Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
no need for a press conference to ask for comment

OK, or if a reporter called him up. But the point is it would be highly unlikely for Clinton to “wish her well.” That is a totally inappropriate thing to say about someone who has been arrested for sex trafficking young girls, even if she had been a friend, and especially for a person with the power to commute or pardon. If Clinton is smart, and I believe he is, he would be noncommittal.

OK, or if a reporter called him up. But the point is it would be highly unlikely for Clinton to “wish her well.” That is a totally inappropriate thing to say about someone who has been arrested for sex trafficking young girls.

Totally inappropriate?? LOL ... JMO

What’s he going to say? I hope she goes to prison? Or she’s wrongly accused they should let her go? Only way to get out of saying anything is to say something polite.

Isn't his MO usually 'I don't know [insert person's name here]. Never met her." Then photos of him with said person comes out, and his response is, 'Don't remember meeting her, if we did, it was brief.' Denial denial denial - but GM gets the pardoner's well wishes.

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
12h

Ghislaine Maxwell's lawyers asked a federal judge for an order "prohibiting extrajudicial statements," i.e. a gag order, against prosecutors and attorneys for her accusers barring broad categories of comments about the case.

The 7-page letter by Maxwell's attorneys cites the press conference by SDNY U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss and press interviews by various attorneys. Doc here:

Maxwell 7 21 2020

Last edited:
  • Maxwell made the remarks in 2016 as part of a sealed deposition for her lawsuit against Virginia Roberts Giuffre
  • Now, the judge is deciding whether or not to make the secret documents public
  • Maxwell's attorneys are trying to fight it and say she only answered the 'intrusive' questions because she thought they'd remain secret
  • Her lawyers are also trying to gag the prosecutor in her criminal case
  • They say she has made prejudicial remarks that could taint a jury pool
  • Maxwell faces 53 years behind bars if convicted on child sex trafficking charges
  • Ghislaine Maxwell: Testimony about sex life may be released | Daily Mail Online

Official words:

Remarks by President Trump in Press Briefing | The White House

Q And my follow-up — my second question; it’s a little bit different topic, but it’s one that a lot of people are talking about. Ghislaine Maxwell is in prison, and so a lot of people want to know if she’s going to turn in powerful people. And I know you’ve talked in the past about Prince Andrew, and you’ve criticized Bill Clinton’s behavior. I’m wondering, do you feel that she’s going to turn in powerful men? How do you see that working out?

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t know. I haven’t really been following it too much. I just wish her well, frankly. I’ve met her numerous times over the years, especially since I lived in Palm Beach and I guess they lived in Palm Beach. But I wish her well, whatever it is. I don’t know the situation with Prince Andrew. I just don’t know. I’m not aware of it.

Official words:

Remarks by President Trump in Press Briefing | The White House

Q And my follow-up — my second question; it’s a little bit different topic, but it’s one that a lot of people are talking about. Ghislaine Maxwell is in prison, and so a lot of people want to know if she’s going to turn in powerful people. And I know you’ve talked in the past about Prince Andrew, and you’ve criticized Bill Clinton’s behavior. I’m wondering, do you feel that she’s going to turn in powerful men? How do you see that working out?

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t know. I haven’t really been following it too much. I just wish her well, frankly. I’ve met her numerous times over the years, especially since I lived in Palm Beach and I guess they lived in Palm Beach. But I wish her well, whatever it is. I don’t know the situation with Prince Andrew. I just don’t know. I’m not aware of it.

Why didn't the reporter quote Trump on PA? via Daily Mail: "The island was a cesspool, just ask Prince Andrew about it."

I still can't get over how he didn't just dismiss her, with something like, 'Well, I didn't know, ran into her at a few parties, like you do everybody else.' But no, it's why, back in the day, when we both lived in the hood...

Everyone likes to pick on Trump but it is Bill Clinton who went to Epstein's island many many times .... all documented by the aircraft pilots who are required to log passenger lists and number of souls on board.

As far as Trump he would not let Epstein back to Mar-A- Lago after one visit .

TRIVIA: .... the term "souls on board" is an aviation term meaning live people (passengers & crew) .... to differentiate from "people on board" .... because airlines are always transporting coffins of deceased people in the cargo hold ..... in the event of a crash this information becomes important.

Information you didn't ask for .... but I told you anyway ... :)

Everyone likes to pick on Trump but it is Bill Clinton who went to Epstein's island many many times .... all documented by the aircraft pilots who are required to log passenger lists and number of souls on board.

But whatever his possible past deeds, Bill Clinton is no longer President. He does not have the power to commute her sentence or pardon her in order to potentially prevent her from revealing damaging information...and send her a signal to warn or reassure her. Trump does. Trump is the one who wished her well.

So in the context of what Trump said yesterday, Bill Clinton is OT, whatever opinion of him one may have.
JMO

TRIVIA: .... the term "souls on board" is an aviation term meaning live people (passengers & crew) .... to differentiate from "people on board" .... because airlines are always transporting coffins of deceased people in the cargo hold ..... in the event of a crash this information becomes important.

Nobody is picking on Trump; he talks out of both sides of his mouth. Has BC made contradictory statements about his interactions with JE and GM?

The assertion that Trump wouldn't let JE back to M-A-L after one visit is fake news. If you have time, read this Washington Post piece on their relationship.

Not going to defend Bill C and his relationship with JE but the bolded claim is very much in dispute as per multiple MSM sources. Here’s one:

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeffrey-epstein-and-trump-mar-a-lago-resort-connections#epstein-was-rarely-caught-on-camera-but-was-captured-partying-at-mar-a-lago-with-trump-twice-1

Since Epstein's arrest in June on federal charges of sex trafficking and conspiracy, Trump has worked to distance himself from the convicted sex offender. In a sharp contrast from his 2002 comments, in which the president said he'd known Epstein for 15 years and thought he was a "terrific guy," Trump now says he "wasn't a fan" and had a falling-out with the financier some time around 2004.

Read more: Jeffrey Epstein: Trump once praised financier charged with sex trafficking minors for liking women 'on the younger side'

But before that falling-out, Epstein was a guest more than once at Trump's "Southern White House," and according to one of his most prominent victims, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, Epstein used the resort to recruit her
into his sex-trafficking operation.

Nobody is picking on Trump; he talks out of both sides of his mouth. Has BC made contradictory statements about his interactions with JE and GM?

The assertion that Trump wouldn't let JE back to M-A-L after one visit is fake news. If you have time, read this Washington Post piece on their relationship.

Yes ,thank you ... I had read that article when it came out last year and here is what stood out for me (thus my comments)

(QUOTE)... Trump also appears to have been helpful to Epstein’s accusers.

Brad Edwards, an attorney for some of the alleged victims, said in an interview last year that when he was seeking information from Epstein’s acquaintances in 2009, Trump was “the only person who picked up the phone and said: ‘Let’s just talk. I’ll give you as much time as you want. I’ll tell you what you need to know.’ ”

Edwards declined to say what Trump told him but said he was “very helpful in the information that he gave.”

When Nunberg looked into Trump’s ties with Epstein, he said that Trump’s longtime secretary, Rhona Graff, and others in the Trump Organization all agreed that Trump had made a clear break with Epstein.
.... (END QUOTE)

Anyway , I am not trying to defend Trump per say but all the news seems focused on him and very few others than maybe prince Andrew .... and yes , Trump liked younger women but 14 year old children ???? .... I dont think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea