Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regimental Engineer Squadron, 3d U.S. Cavalry Regiment
This is the unit Vanessa worked at.
3rd Cav. Regimental engineer squadron. There was a change over in CSM's (Command Sergeant Major) in May 2019 in Pioneer squad. ( not sure which squad Vanessa was in) All under the Garrison command of III Corp.

Now, I have spent a lot of time looking at official Fort Hood web pages and fb pages today, and I can tell you that there hasn't been a single page that I've visited that hasn't been bombarded by 'Where's Vanessa' comments and missing posters. The Army are under siege!
I'm not sure where blogger who posted here got the 69th air artillery from as I think that's the wrong unit, Vanessa was small arms not artillery wasn't she?

Info from the translated interview is on page 38 of the first thread:) that's where her mother references Vanessa saying the harassers were like a gang and she feared they would target her family if she identified them.

Last edited:
We keep hearing the perpetrator as "he". Could it possibly be a "she"?
This would account for not being noticed.
I don’t think there are any female sergeants at fort hood? Unless I’m looking at the fort hood webpage incorrectly. I only see men and we know Vanessa told her mom it was a sergeant harassing her. Missing Soldier's Mom Says She Was Sexually Harassed By A Sergeant Before Vanishing

Says “he”

“[Vanessa] said it was stalking and verbal harassment. He would look at her [in] some type of way that would make any woman feel uncomfortable,” Gloria told Crime Online in a story published Tuesday. Gloria, who speaks Spanish, relayed the information through her daughter Mayra Guillen, who translated for her.

Regimental Engineer Squadron, 3d U.S. Cavalry Regiment
This is the unit Vanessa worked at.
3rd Cav. Regimental engineer squadron. There was a change over in CSM's (Command Sergeant Major) in May 2019 in Pioneer squad. ( not sure which squad Vanessa was in) All under the Garrison command of III Corp.

Now, I have spent a lot of time looking at official Fort Hood web pages and fb pages today, and I can tell you that there hasn't been a single page that I've visited that hasn't been bombarded by 'Where's Vanessa' comments and missing posters. The Army are under siege!
I'm not sure where blogger who posted here got the 69th air artillery from as I think that's the wrong unit, Vanessa was small arms not artillery wasn't she?

That was my undestanding, that she was a 91F. MOO she was the inventory clerk.
Thats why I think she may have uncovered wrong doing and was disappeared.
One missing weapon is the end of many careers.

That was my undestanding, that she was a 91F. MOO she was the inventory clerk.
Thats why I think she may have uncovered wrong doing and was disappeared.
One missing weapon is the end of many careers.

BBM that's a very good point. I don't think she would have mentioned sexual harassment to her mom if it wasn't in regards to that, but this is a good point you make about the weapons. I think that weapons have been stolen or taken before and sold on the black market. But this person/persons could have been involved in all kinds of wrong doings.

I have a question. I know a lot of people have been focusing on her being in the tunnels. But does anyone know why they were searching for her at the Leon River for her? There must have been a pretty good tip or find to send them there to search.

Just now following... Oh, my, what did happen to her? Gives me >chills<.
Just saw this article:

Foul Play Suspected in Case of Solider Who Complained of Sexual Harassment Before Vanishing: Army

Pfc. Vanessa Guillen, 20, vanished from Fort Hood soon after telling relatives a superior was sexually harassing her

By Chris Harris
June 24, 2020 12:31 PM

Relatives of missing Army private Vanessa Guillen met with investigators at Fort Hood on Tuesday, and learned foul play is suspected in the 20-year-old soldier's disappearance.

During a press conference with the Guillen family, Rep. Sylvia Garcia explained that Fort Hood leadership "have used the words foul play" in discussions about the Texas woman's whereabouts.

"They are convinced now there's foul play involved and they are following all the leads that they can," Garcia told reporters.
[...]
RELATED: Search Underway in Texas for Missing 20-Year-Old Soldier: 'Something Is Not Right,' Says Sister

According to an Army press release, Col. Ralph Overland last week appointed a team to conduct the sexual harassment investigation.

"I opened an investigation concerning the information provided by the Guillen family that Pfc. Vanessa Guillen was harassed prior to her disappearance," the statement quotes Overland as saying.

--------------------------------
More here:
Foul Play Suspected in Case of Solider Who Complained of Sexual Harassment Before Vanishing: Army

I have a question. I know a lot of people have been focusing on her being in the tunnels. But does anyone know why they were searching for her at the Leon River for her? There must have been a pretty good tip or find to send them there to search.
There was a tip but they didn’t say who it was from or what the tip was exactly. Being from that area, I am a little surprised that that’s where she would be, because it’s further away from ft hood and because there are tons of wooded areas around there. Ft.Hood is massive.

What a strong woman she is. I'm sure she will never give up on this until she gets to the truth. I pray that her health remains good as this worry can be very debilitating.
I'm hoping that she raises such hell about Ft. Hood, etc., the powers who can will order a thorough investigation until this case is solved, i.e., until she is found; if there has been foul play, until the culprit(s) is(are) caught and tried.
Black Lives Matter!
and
Women's Lives Matter!

Another interesting fact on the tunnel system below West Fort Hood… It is used for training…

The subterranean battlefield: Warfare is going underground, into dark, tight spaces

It is darkness like you’ve never seen. The air you breathe could kill you in moments. All of your fire support — air, armor, artillery — is useless. The walls and ceiling could collapse. Communications will fail. A wrong turn leaves you utterly alone.

Going underground, in dark, tight spaces, can trigger feelings of helplessness in even experienced troops. It is the most primitive and close combat a fighter may face.

“You think you’ve been in a dark environment?” a former special operations soldier-turned trainer said. “Wait until you get into a deep underground facility and the power’s cut. That is scary.”

Welcome to the subterranean.

It is happening in Syria now. Iraqi forces faced it in Mosul. Russia, China, North Korea, Iran all boast complex facilities laced with reinforced command and control and the ability to deploy thousands of troops, tanks, missiles and even launch planes from underground runways.

….

At least two years ago, the Army assessed its underground combat capabilities and found gaps.

….

Top leadership has emphasized the need for troops to be ready to fight in megacities and the underground is a feature that cannot be ignored.

….

Though the Army and Marine Corps want troops ready to go underground, not every base has the facilities.

Those include the Tunnel Warfare Center in China Lake, California, Yuma Proving Grounds, Arizona; White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico; Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri; Fort Story, Virginia; Fort Hood, Texas; and Muscatatuck Urban Training Center, Indiana, likely the most complex of the list.

The Marine Corps has underground features at its urban training facility at Twentynine Palms, California.

Source:
The subterranean battlefield: Warfare is going underground, into dark, tight spaces
That's interesting, never knew that about China Lake. I wonder if they're even able to use it after the quakes last year?

Tonight we've learned a new neighborhood was canvassed outside @forthood today in the search for Vanessa Guillen. Search teams went door to door passing out flyers because they believe someone may have information there that could help #FindVanessaGuillen #KHOU11

https://twitter.com/gracewhitekhou/status/1275973812908146688?s=21

Tonight we've learned a new neighborhood was canvassed outside @forthood today in the search for Vanessa Guillen. Search teams went door to door passing out flyers because they believe someone may have information there that could help #FindVanessaGuillen #KHOU11
Sure would be interesting to know who's neighborhood it is or why they are searching there. Maybe we'll get an update tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa