that it might have been better if she had told her mom.
A scene at the HQ with a mother shouting at the Sgt might have been embarrassing, but it also would have might have started a proper investigation.

If you're saying its the guy that was named in a YT psychic video, then I have my doubts. I am open to all ideas, but command chiefs are a pretty big thing. They have actual soldiers drive them, and assist them in all meetings or places they go to. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't think that would be appropriate here. I mean, I would still be interested in this "theory", but there has to be some pretty good confidence in this "tipper". MOO

Did a psychic find out the name? That is new to me!
Some YouTube videos should be reported and put down, imo. It's ok if the family seeks help from psychics, fortune tellers or whatever they believe in but, it's disrespectful to the family to make those videos without their permission and say their loved one is no longer with us. Same goes to possible suspects, accomplices, etc. All for the views and monetization. A total lack of professionalism if they are in fact what they claim to be.

MOO JMO

Hi All,

Here is the link for the info regarding the tunnel system below Fort Hood. It gives you an idea what these tunnels looks like.
Mods: If not an appropriate/approved source, please delete.
Thank you!

She's the military reporter for KCEN TV, so it should be good. That was quite interesting by the way. Thank you for posting.

Did a psychic find out the name? That is new to me!
Some YouTube videos should be reported and put down, imo. It's ok if the family seeks help from psychics, fortune tellers or whatever they believe in but, it's disrespectful to the family to make those videos without their permission and say their loved one is no longer with us. Same goes to possible suspects, accomplices, etc. All for the views and monetization. A total lack of professionalism if they are in fact what they claim to be.

MOO JMO
MOO no one should be under scrutiny for psychic finger pointing.

Another interesting fact on the tunnel system below West Fort Hood… It is used for training…

The subterranean battlefield: Warfare is going underground, into dark, tight spaces

It is darkness like you’ve never seen. The air you breathe could kill you in moments. All of your fire support — air, armor, artillery — is useless. The walls and ceiling could collapse. Communications will fail. A wrong turn leaves you utterly alone.

Going underground, in dark, tight spaces, can trigger feelings of helplessness in even experienced troops. It is the most primitive and close combat a fighter may face.

“You think you’ve been in a dark environment?” a former special operations soldier-turned trainer said. “Wait until you get into a deep underground facility and the power’s cut. That is scary.”

Welcome to the subterranean.

It is happening in Syria now. Iraqi forces faced it in Mosul. Russia, China, North Korea, Iran all boast complex facilities laced with reinforced command and control and the ability to deploy thousands of troops, tanks, missiles and even launch planes from underground runways.

….

At least two years ago, the Army assessed its underground combat capabilities and found gaps.

….

Top leadership has emphasized the need for troops to be ready to fight in megacities and the underground is a feature that cannot be ignored.

….

Though the Army and Marine Corps want troops ready to go underground, not every base has the facilities.

Those include the Tunnel Warfare Center in China Lake, California, Yuma Proving Grounds, Arizona; White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico; Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri; Fort Story, Virginia; Fort Hood, Texas; and Muscatatuck Urban Training Center, Indiana, likely the most complex of the list.

The Marine Corps has underground features at its urban training facility at Twentynine Palms, California.

Source:
The subterranean battlefield: Warfare is going underground, into dark, tight spaces

MOO VG didn't tell her mother because her mother would have gone right into Ft. Hood and knocked that Sgt OUT.
A scene at the HQ with a mother shouting at the Sgt might have been embarrassing, but it also would have might have started a proper investigation.

It stated early on she didnt tell her mother because she was scared they would do something to her family, she referred to them as kind if like a gang.

Another interesting fact on the tunnel system below West Fort Hood… It is used for training…

It is darkness like you’ve never seen. The air you breathe could kill you in moments. All of your fire support — air, armor, artillery — is useless. The walls and ceiling could collapse. Communications will fail. A wrong turn leaves you utterly alone.

Going underground, in dark, tight spaces, can trigger feelings of helplessness in even experienced troops. It is the most primitive and close combat a fighter may face.

“You think you’ve been in a dark environment?” a former special operations soldier-turned trainer said. “Wait until you get into a deep underground facility and the power’s cut. That is scary.”

Welcome to the subterranean.

It is happening in Syria now. Iraqi forces faced it in Mosul. Russia, China, North Korea, Iran all boast complex facilities laced with reinforced command and control and the ability to deploy thousands of troops, tanks, missiles and even launch planes from underground runways.

….

At least two years ago, the Army assessed its underground combat capabilities and found gaps.

….

Top leadership has emphasized the need for troops to be ready to fight in megacities and the underground is a feature that cannot be ignored.

….

Though the Army and Marine Corps want troops ready to go underground, not every base has the facilities.

Those include the Tunnel Warfare Center in China Lake, California, Yuma Proving Grounds, Arizona; White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico; Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri; Fort Story, Virginia; Fort Hood, Texas; and Muscatatuck Urban Training Center, Indiana, likely the most complex of the list.

The Marine Corps has underground features at its urban training facility at Twentynine Palms, California.

Source:
Access has got to be next to impossible. MOO the tunnels have to be patrolled and secure.

It stated early on she didnt tell her mother because she was scared they would do something to her family, she referred to them as kind if like a gang.
Can get a link?

cant remember where i seen it, was either on the begining of these threads or youtube. The mother is the one who gave this info.

the mother asked her to tell her the names of the sgt’ and Vanessa said no to not worry shell figure it out. She also said she was scared theyll harm one of her family members that its ugly what goes on inside the ppl from the outside dont know.

not word for word but similar!

I hadn't read that! So a group? Would you mind sharing a link? TIA!

Sorry, wish i can remember but i dont. I think its the beginning of when the original thread was made or off youtube. These are the mothers words. The mother wanted the sgt name so she can make a complaint and Vanessa said to not worry shell figure it out.

Last edited:
I agree @Boxer! I do think it would be super risky/impossible to utilize these tunnels in a crime in any capacity as they seem to be utilized for a bunch of different purposes and people appear to be in and out… and yes, I would assume they are patrolled. OK... moving on from the tunnels now, I think...

Underground operation: Fort Hood tunnels used for training

It's called the Fort Hood Underground Training Facility - a pair of reinforced networked tunnels with 2-foot-thick concrete walls dug nearly 1,000 feet into the hillside.

Even though one of the tunnels is open to the public on a limited basis, much of its history remains unknown, even to its caretakers.

The other tunnel in the complex is off limits due to ongoing research. Lauer said various government agencies, both military and civilian, use it to test underground sensing equipment, as well as other classified training exercises.

Resource:

Underground operation: Fort Hood tunnels used for training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members