Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping a legal-wise sleuth-er can help me understand. With these conspiracy charges moving forward, won't that affect possible murder charges? Will the charge of murder override the other charges? Sorry if this has been discussed. With tomorrow upon us, I was just hoping murder charges would be here already, before the prelim. I am kinda freakin out, fearing Chad will soon be a free man.

I am hoping a legal-wise sleuth-er can help me understand. With these conspiracy charges moving forward, won't that affect possible murder charges? Will the charge of murder override the other charges? Sorry if this has been discussed. With tomorrow upon us, I was just hoping murder charges would be here already, before the prelim. I am kinda freakin out, fearing Chad will soon be a free man.
LE found dead bodies on his property.
Children at that. He’s not going anywhere.

It won't affect potential murder charges. His current charges are in relation to disposal of their remains, not their murders. I don't see him being free anytime soon. Jmo

This article has the wording from the affidavit about the neighbour.

Documents detail horrific manner JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan were found in Chad Daybell's yard | East Idaho News

<snipped for focus>

That same day, the FBI found the following text message conversation between Chad and his wife, Tammy Daybell:

Chad to Tammy at 11:53 a.m.: Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big raccoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!

I love how we keep coming back to the raccoon. I think it’s because Chad’s text to Tammy is one of the few tangible bits of information we have directly from one of the perpetrators in relation to their crimes—even though the information itself is completely fabricated.

For some reason, I’ve always been stuck on Chad specifying that “one shot did the trick.” Why? I keep thinking that this is because NO shots were fired. This theory is all MOO, and based on nothing but what my gut says about the language in his text.

Chad invented the raccoon to explain why the pet cemetery was freshly disturbed. He talked about burning the limb debris to explain why he had burned something that day. So why did he specify that he killed the raccoon in one shot if, in fact, a gunshot could have been heard by neighbors that day?

If there had been a gunshot that day, the specific number doesn’t matter if Tammy spoke with the neighbors later. Chad would have anticipated that if someone had said to Tammy, “Hey, I heard a gunshot/gunshots from your property the other day,” she likely would have responded, “Oh yeah, Chad shot a raccoon that he saw walking on the fence.” Basically, if there had been ANY shots, Chad would not have anticipated needing to verify the number of shots; any number would have been believable.

IMO, the single shot only matters if there was no gunshot to hear. Chad invented the raccoon encounter to explain the disturbance in the pet cemetery. Since Chad thought he needed a dead raccoon for his story, he also needed a believable cause of death for the raccoon. Based on the previous story regarding shooting a raccoon during the day on his property, we can infer that Chad thought that both shooting the raccoon would be believable to family and neighbors, and that the neighbors would potentially be home during the day to hear gunshots.

Specifying one shot makes sense if Chad was anticipating that, if Tammy told the latest raccoon story to a neighbor, the neighbor might say, “That’s funny. I was home all day, and I didn’t hear anything.” To which, based on Chad’s text, Tammy could respond, “You may have missed it. He got it with one shot.”

And, yes, I know that liars often add too many details to their stories, because they think that it make them more believable. But every time I read that text, my gut says that Chad felt the “one gunshot did the trick” part was important information to provide Tammy.

Monday, August 3rd:
*Preliminary Hearing (Day 1 of 2) (re all charges) (@ 9am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen 9/23/19 & Tylee on 9/8/19, Rexburg; found 6/9/20 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – only for *Chad Guy Daybell (51) arrested & charged (6/9/20) with 2 felony counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence & concealing remains. Plead not guilty. $1M bond.
*Charged (7/1/20) with 2 felony counts of conspiracy to commit concealment, destruction or alteration of evidence. Bond stays at $1M.
Court info from 6/10/20 thru 7/17/20 reference post #585 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

