CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #5

Hopefully LE will eventually be able to piece together all of his murders. I simply don't believe that DeAngelo took a 4 year hiatus from killing between 1981 and 1985. I do think it's reasonable to conclude he stopped killing at some point, but I don't know if it was in 1985. He would have been 41 in 1985, which is fairly old for serial killers after all. That's why don't feel as strong about DeAngelo killing after 1985 as I do about him killing between 1981 and 1985.

Last edited:
Did anyone catch right at the beginning when the Sacramento prosecutor was speaking about the initial interview of DeAngelo?

He said that DeAngelo started talking to himself in the interview room, saying something about "he had pushed Jerry out, so Jerry couldn't do those things anymore" or something like that.

I wonder if that was true? Or maybe setting up a split personality issue? All moot now that he's pleading guilty to everything. Just thought it was interesting.

The hearing will resume at 11:15 PST
Prosecutor: Golden State Killer said inner person drove him
rbbm.
''DeAngelo, 74, has never publicly acknowledged the killings, but offered up a confession of sorts after his arrest that cryptically referred to an inner personality named “Jerry” that had apparently forced him to commit the wave of crimes that ended abruptly in 1986.

“I did all that,” DeAngelo said to himself while alone in a police interrogation room after his arrest in April 2018, Sacramento County prosecutor Thien Ho said.

“I didn’t have the strength to push him out,” DeAngelo said. “He made me. He went with me. It was like in my head, I mean, he’s a part of me. I didn’t want to do those things. I pushed Jerry out and had a happy life. I did all those things. I destroyed all their lives. So now I’ve got to pay the price.”

The day of reckoning had come for DeAngelo, Ho said.''

I was watching for a bit, but it became too difficult. The graphic depictions of rape and then a frail old man admitting guilt. I want to have love and compassion for all elderly people and seeing him in that state has me so torn up inside. He committed the worst crimes and needs to be put away. Blehhh I hate my empathy sometimes.

Prosecutor: Golden State Killer said inner person drove him
rbbm.
''DeAngelo, 74, has never publicly acknowledged the killings, but offered up a confession of sorts after his arrest that cryptically referred to an inner personality named “Jerry” that had apparently forced him to commit the wave of crimes that ended abruptly in 1986.

“I did all that,” DeAngelo said to himself while alone in a police interrogation room after his arrest in April 2018, Sacramento County prosecutor Thien Ho said.

“I didn’t have the strength to push him out,” DeAngelo said. “He made me. He went with me. It was like in my head, I mean, he’s a part of me. I didn’t want to do those things. I pushed Jerry out and had a happy life. I did all those things. I destroyed all their lives. So now I’ve got to pay the price.”

The day of reckoning had come for DeAngelo, Ho said.''

RBBM

Good grief! An inner personality named "Jerry"??

Sounds like O.J.'s buddy "Charlie" who killed NBS and RG.

JMVHO.

I was watching for a bit, but it became too difficult. The graphic depictions of rape and then a frail old man admitting guilt. I want to have love and compassion for all elderly people and seeing him in that state has me so torn up inside. He committed the worst crimes and needs to be put away. Blehhh I hate my empathy sometimes.
While I admire your tender heart he is 100% acting. There are other appearances where he saunters in and speaks in a clear voice. Wait and see his acting during victim statements.

Im thrilled this monster is finally getting justice for the decades of terror he caused. This trial is important, but Im honestly so upset for his victims. The coward should have had to face the people he tortured and hear the pain he caused. Its such a disservice to them, to have this court proceeding be closed, especailly since this was probably the only opportunity they would have had to confront him, if they wanted. Still a good day, but he got off light

Im thrilled this monster is finally getting justice for the decades of terror he caused. This trial is important, but Im honestly so upset for his victims. The coward should have had to face the people he tortured and hear the pain he caused. Its such a disservice to them, to have this court proceeding be closed, especailly since this was probably the only opportunity they would have had to confront him, if they wanted. Still a good day, but he got off light
It's my understanding that the victims/family members will be able to attend and give statements at the sentencing in August.

It's my understanding that the victims/family members will be able to attend and give statements at the sentencing in August.
Thats so good to hear, those poor people have been waiting so long to get closure. I heard them discussing Jane doe 49 earlier and it really struck me how many peoples lives hes ruined. 49 jane does, is just unfathomable. I hope the rest of his mans life is filled with misery and dispare

I'm just in total awe that this is actually happening. This is the one case that absolutely terrified me. I couldn't even "study" it until the past few years and the sketch with the mask was one of the scariest things I'd ever seen. Even sixteen years ago when we lived in our old house that was on the end of a cul-de-sac next to a field I was so scared that he was out there. Hearing blow by blow, the devastation that he caused is just unbelievable.

eta: We knew so much about the murders, but the "new" details coming out about the rapes and how many young girls were assaulted is horrifying.

I'm just in total awe that this is actually happening. This is the one case that absolutely terrified me. I couldn't even "study" it until the past few years and the sketch with the mask was one of the scariest things I'd ever seen. Even sixteen years ago when we lived in our old house that was on the end of a cul-de-sac next to a field I was so scared that he was out there. Hearing blow by blow, the devastation that he caused is just unbelievable.

eta: We knew so much about the murders, but the "new" details coming out about the rapes and how many young girls were assaulted is horrifying.
rbbm.
To think that he had 3 daughters himself is mind blowing! imo
Estranged wife of 'Golden State Killer' breaks her silence in brief statement | Daily Mail Online
''Huddle and DeAngelo's three daughters are all adults now. The accused serial killer was living with one daughter and a grandchild when he was arrested on April 25.''

Are there any documents anywhere that I can look at all the counts that he was charged with yesterday? There is probably a video of the afternoon hearing, but I really do not want to sit thru another one - the morning one was enough. Thought there might be some docs somewhere!

TIA! :)

Are there any documents anywhere that I can look at all the counts that he was charged with yesterday? There is probably a video of the afternoon hearing, but I really do not want to sit thru another one - the morning one was enough. Thought there might be some docs somewhere!

TIA! :)
Hopefully this link is fine to post..
Golden State Killer Trial – The Trial of Joseph DeAngelo
''Joseph James DeAngelo, Jr. has officially admitted responsibility for 76 crimes committed by the Golden State Killer:

Count 1: Guilty of the murder of Claude Snelling
Count 1 (cont): Admitted to the attempted kidnapping of Beth Snelling
Count 1 (cont): Admitted to the attempted murder of Bill McGowen
Count 2: Guilty of the murder of Katie Maggiore
Count 3: Guilty of the murder of Brian Maggiore
Count 4: Guilty of the murder of Debra Manning
Count 5: Guilty of the murder of Robert Offerman
Count 6: Guilty of the murder of Cheri Domingo
Count 7: Guilty of the murder of Greg Sanchez
Count 8: Guilty of the murder of Charlene Smith
Count 9: Guilty of the murder of Lyman Smith
Count 10: Guilty of the murder of Patrice Harrington
Count 11: Guilty of the murder of Keith Harrington
Count 12: Guilty of the murder of Manuela Witthuhn
Count 13: Guilty of the murder of Janelle Cruz
Count 14: Guilty of the EAR Attack #4 of Jane Doe #1
Count 15: Guilty of the EAR Attack #16 of Jane Doe #2 and John Doe #1
Count 16: Guilty of the EAR Attack #17 of Jane Doe #3 and John Doe #2
Count 17: Guilty of the EAR Attack #18 of Jane Doe #4 and John Doe #3
Count 18: Guilty of the EAR Attack #20 of Jane Doe #5 and John Doe #4
Count 19: Guilty of the EAR Attack #21 of Jane Doe #6 and John Doe #5
Count 20: Guilty of the EAR Attack #22 of Jane Doe #7 and John Doe #6
Count 21: Guilty of the EAR Attack #24 of Jane Doe #8 and John Doe #7
Count 22: Guilty of the EAR Attack #25 of Jane Doe #9 and John Doe #8
Count 23: Guilty of the EAR Attack #37 of Jane Doe #10 and John Doe #9
Count 24: Guilty of the EAR Attack #38 of Jane Doe #11 and John Doe #10
Count 25: Guilty of EAR Attack #39 of Jane Doe #12 and John Doe #11
Count 26: Guilty of the EAR Attack #46 of Jane Doe #13 and John Doe #12
Count 28: Admitted to the EAR Attack #1 of Jane Doe #14
Counts 29 and 30: Admitted to the EAR Attack #2 of Jane Doe #15 and Jane Doe #16
Counts 31, 32, and 33: Admitted to the EAR Attack #2 of Jane Doe #17, Jane Doe #18, and Jane Doe #19
Counts 34 and 35: Admitted to EAR Attack #5 on Jane Doe #20 and John Doe #13
Count 36: Admitted to EAR Attack #6 on Jane Doe #21
Count 37: Admitted to EAR Attack #7 on Jane Doe #22
Count 38: Admitted to EAR Attack #9 on Jane Doe #23
Count 39: Admitted to EAR Attack #10 on Jane Doe #24
Count 40: Admitted to EAR Attack #11 on Jane Doe #25
Count 41: Admitted to EAR Attack #12 on Jane Doe #26
Counts 42 and 43: Admitted to EAR Attack #13 on Jane Doe #27 and Jane Doe #28
Count 44: Admitted to EAR Attack #14 on Jane Doe #29
Count 45: Admitted to EAR Attack #15 on Jane Doe #30
Counts 46 and 47: Admitted to EAR Attack #19 on Jane Doe #31 and John Doe #14
Counts 48 and 49: Admitted to EAR Attack #26 on Jane Doe #32 and John Doe #15
Counts 50 and 51: Admitted to EAR Attack #27 on Jane Doe #33 and Jane Doe #34
Count 52: Admitted to EAR Attack #28 on Jane Doe #35
Counts 53 and 54: Admitted to EAR Attack #29 on Jane Doe #36 and Jane Doe #37
Counts 55 and 56: Admitted to EAR Attack #23 on Jane Doe #38 and John Doe #16
Counts 57 and 58: Admitted to EAR Attack #30 on Jane Doe #39 and John Doe #17
Counts 59 and 60: Admitted to EAR Attack #32 on Jane Doe #40 and John Doe #18
Count 61: Admitted to EAR Attack #33 on Jane Doe #41
Counts 62 and 63: Admitted to EAR Attack #34 on Jane Doe #42 and John Doe #19
Counts 64 and 65: Admitted to EAR Attack #35 on Jane Doe #43 and John Doe #20
Count 66: Admitted to EAR Attack #36 on Jane Doe #44
Count 67: Admitted to EAR Attack #40 on Jane Doe #45
Counts 68 and 69: Admitted to EAR Attack #41 on Jane Doe #46 and John Doe #21
Count 70: Admitted to the EAR Attack #42 of Jane Doe #47
Count 71: Admitted to the EAR Attack #45 of Jane Doe #48
Count 72: Admitted to the EAR Attack #47 of Jane Doe #49
Counts 73 and 74: Admitted to the EAR Attack #44 of Jane Doe #50 and John Doe #22''

''Victim Impact Statements and Sentencing to Begin the Week of August 17th, 2020''

Whoa! I guess I asked for it @dotr - a BIG
182x100px-LL-afeb3b6f_Thank20You205BRed5D.gif

Is that HBO movie only 2 parts? I will get my bro to download it for me. TIA!
bonjourr.gif

eta: We knew so much about the murders, but the "new" details coming out about the rapes and how many young girls were assaulted is horrifying.[/QU

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back