Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd love to have your numbers!!!

Today we have 11,378
and Orlando/Orange co. has over 1000 new ones.
Florida reports record-breaking 11,458 new COVID-19 cases, Orange County sees more than 1K new cases
I saw that. I feel so bad for the state in general. But, IMO somedown there should be ashamed of themselves. Are these numbers all young people going to beaches and bars, etc.
IMO-It really is getting bad here again though. However, most of the cases I think are in the bigger counties.
Our governor really does think we are doing o.k. though. She doesn't understand that our numbers of 400-600+ plus per day are our bad numbers. IMO-she thinks we need to be 1,000+ per day. I looked back and our highest number was in the high 700's when we had the Tyson outbreak and we had 22 deaths one day. If Iowa had 1,000-3,000 cases per day the people of Iowa in general would not be very happy with her (some aren't now). Again all IMO. I guess I would expect states like Florida, California, and Texas to have higher numbers because of a larger population.Still, over 10,000 is nowhere near what I think should be your high numbers. What was your smallest numeber if you remember? Iowa was less than 10 daily in March up to less than 100.

Can you even imagine what is going to be happening in large office buildings, with multiple floors, and tight tight elevators.... Are we going to have to exchange those like school buses???? Not in a lifetime...
Try living in NYC in a large bldg ...waiting for an empty elevator now takes some serious planning.

We have a 94 yr old woman in our N. ON village after being denied a border crossing. She is a Canadian citizen, but had been living with her family in Florida for years. They are American. When the border closed, her family was allowed to go back to Florida, but she was not allowed entry into the US. (Imagine, 94 yrs old!) So, one of our local families adopted her, and she's enjoying life on our island. We are keeping her safe and treating her like a queen so that she doesn't get too sad and lonely.

Instead of her family worrying for her, she is worried about them.

I'm glad she is here, instead of in Florida. So sad for the people in Florida. :'(

I'm sorry and hope you will stay safe. I'm glad the convention is not going to be in NC (the original location).

I was JUST thinking about that today... I was thinking "damn. NC had to drop out on us" ha!
Such a beautiful precious baby in video :(

Ohio couple gets COVID-19, mother gives birth before dying of virus | NBC4 WCMH-TV

Cradling his baby, a Cleveland man sitting next to a picture of his wife said they had a great life together until they both fell ill with COVID-19.

Sierra Warith, 23, was pregnant with her second child when she and her husband, Ramath Mzpeh Warith, who works at the RTA, tested positive for the virus in May.

Mr. Warith says his wife, who suffered from chronic asthma, began to experience a sore throat and develop a fever so she went to a local hospital. He says their baby was delivered through C-section. Warith would not survive to meet her baby.
i get so mad....... but when I hear about the babies and young mom I just get so so sad....
when i get sad.... I always think of this post: wait to see the end! Bet you will cry just like me...every time!

Indiana, US

New deaths 6 between 6/11 and 7/3.

9.3% positive test rate.

My own county:
Positive cases 640
Deaths 44
Tests administered 7351

I added up the age brackets for 60s, 70s, and 80s plus.
They account for 28.7% of our positive cases statewide but 91.9% of deaths.

ISDH - Novel Coronavirus: Indiana COVID-19 Dashboard

Per rt live, we are up to 1.11

Indiana Rt

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I actually have no problem with the rally in SD. Their personal choice, after all. BUT 7000 going back to their neighborhoods having been unprotected at all is the problem.

I have no problem with the RNC, as long as it had stayed in NC.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a 94 yr old woman in our N. ON village after being denied a border crossing. She is a Canadian citizen, but had been living with her family in Florida for years. They are American. When the border closed, her family was allowed to go back to Florida, but she was not allowed entry into the US. (Imagine, 94 yrs old!) So, one of our local families adopted her, and she's enjoying life on our island. We are keeping her safe and treating her like a queen so that she doesn't get too sad and lonely.

Instead of her family worrying for her, she is worried about them.

