Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auditorium classrooms, shorter days and lots of plexiglass: Draft plan offers a peek into Detroit district’s return to school

Dutch school installs plexiglass in classrooms
IDK3MEIGMFKDDDNNQIMZV2CRJ4.jpg

Yes, and siblings have to share the same seat. Students will sit in exactly the same spot each time they use the bus.

Our schools are talking about having only half the students in the building at anytime. They'll have all their classes with a single teacher and will stay as a pod. They won't mingle with other kids at recess. I'm not sure how any of that will work, but the administrative leaders has a while to figure it out. I am assuming that the breakfast program will be cancelled.

Wow, @JerseyGirl, and @musicaljoke, sounds like you guys are really getting stuff done right. NJ and ON, right????? All the articles in our local papers are full of issues and questions of what to do, what to do...

I don't blame you for being upset. It's like someone walking into your house, vomiting all over the carpet, and walking back out leaving you to clean up their mess while they go back to their pristine house.

If nothing else, it's bad manners and just damn rude.
Yeah that's how a lot of us feel about the protests too. IMO there are many factors leading to increased cases.

NOT POLITICAL. But will go down like a lead balloon no doubt.. But with the lack of guidance and mixed messaging and whatnot.. ever rising cases in certain States it begs the question Where is the WHO? The outside officials who should by now, have stepped up and Urged the individual Governors to mandate masks for a time being, or to at least do something in order to save lives?? It just feels like there are a number of people in a good position, right now sitting off around the World and watching this tragedy unfold. And it is wrong on every level in my opinion X
Trump fired the WHO a few weeks ago. I think the world is sending a clear message to the US through travel bans though.

Coronavirus in SC: New record of daily Covid-19 cases on July Fourth

The State Dept. of Health and Environmental Control announced a record number of new cases of the coronavirus Saturday: 1,836 confirmed cases.

The previous record high occurred four days ago with 1,741 cases. There were 19 deaths reported, most of which occurred in the Midlands and Lowcountry.

Horry County led the state in new cases with 358. The coastal county and tourism hub has seen thousands of visitors descend on the Grand Strand beaches since reopening last month. Charleston County saw the second-highest number of cases at 345.

Greenville County saw 199 new cases of the virus and no deaths, the release said.

The percent positive – the number of cases that tested positive yesterday – was 19.7% out of 9,338 tests, according to the release. Percent positives have hovered between 15% and 20% for days, far higher than the nation's percent average of 7.5%, according to Johns Hopkins University.

NOT POLITICAL. But will go down like a lead balloon no doubt.. But with the lack of guidance and mixed messaging and whatnot.. ever rising cases in certain States it begs the question Where is the WHO? The outside officials who should by now, have stepped up and Urged the individual Governors to mandate masks for a time being, or to at least do something in order to save lives?? It just feels like there are a number of people in a good position, right now sitting off around the World and watching this tragedy unfold. And it is wrong on every level in my opinion X

Do you mean the CDC? Director Redfield reports to Azar, but was basically hand picked by Trump, so who knows

WHO is based under its own constitution, and based in Geneva. I think other countries are feeling pretty good about the leadership and support from WHO.

I have heard that the US is back into funding some. Even though Trump hates them.

Iowa numbers today: 567 or 568 (IMO) new confirmed cases and 1 more has passed away. We now have 30,922 or 30,923 (as of 11:00 a.m.) total confirmed cases of which 24,539 have recovered (news says 24,526 as of 10:00 a.m.). 721 total have passed away.
Iowa COVID-19 Information
Over 500 new cases of COVID-19 reported as holiday weekend begins
i'd love to have your numbers!!!

Today we have 11,378
and Orlando/Orange co. has over 1000 new ones.
Florida reports record-breaking 11,458 new COVID-19 cases, Orange County sees more than 1K new cases

The weird thing is every single governor has that right. All they have to do is issue an executive order.

I wish people would take more personal responsibility. Jmo

Can you even imagine what is going to be happening in large office buildings, with multiple floors, and tight tight elevators.... Are we going to have to exchange those like school buses???? Not in a lifetime...
Yes or work from home or do separate days from each other or have plexiglas cubicles.

Respectfully,
The only message other countries are sending to the United States is a practical one. It’s the same message we sent to other countries at the beginning of the pandemic. Areas that are being hard-hit need to stay isolated. Right now a lot of places in the US are being hard-hit. It is irresponsible to travel from a place where the Covid rate is hitting its high to a place where the Covid rate high has already passed. Countries have to make policies to protect themselves from people who are selfish enough to disregard the pandemic and the measures put into place to slow the spread.
This is no political message, it is common sense and civic responsibility. There is no politically judgmental message until people project their own ideology on to a worldwide public health issue.
MOO

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean the CDC? Director Redfield reports to Azar, but was basically hand picked by Trump, so who knows

WHO is based under its own constitution, and based in Geneva. I think other countries are feeling pretty good about the leadership and support from WHO.

I have heard that the US is back into funding some. Even though Trump hates them.
Yes but a pandemic is a global issue and not an American one. I thought the WHO earned wages for working on looking out for the Worlds Health. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brightshelby