Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's CID Top dog he knows very well what's going on; if he doesn't then he should be relieved with that much rank and pay. JMO

Forgive me but if he is the 2 star base commander he maybe can spell CID. That's it.

I assumed he was the base commander? CID top person on post would normally be a colonel. You cant have CID person out ranking the dude in charge of the entire installation. 2 stars are not directing much but golf and military balls.

Last edited:
I feel like I now have more questions than I had before the press conference.

As this guy wasn’t in her chain of command, and worked in an adjacent building, then motive is still up in the air.

I now believe he found himself with an opportunity, and made sexual advances towards Vanessa. She rebuffed him, and he killed her in a rage.
And I believe he had the propensity to do this whether in the army at Ft. Polk or on the streets of some city. jmo

Forgive me but if he is the 2 star base commander he maybe can spell CID.

I assumed base commander? CID top person on post would normally be a colonel. 2 stars are not directing much but golf and military balls.
With a case like this, he knows. Officers meet and get briefed everyday on what's happening. They may not particular do the foot work themselves but he knows. That's why there's a Chain of Command. Everybody works for somebody. And as they say 'Manure rolls down hill'! It's a military saying. That's why PFC Guillen's 1SG, Commander, Robinson's direct supervisor...these people will be relieved from duty or get GOMARS (bad write ups) for what he did. 'Leadership Starts At The Top'!

A loyal soldier being bludgeoned to death and dismembered INSIDE a secured building in a large military base.

YEAH. I sure expected to hear much more about this.

I witnessed more emotion here when presser participant made comments about unidentified military personnel that have been wrongly connected to the crime on social media. :eek:

And I heard forceful denial that pretty much called VG's family liars.

That's how the presser came off to me.

We’ve seen what bleach on non porous surfaces can do. Even if they did find her blood, it may have not been in a quantity that would allow for murder charges without a body.
What's your take on them finally suspecting foul play so late in the game? They should've seen evidence of blood in this room from the first day. JMO.

We’ve seen what bleach on non porous surfaces can do. Even if they did find her blood, it may have not been in a quantity that would allow for murder charges without a body.

I agree. With that said though, if they believed it was him-- sign ins, etc, why was he not followed or detained? They had the remains much earlier in the day so unless he was evading them, he should have been monitored. Was the assumption that he would come in quietly? Was he tipped off by someone? How did he have access to a gun if he had been on their radar? Too many questions....

2 star by rank is a Major General. 4 is highest that can be attained and Gen. Patton was the only 5, correct me if I'm wrong I'm a bit rusty lol. He's the III CORPS Deputy general, Ft. Hood's CID. He's at the top of the food chain. Along with III CORPS Commander Lieutenant General (3 Star) Pat White, who's responsible for all of Ft. Hood. Hope that explains it some.

Thanks for this clarifying post and all the others in this case. I wasn’t sure that Patton was a 5-star, so I went and looked it up — was quite surprised.

These are the 9 general officers who have earned five stars

Not strictly relevant, but interesting, IMO.

From the attached article:
When Guillen arrived at work, Robinson was already inside the armory room working. Guillen reportedly spotted photos of Aguilar on his phone and confronted him about having an affair with someone married to a former soldier.
At that point, an argument ensued, and Robinson allegedly told Guillen that he wouldn’t let her ruin his military career. He then grabbed a hammer and bludgeoned her to death, Kwaham said, leaving blood all over the armory room.

The information in this article is cited as being shared by the family Atty Kwaham as related to her by the US Army Criminal Investigation Unit.

BREAKING: Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen bludgeoned dead with hammer in armory room, family lawyer says [EXCLUSIVE]
Where did the attorney get this information? Who told her this? Any reliable source? If they know all this then why hasn't it been confirmed it's Vanessa?:eek:o_O

What's your take on them finally suspecting foul play so late in the game? They should've seen evidence of blood in this room from the first day. JMO.
I don’t believe they suspected foul play late in the game, rather, I think they publicly stated that late in the game.

Its the same pattern I’ve seen in countless civilian cases, especially recently. That tip about the pelican case apparently came in early on, so I have no doubt they knew what this was, and who was involved.

But knowing it and proving it, are two very different things.

Thanks for this clarifying post and all the others in this case. I wasn’t sure that Patton was a 5-star, so I went and looked it up — was quite surprised.

These are the 9 general officers who have earned five stars

Not strictly relevant, but interesting, IMO.
Thanks. I told you I was rusty....Maybe it was during Patton reign that he was only 5. I really don't remember. This is the type of stuff they ask on boards when you're trying to get promoted. No need for me to study it now lol. Thanks again.

I don’t believe they suspected foul play late in the game, rather, I think they publicly stated that late in the game.

Its the same pattern I’ve seen in countless civilian cases, especially recently. That tip about the pelican case apparently came in early on, so I have no doubt they knew what this was, and who was involved.

I guess I don't see how it would've hurt the case of them publicly suspecting foul play from the get go. I'm just curious as to why they never used those words when asking for information.

And if they suspected it, then this guy should've been under a microscope if he was a POI from the beginning. JMO.

I agree. With that said though, if they believed it was him-- sign ins, etc, why was he not followed or detained? They had the remains much earlier in the day so unless he was evading them, he should have been monitored. Was the assumption that he would come in quietly? Was he tipped off by someone? How did he have access to a gun if he had been on their radar? Too many questions....
There’s still due process, even in the military. I do want to know what exactly went down that day though, and why they weren’t able to collar him before he was able to get wind of the discovery (likely through the media). I’ll bet he was following all of this very closely on his phone.

I would have liked nothing more than for him to spend the rest of his life in the brig, and his suicide is a huge disappointment.

I can’t imagine what the family is feeling, as there are questions only he can answer.

Last edited:
This is what I'm thinking as well......
From what I'm hearing, I believe investigators believe that any sexual harassment complaints were not related to Robinson.

Gonna have to word this carefully... Could Robinson have been asked to silence Vanessa by whoever called her in to work? I know, i know... it's a stretch but...

I guess I don't see how it would've hurt the case of them publicly suspecting foul play from the get go. I'm just curious as to why they never used those words when asking for information.

And if they suspected it, then this guy should've been under a microscope if he was a POI from the beginning. JMO.
It’s an incredibly standard protocol, at least in the civilian world. Not only will authorities not call the case of a missing person “foul play,” but they maintain this up until an arrest is made.

This isn’t true for every case, but I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen that. It allows law enforcement to investigate, while keeping people talking.

Robinson is not here to talk....It's as if he wasn't involved and just committed suicide out of the blue. It's odd he wasn't in custody. And like you said about the case, where would he be taking it if they were on a schedule and had no training going on? You can't just take stuff from the Arms Room for no reason, everything in it is basically considered a sensitive item, which the Company Commander is signed and responsible for. Why I said he had a lot of authority to just be an E4.

Seems to me that CID never acted to make that determination whether there was sufficient blood in the room after hammer bludgeoning and body dismemberment.

We know AR was witnessed carrying the tote to his vehicle. The idea that AR was free to walk around for a couple of months without (known) questioning is hard to take. I'm not familiar with the military means and methods but it seems they were slow to investigate and call foul play in VG's disappearance.

He should have never had a gun in his possession.

MOO

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing. But I guess that's where our minds go now after Jennifer, Kelsey, MacKenzie - etc. I almost think luminol should be first response when a missing person case happens - that's what they did for Jennifer.
JMO
Exactly. I'm not saying they had sufficient blood to act on, I'm saying it appears they never checked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
updownallaround