I'm glad she is here, instead of in Florida. So sad for the people in Florida. :'(
That just sounds so sweet. And making her feel like a queen all the better.
I had a long-time friend in New England. When she was in late 80s-early 90s, I was, by this time, living in Florida, and I would bring her down for visits.
Her family was fine....but MY friends treated her like a queen too. I could SEE how she changed, perked up, acted younger.
She made the trips until her last year, she was 94.
Just tell her that a lot of your friends want to give her hugs!!! And mine from Florida!!

I think you're stuck with the RNC, unfortunately. I cannot envision a circumstance where DeSantis would say NO to Trump. No matter how bad covid gets in FL. jmo

Oh, I agree. Maybe less people will come.... a month IS a long time.
There is research saying we are facing a mutation where the virus is more virilant, but less severe .... with less hospitalization likely, convention goers won't be afraid.

Unless hospitalizations/deaths rise, and if they are more vulnerable by age like me!!!!

I actually have no problem with the rally in SD. Their personal choice, after all. BUT 7000 going back to their neighborhoods having been unprotected at all is the problem.

I have no problem with the RNC, as long as it had stayed in NC.
Presumably they are allowed to travel from their neighbourhood to the rally and back. In my area we have had no travel at all for 15 weeks only for essentials or exercise once per day.

I live in a small place too and we will be inundated with tourists in a couple of weeks. That's our reopening plans anyway. Are you still locked down where you are?

White House link for POTUS address today.

Salute to America | The White House

No. Lockdown ended some activities opening in April, and everything else through May. Very fast openings.

We have closed bars again. But some neighbors have told me there are sneaky things still going on out there. So what else is new.
Restaurants are jammed, and all hotels and motels reopened in May. So plenty of tourists. I see many different State plates than normal!!

I thought Real Estate was going to take a hit, but just the opposite here. There are so many out-of-staters buying properties sight unseen, that real estate is going crazy.

That is the problem actually. Honestly, DeSantis totally went against the CDC guidelines on how and when to open based on the statistics.
He force fed some statistics, and basically just went with the WhiteHouse plan.

This is disappointing.

WHO halts hydroxychloroquine, HIV drugs in COVID trials after failure to reduce death

GENEVA (Reuters) - The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Saturday that it was discontinuing its trials of the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine and combination HIV drug lopinavir/ritonavir in hospitalised patients with COVID-19 after they failed to reduce mortality.

The setback came as the WHO also reported more than 200,000 new cases globally of the disease for the first time in a single day. The United States accounted for 53,213 of the total 212,326 new cases recorded on Friday, the WHO said.

“These interim trial results show that hydroxychloroquine and lopinavir/ritonavir produce little or no reduction in the mortality of hospitalised COVID-19 patients when compared to standard of care. Solidarity trial investigators will interrupt the trials with immediate effect,” the WHO said in a statement, referring to large multicountry trials that the agency is leading.

There are many clues to Florida in the early days. IMO they’ve been a super hot spot since the beginning. Cruise ships also played a role, imo.
And the Governor, well you know...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article241640166.html

—-

This is disappointing.

WHO halts hydroxychloroquine, HIV drugs in COVID trials after failure to reduce death

GENEVA (Reuters) - The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Saturday that it was discontinuing its trials of the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine and combination HIV drug lopinavir/ritonavir in hospitalised patients with COVID-19 after they failed to reduce mortality.

The setback came as the WHO also reported more than 200,000 new cases globally of the disease for the first time in a single day. The United States accounted for 53,213 of the total 212,326 new cases recorded on Friday, the WHO said.

“These interim trial results show that hydroxychloroquine and lopinavir/ritonavir produce little or no reduction in the mortality of hospitalised COVID-19 patients when compared to standard of care. Solidarity trial investigators will interrupt the trials with immediate effect,” the WHO said in a statement, referring to large multicountry trials that the agency is leading.

This reminds me, I saw a video last night with a doctor discussing the recent report on H, let me find that.

Eta- see Elizabeth Cohen:

Last edited:
There are many clues to Florida in the early days. IMO they’ve been a super hot spot since the beginning. Cruise ships also played a role, imo.
And the Governor, well you know...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article241640166.html

—-

Thank you for reminding me. I saw a video with a doctor discussing the recent report on H, let me find that.
I think spring break set the tone for FL. They were messing up all the way back then. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dietzlyn