FL - Amber Gaddis, 30, found dead after husband escapes kidnappers, Jacksonville, June 2020

Police say Amber Gaddis was killed during a home robbery on Saturday morning in the 5300 block of Kingsbury Street.

Daniel Gaddis says he left his house willingly with acquaintances then was dropped off at an apartment complex where he was robbed.

He believes those men went back to his home and tried to rob his wife.

“She opened the door because it was someone she knew, and then they tried to rob her and I wasn’t there,” Gaddis said.

snip

“I wasn’t kidnapped, it was planned. It was like a setup. They planned it out, came to the house. Their intention was to rob us,” Gaddis said.

Wife, mom remembered after weekend shooting on Westside
—-
BBM - I don’t know what to think about this other than the obvious
IMO
I hope there’s some cameras somewhere to back this story. Like doorbell cameras, apartment complex cameras, traffic cameras, etc.

Police say Amber Gaddis was killed during a home robbery on Saturday morning in the 5300 block of Kingsbury Street.

Daniel Gaddis says he left his house willingly with acquaintances then was dropped off at an apartment complex where he was robbed.

“She opened the door because it was someone she knew, and then they tried to rob her and I wasn’t there,” Gaddis said.

snip

“I wasn’t kidnapped, it was planned. It was like a setup. They planned it out, came to the house. Their intention was to rob us,” Gaddis said.

—-
IMO

I’m getting the impression that the husband protests too much. These circumstances do seem possible and he knows the other people that picked him up. I agree it’s confusing.

snip

—-
IMO

I’m getting the impression that the husband protests too much. These circumstances do seem possible and he knows the other people that picked him up. I agree it’s confusing.
I hope there’s some cameras somewhere to back this story. Like doorbell cameras, apartment complex cameras, traffic cameras, etc.

Plus 1. Those cameras are as common as leaves

I am really surprised no one else gets a drug vibe. Sadly, maybe I’ve just been around too many drug users in my life. I also spent a lot more time going down the rabbit hole of this case than I’m proud of, so maybe after reading all of her court cases is influencing my opinions. When someone doensnt appear to have custody of their kids, and has a lengthy history of drug violations, I can’t help but think drugs are involved.

Possession, possession with intent, under the influence, assault, shoplifting, theft. Etc. from her social media it seems obvious to me she didn’t have custody but I don’t remember specifics of why I think this. Plus other things on social media that we can’t talk about here. Like I said, I went down a rabbit hole.

I never found any court reports but I found her and her husband listed as owning a local home repair business. Both of them would be involved in the custody issue it would seem, not just against her. At any rate, just reading that she was at home, with children, and then murdered, it’s hard for me to think she was up to no good.

I never found any court reports but I found her and her husband listed as owning a local home repair business. Both of them would be involved in the custody issue it would seem, not just against her. At any rate, just reading that she was at home, with children, and then murdered, it’s hard for me to think she was up to no good.

If you go to the county court site, you will find multiple reports under her current name and maiden name, going back yearsss. I don’t know if the custody issue was official thru the courts, since that may not even be public (family court stuff isn’t public in my area but idk how it works in Jacksonville). I also don’t remember reading her kids were home but I’d have to go back and reread the initial articles.

No one deserves to be murdered whether she was a drug user or not. I was only sharing my gut feeling based on what I read, and my extensive experience with a “junkie” (I don’t like that word) sister who many people would have no idea was a junkie.

If you go to the county court site, you will find multiple reports under her current name and maiden name, going back yearsss. I don’t know if the custody issue was official thru the courts, since that may not even be public (family court stuff isn’t public in my area but idk how it works in Jacksonville). I also don’t remember reading her kids were home but I’d have to go back and reread the initial articles.

No one deserves to be murdered whether she was a drug user or not. I was only sharing my gut feeling based on what I read, and my extensive experience with a “junkie” (I don’t like that word) sister who many people would have no idea was a junkie.

Please accept my regrets if my comment came off wrong. I wasn’t thinking that anybody was victim blaming, just maybe reading too much into the drug angle. It could have well been a robbery by someone wanting to get drug money. I’ll go back and get a reference for the article I got the children being there info from.

Please accept my regrets if my comment came off wrong. I wasn’t thinking that anybody was victim blaming, just maybe reading too much into the drug angle. It could have well been a robbery by someone wanting to get drug money. I’ll go back and get a reference for the article I got the children being there info from.

not at all! I didn’t think you came across in any negative way. I appreciate your input! I’m surprised there haven’t been more comments on this thread

Possession, possession with intent, under the influence, assault, shoplifting, theft. Etc. from her social media it seems obvious to me she didn’t have custody but I don’t remember specifics of why I think this. Plus other things on social media that we can’t talk about here. Like I said, I went down a rabbit hole.
I'm going down that same rabbit hole now.

I am really surprised no one else gets a drug vibe. Sadly, maybe I’ve just been around too many drug users in my life. I also spent a lot more time going down the rabbit hole of this case than I’m proud of, so maybe after reading all of her court cases is influencing my opinions. When someone doensnt appear to have custody of their kids, and has a lengthy history of drug violations, I can’t help but think drugs are involved.
I totally get the drug vibe. The leaving with a few acquaintances late at night is sketchy. And the previous proof that there was a drug issue and legal issues, from my own research on social media rabbit holes I’m fairly certain. He got robbed of what? That’s what I’m wondering. Was it money, drugs, jewelry? What was in the house they knew of to go take there? Did he owe money and they robbed them as revenge? Then why trash the TV.. so many questions.

I totally get the drug vibe. The leaving with a few acquaintances late at night is sketchy. And the previous proof that there was a drug issue and legal issues, from my own research on social media rabbit holes I’m fairly certain. He got robbed of what? That’s what I’m wondering. Was it money, drugs, jewelry? What was in the house they knew of to go take there? Did he owe money and they robbed them as revenge? Then why trash the TV.. so many questions.

From the reports I note above, they robbed him of $20, his shoes, and phone. The roommate said when he returned, there was “stuff missing” and the tv was outside. I don’t get, with this being in the city, why the neighbors who heard these shots didn’t report it. I agree about things being sketchy such as the time frame.

I don’t think they trashed the tv, I think they were probably trying to take it but abandoned it. Maybe what they intended on robbing wasn’t in the house, so they said screw it, were at least taking this tv. Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back