7/22/20 Update: A motion hearing is now scheduled to hear argument from Rob Wood about having no video cameras for the preliminary hearings set for August 3rd & 4th. Last week Wood asked Judge Faren Eddins to change his order governing courtroom conduct. Hearing is on 7/27/20 at 2:30pm.
7/24/20 Update The court has granted permission to Post Register to photograph (not video/audio record or broadcast) LVD's preliminary hearing on 8/10 & 8/11; and J. Prior has responded to the prosecutor's motion (for court's reconsideration regarding video coverage of CD's preliminary hearing on 8/3 & 8/4), with no objection to court's decision to allow video coverage. 7/24/20 Update: On Friday, East Idaho News jointly hired Idaho Falls attorney Steve Wright to object to the motion. Other media outlets participating include the Post Register, KIFI Local News 8, KPVI NewsChannel 6, The Idaho Statesman, KIVI Idaho News 6, KSLTV5, Court TV & NBC News.
7/27/20 Update: DECISION: Judge Eddins rules that Daybell & Vallow’s preliminary hearings in high profile case will be broadcast/live streamed to the public & hearings will be in person. One media outlet for video, One outlet for photo. Rob Wood motion to reconsider is denied. Order: Conflict of Interest: "Sealed hearings were held regarding a potential attorney conflict of interest. The Court listened carefully to the oral arguments and thoroughly reviewed documents submitted by the State and counsel for the Defendant. After exhaustive analysis, the Court finds that any conflict of interest has been adequately waived for the current proceedings. This case can proceed forward with current counsel." It is so Ordered. CourtTV will be broadcast hearing.
*Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 47) – Pretrial conference hearing for Madison County on 1/4/21 & trial set for 1/25/21; preliminary hearings for Fremont County on 8/10 & 8/11; guardianship hearing on 9/30.

I love how we keep coming back to the raccoon. I think it’s because Chad’s text to Tammy is one of the few tangible bits of information we have directly from one of the perpetrators in relation to their crimes—even though the information itself is completely fabricated.

For some reason, I’ve always been stuck on Chad specifying that “one shot did the trick.” Why? I keep thinking that this is because NO shots were fired. This theory is all MOO, and based on nothing but what my gut says about the language in his text.

Chad invented the raccoon to explain why the pet cemetery was freshly disturbed. He talked about burning the limb debris to explain why he had burned something that day. So why did he specify that he killed the raccoon in one shot if, in fact, a gunshot could have been heard by neighbors that day?

If there had been a gunshot that day, the specific number doesn’t matter if Tammy spoke with the neighbors later. Chad would have anticipated that if someone had said to Tammy, “Hey, I heard a gunshot/gunshots from your property the other day,” she likely would have responded, “Oh yeah, Chad shot a raccoon that he saw walking on the fence.” Basically, if there had been ANY shots, Chad would not have anticipated needing to verify the number of shots; any number would have been believable.

IMO, the single shot only matters if there was no gunshot to hear. Chad invented the raccoon encounter to explain the disturbance in the pet cemetery. Since Chad thought he needed a dead raccoon for his story, he also needed a believable cause of death for the raccoon. Based on the previous story regarding shooting a raccoon during the day on his property, we can infer that Chad thought that both shooting the raccoon would be believable to family and neighbors, and that the neighbors would potentially be home during the day to hear gunshots.

Specifying one shot makes sense if Chad was anticipating that, if Tammy told the latest raccoon story to a neighbor, the neighbor might say, “That’s funny. I was home all day, and I didn’t hear anything.” To which, based on Chad’s text, Tammy could respond, “You may have missed it. He got it with one shot.”

And, yes, I know that liars often add too many details to their stories, because they think that it make them more believable. But every time I read that text, my gut says that Chad felt the “one gunshot did the trick” part was important information to provide Tammy.
Are Americans allowed to just kill native species? Because they are walkin along a fence?

RSBM Chad specifying that “one shot did the trick.” Why? I keep thinking that this is because NO shots were fired. RSBM And, yes, I know that liars often add too many details to their stories, because they think that it make them more believable. But every time I read that text, my gut says that Chad felt the “one gunshot did the trick” part was important information to provide Tammy.

Agree that liars bring in a little of the truth, and perhaps could be speaking to a "shot of potassium chloride" or ? to give a heart attack/kill? I do hope that pathologist looked all over those dead bodies for microscopic needlemarks. Or could "shot" be a swig of "medicine" that really wasn't medicine? Still bugs me too, and perhaps we will learn someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500