Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the same re my allegy cough. Just scared it's going to happen when I'm out and scare people.
I've been making sure I take an antihistamine before I go out.
I’m lucky with booster shots and maintenance meds - I’m only experiencing seasonal allergies (fall and spring). Started shots when I was in elementary school.

It used to be USAMRID but they been effectively dismissed. They were at the forefront for Ebola... look at the movie ‘Outbreak’
CDC Shuts Down Army Lab’s Disease Research

Research on dangerous pathogens has been suspended at an Army lab at Fort Detrick in Maryland after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found biosafety lapses there, the Frederick News-Post reported August 2. A spokesperson for the US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) tells the newspaper that no disease-causing materials have been found outside authorized areas at the site.

Research on dangerous pathogens has been suspended at an Army lab at Fort Detrick in Maryland after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found biosafety lapses there, the Frederick News-Post reported August 2. A spokesperson for the US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) tells the newspaper that no disease-causing materials have been found outside authorized areas at the site.

I read this too ... after Tony said that. But it is from April 2019. It is now July 2020 (well, just started August 2020 here).

Are the labs still closed? If not, can they not be used to assist with the backlog of testing? And if they are still closed, the facilities are there, can they not be opened up?

Rhetorical questions really. I can't find anything further about the labs being re-opened since then. I just am trying to understand why the labs and medico personnel would not be utilised to assist with the backlog, speed up the test results. At least in the handful of states where the labs are located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname