Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you draw a conclusion like that from a 26 second video, isn't that all we have? I have no idea what to think but you seem very certain about what kind of person he is. Do you know him personally?
We have so much more than that. We are permitted to speculate and decipher what information we both do and don't have.

Can you imagine if we find out Suzanne just took off? Maybe She told her daughters and she just up and left because she knew leaving Barry would be difficult and their church community might also make it difficult to leave. I mean she has family in Michigan. Maybe she just couldn't take it anymore. I dunno the woman just vanished and the bike makes no sense. The whole thing is off. Maybe this is just hopeful thinking.

That would be the best possible outcome! However looking at the Social media posts I see a Mom who adores her two daughters. No way she would up and leave them. As an aside looking at the pictures BM is in with her, her smile is more forced and tentative.

Have been having a look at the Salida webcams, might get lucky and spot something ..... looks like a lovely day there anyway.
These webcams are quite addictive, a bit like watching fish in a bowl, strangely interesting, haha

In case it hasn't been posted - or I missed through all that has been going on - the sheriff's press release:
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
July 9, 2020

It has been two months since Suzanne Morphew was reported missing in Chaffee County. In that time, investigators have followed-up on hundreds of tips and conducted a number of searches in an effort to locate Ms. Morphew, who was reported missing on Mother’s Day, May 10, 2020.

In addition to countless interviews conducted in the last two months, more than 600 tips have been called into a designated tip line, and many searches have been performed throughout the county.

On July 9, 2020, local, state, and federal investigators returned to search the Morphew property west of Salida to once again search the area for any additional information related to Ms. Morphew’s disappearance.

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis,” said Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze. “And until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”

The public is asked to continue to report any information about this case by calling (719) 312-7530.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office is being assisted by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in this missing person case.

To date, no arrests have been made, and Ms. Morphew has not been located.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office will release information related to the investigation as it becomes available.

There are no press conferences planned or interviews being provided by the Sheriff's Office at this time.

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****
Again, apologies if it has already been posted.

Why isn't she listed on FBI website as missing person?
A reporter for Denver channel 7 was asked that very question 2 days ago and replied:

Here’s what the FBI told me regarding this question: This is a local investigation, not a federal one, so #SuzanneMorphew is not listed on FBI's missing persons page (even though FBI is assisting). The FBI will only post a missing person if requested by local authorities. (1/3)

https://twitter.com/stephaniebutzer/status/1280651387785764865?s=21

Quick question: Whatever happened to TN? That dude seemed like a family spokesman when Suzanne first went missing. I get that he probably had a job and maybe a family of his own that he needed to get back to, but I wasn't ever able to verify if he ever made a statement as to why he would no longer be the "face" for the family.

Last edited by a moderator:

I recall this question not too long ago on another case and I think we learned that it's only required for missing children.

I believe it's also connected to adding a child's fingerprints to NCIC Missing Person file.

Otherwise, I think they act on the request of the local LE jurisdiction. This is my recollection, subject to change in policy.

Quick question: Whatever happened to TN? That dude seemed like a family spokesman when Suzanne first went missing. I get that he probably had a job and maybe a family of his own that he needed to get back to, but I wasn't ever able to verify if he ever made a statement as to why he would no longer be the "face" for the family.

You might want to take a look out there and see what they have to say. Nothing earth shattering, just an acknowledgement of how difficult all this has been. A tragedy.

I see this as Barry called Trevor and filled him in. Whether Barry was there when the bike was found, doesn’t really matter, he knew it had been. For some reason LE didn’t want the word out, but that wouldn’t work for Barry…the bike story had to be out there to make the other scenarios possible, mountain lion, abduction, hit by a car or just plain falling off and "getting into the water" as Barry suggested.

Otherwise we have a woman who just upped and disappeared from her house. Barry was in a spot…so he used Trevor. That s why he was ‘willing” to say something and he did go farther, he challenged them to talk about the condition of the bike. I think Barry planted the seed with Trevor that LE was screwing up and he wasn’t allowed to say anything or people would think him guilty.

In the end I do think we have a woman who just upped and disappeared from her house. No bike involved. I think it may have been Friday or Saturday night, with the help of her landscaper.

So...why do you think BM called his nephew and told the nephew what he told him? Did the nephew's plea for the public to "ask about the bike?" just come from a rambling conversation with BM or did BM ask the nephew to make that statement? The nephew then set up a crowd-sourced funding account.

Then the nephew said and did no more (and is no longer associated with the crowd-sourced funding account, IIRC).

I don't think Suzanne "just" up and disappeared (as though evaporating into thin air). Something happened to Suzanne.

I want to know what happened and where she is. But no one seems to want us, the public, to know much about what happened to Suzanne.

We were just discussing this a few hours ago. :)

BM's nephew TN went dark on May 17 -- same date BM's plea uploaded to the official Missing page he created.

Local reporter Lauren Scharf told us during her FB live Q&A that TN stopped answering emails, or any response via the very specific criteria he put forth to media during his initial contact to media on May 13 when he announced the no questions asked $100,000 reward by "the husband."

We also learned that after TN went dark, she attempted contact with several other family members and the only person willing to speak s publicly about the case was BM's Uncle Bob.

To my knowledge, the last comment by TN was a few weeks ago on the GET where he announced changes to the beneficiary and who to direct inquires to.

MassGuy explained it in post 121 of this thread.

His post:

Here’s what the FBI told me regarding this question: This is a local investigation, not a federal one, so #SuzanneMorphew is not listed on FBI's missing persons page (even though FBI is assisting). The FBI will only post a missing person if requested by local authorities. (1/3)

2/3) As of now, local authorities have not requested to have #SuzanneMorphew put on the FBI’s missing persons list. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen in the future. The FBI says there’s no specific reasoning why or malicious intent behind this — it’s an administrative thing.

3/3) According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, #SuzanneMorphew remains a missing person in Colorado and other national databases.

Previous story on why little info has been released to the public: bit.ly/3cPtH0i
https://twitter.com/stephaniebutzer/status/1280651387785764865?s=21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member