Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Suzanne was isolated by whatever reason (not only covid). I really am curious what the family dynamics where before she went missing. Jmo

I doubt that it was personal against Suzanne, but I think she may not have had the closeness with her friends that she once had. I do feel that her world needed to revolve around BM. Others may not have been able to enjoy his company. And he may have been less than encouraging for her to have close friends. JMO

As for her relationship with siblings, it's not at all uncommon for siblings to grow apart as time goes by. Especially if there is a brother-in-law or sister-in-law that rubs them the wrong way. Don't ask me how I know. JMO

However, even if unable to enjoy a closeness with Suzanne, I don't doubt that she had family, best friends who held her dear to their hearts.

I have to disagree. A "best friend" doesn't wait to run into you at Walmart to see how you are doing. You are texting and calling..especially if you have daughters the same age.
She also said "there's not a day that goes by where I don't look her name up to see if anything new has come up" ... if they were close friends she would be in contact with the family and in the know....not waiting to get info like we all are. Of course I could be way of base. jmo

Hmm. Lots of friends of missing persons have been left in the dark once husband/partner became a suspect. Suddenly, communication stops. Especially if the missing person’s relatives have been cut off from communication with the significant other.

Regardless, I was responding to a poster who indicated none of her friends have talked about her. They have.

Context is often everything.

If a person were to claim he had been cleared by LE, and then in succession, LE made a statement that no one has been cleared, I'd see that as a very telling public notice.

We've cleared no one; therefore, someone claiming to be cleared, hasn't been. Carry on.

JMO

Sorry to be picky, but if you read the article very carefully, it is quoting three different friends, and there is a separation of quotes.
The fellow cancer survivor apparently declined to be identified, and saw BM only once. She spoke of SM in the past tense. Quite frankly, it is doubtful there is a full range cancer treatment facility in Chaffee county.

The second person interviewed was AM, a childhood friend, who had not seen SM in a year but very definitely used the present tense to describe her.

The third interviewee was KW, who met SM at the gym, and whose daughter plays volleyball. She states that she observed SM and BM often working out together, at the gym in Salida. She spoke of events which had happened in the past tense, but didn't directly refer to SM being in the past tense now.

I think, that as with everything else in this case, there isn't a unanimous opinion on anything being expressed.

IMO

“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado

This was discussed a few threads ago and someone requested clarification from Lauren. “They” being observed at the gym was meant as her and her daughter. Not her and BM.

Anyone else remember where LS clarified that question? She also clarified the time as 11:30 p.m. for the noise heard near the build site.

It would be extremely improbable that LE would announce:
"Investigators searched several locations on the property; however, they were unable to make any connection to Suzanne Morphew’s case at this time"
if they were awaiting evidence testing which might indicate a connection to this case.
The behavior of LE in this case is certainly not open, but maintaining a high level of public faith in their honesty and integrity is always a priority of any LE. It's just common sense that LE can't do that by blatantly lying to the public. IMO

May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff
Hi, @Dave F. I’m going to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I think it would be poor judgement on the part of LE to say they found something that was or might be connected to the case without further forensic analysis. “We found a tooth! It might be SM’s!”
How awful would that be?

Stop making such good points I might have to claim you as my best friend. :D
aww - i like exploring the possibilities surrounding her disappearance - and one thing we have missed until now - is what is SM like? I think we may know her a bit better now IMO plus - she loves cooking with her girls during this awful time. I can't help but like her for that alone and feel even worse that she likely won't be cooking with them ever again...sigh.

JMO

Last edited:
Four hours later they updated the article, I guess you missed it...

"Correction: An earlier version of this story stated investigators are searching the home. While the house is cordoned off, authorities would not confirm whether it is being searched."

Search warrants need to be signed off on. They may take some time.

I didn't miss it. The new language doesn't say anything different about the situation to me. Basically, homeowner is barred from entry to his own home even though a search warrant hasn't yet been issued. Its new information to me that such is possible. I would have thought that until the warrant is signed, sealed, and delivered LE cannot do that.

I didn't miss it. The new language doesn't say anything different about the situation to me. Basically, homeowner is barred from entry to his own home even though a search warrant hasn't yet been issued. Its new information to me that such is possible. I would have thought that until the warrant is signed, sealed, and delivered LE cannot do that.
That is precisely why they can do that. They hold the premises as they try to determine if a crime has been committed and to prevent the destruction of evidence.

This was discussed a few threads ago and someone requested clarification from Lauren. “They” being observed at the gym was meant as her and her daughter. Not her and BM.

Anyone else remember where LS clarified that question? She also clarified the time as 11:30 p.m. for the noise heard near the build site.
Yes - very likely our @Seattle1 may have the link or it could have been her answering questions during FB live? It's somewhere in the last thread or prior one I think?
JMO

Morphew’s Facebook page indicates that she has daughters, though it is unclear if she is currently living with anyone
----
They gathered 100 people that night with tracking dogs in a town with a population of 135 - so what all agencies and people were involved I wonder? And interesting - Ellen's last sentence BBM - wonder what made her say that?
^^sbbm

Adding context to Ellen's statement. At the time of this report, when asked directly, nephew TN would not confirm if SM had children or if she lived with anyone. Reporters were left with their assumptions from fb accounts.

ETA: Not confirming the above was also the same time that TN was referring to BM only as "the husband" and SM as his aunt.

Last edited:
I just had a thought about the neighbor to the construction site and what she heard. I don't know the terrain around there, but tractor trailers with or without a load, and air brakes can make enormous rumbly sounds when starting up. I don't know if a semi is allowed to travel those roads, but one of those could explain noise loud enough to wake someone who may be in the upper portion of the sleep cycle. It may have stopped for whatever reason and what she heard was it starting up, changing gears and the noise stopped when the truck was gone. I can understand someone assuming that what they heard was the equipment from the construction site. There've been times our local Waste Management services trucks and holy cow - fire trucks without the sirens on - sound enormous and lumbering and the windows shake.

ETA: I just creeped myself out remembering the sights and sounds of the big old evil truck in the original move Duel (Steven Spielberg directed) with Dennis Weaver. That movie made such an impact.

Yes - very likely our @Seattle1 may have the link or it could have been her answering questions during FB live? It's somewhere in the last thread or prior one I think?
JMO
Can’t believe I missed this either. So again we have someone stating they see SM with her daughters but not BM (chemotherapy, gym). IIRC, at the beginning of the investigation, there was an article stating both her and her husband used to work out together.
Gives you the impression maybe something had changed between BM and SM.
MOO

P.S.
Found it at the bottom of the Dailymail article:

Police discover 'personal item' in the search for missing Colorado mom-of-two | Daily Mail Online

“Another stated: 'Hoping she is located quickly. I've seen her and her husband at the gym. They're wonderful people.'”

Which can be interpreted as ‘they had seen them separately at the gym. Not working out together at the same time.‘

Last edited:
^^sbbm

Adding context to Ellen's statement. At the time of this report, when asked directly, nephew TN would not confirm if SM had children or if she lived with anyone. Reporters were left with their assumptions from fb accounts.
IMO, that is just so strange. He contacted so many news stations but does not relay this fact? Why hide the fact she has a husband and children?

I always thought the Sheriff's comment about hoping BM would continue to cooperate was tongue-in-cheek. It would be odd to kind of make a joke a that time, but it would be worse than odd to drop a little bomb publicly. A bomb as in, we hope he continues to work with us because we think he killed her. I can't imagine he'd do a foot-in-mouth like that, so for me anyway, it's preferable to think he was trying to be light. If he did say that in all seriousness, he had to know people would jump on that as an admission of BM being the suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