Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

"If the other parent doesn't obey a court order, you can file a form with the court called a Motion for Contempt. This Motion asks the court to hold a hearing where the other parent will have to explain why they aren't following the court order(s)"

ctlawhelp.org

A brief description of the Motion for Contempt: Your old case is reopened and a Motion for Contempt is filed. The Motion is a request to the court to force someone to comply with the terms of a previous court order – such as the payment of child support.

hg.org

In my opinion...
The Brandon/ Melanie divorce, custody, drive by shooting saga will play front and center when it's Lori's pre trial...I still think Melanie knew a lot of this stuff in Rexburg with just literally being there.

We know cell phones in jails and prisons are not allowed but just the other day I saw the news about the prison riot in Georgia. It sounded like some prisoners live streamed some portions of it with phones. I guess some phones are snuck in occasionally.

"Late Saturday night, multiple Facebook Live videos went out from men purporting to be inmates at the prison."

South Georgia prison on lockdown after riot

I hate thinking that, too, but I've wondered about it given the charges. But, too many people have died, including the two former spouses, and even if they can't pin the childrens' murders on LV and CD, certainly they can pin at least TD's murder on CD?

It's so convenient that Alex died. Way too convenient. Unless someone in that inner circle cracks, like Melaniece or Zulu, Alex might go down for all the murders.

But certainly, there could be an accessory to murder charge, right? If CD gets out in five years, he's going to come out to a different world where no one respects him.
All things considered, if he only get 5 years he may end up getting some jailhouse justice J Epstein style. Chopping up and burning defenseless children so you can bone their mother isnt gonna win him any freinds in prison.

As I was catching up on the last 15 pages, I started to wonder if Colby would be called at Lori's hearing. Then I remembered something about Colby texting Tylee and getting weird responses. So I went looking for that info, and found it on Annie Cushing's site.

'Tylee' was responding to Colby's texts all the way until late October, as well as VenMo'ing him money.

I hope Colby is called, as that info would make for compelling testimony. 'Someone' with Tylee's phone texting as Tylee up until nearly two months after her death, to convince someone who was very concerned about her welfare that she was still alive. I haven't read the statute, but to me it seems that "conspiracy to conceal a body" would include "masquerading as the dead person to convince others they were alive and well."

The other thing I came across that was like a slap in the face is that Tylee's birthday was September 24th. JJ was presumably buried on the 23rd. Seeing those dates next to each other is...something.

I don't have kids, but I have a niece and nephew who I love dearly, more than I ever expected to be capable of loving a child who isn't mine. The idea of a mother murdering two of her children, and burying the last one the day before the other's birthday boggles my mind. I know I keep saying it, but Lori is a monster. It just continues to shock me as I realize new depths of her depravity.

Yes, those dates seem to have some significance in light of what we might know now. That Tylee would come into money ???discussed on threads but not verified??? upon the trust from Ryan at a certain age.

I'm on the fence if I would think best for CR to be 1) in the gallery with Kay and Larry and not have to testify right now waiting until really needed at trial, 2) testifying at the prelim and staring at his mother as he did on zoom 3) or not being there at all at the prelim.

I wish I knew which was best for CR.. and I hope that whatever he decides/does is best, considering, for his mental health.

I do hope he has had much guidance from professional mental health folks and the prosecution and Larry/Kay are supportive of such.

((CR))

Yes, agree, he will be needed at trial for testimony.

I assumed it was something more like ‘if you didn’t like each other, how is it you think you knew anything about Tylee?’

I was interested because it suggested to me that some time after Tylee called the Internet link Charles sent her ‘weird’, Tylee may have looked deeper into what was going on around Lori and all these weird podcast people, which might have been why she had to go.
What puzzles me is Tylees demeanor with the police after the CV homocide. She seemed to be supportering her moms version of the events and unphased by what had transpired. Im curious if something changed between then and sept, and what it was.

I considered that, too. It almost seems like a setup, like maybe Lori rolled on Chad, and she agreed to call him at that exact moment. I don't know their jail-call rules, but it seems like a strange coincidence. Chad also seemed to sense something a bit wrong with it, which may be why he didn't say much.

It would explain Prior's attitude of seeming to throw Lori under the bus. Perhaps, Lori threw Chad under the bus first.

JMOO of course.
If that were true, Lori would have had to know, as would LE with whom she spoke, at what time approximately they would uncover at least one of the bodies. She would have had to know precisely how long it would take for initial entry, establishing sites of interest, and early excavation of "Burial Site 1" to find the human remains which all happened before 11:00. MOO: She didn't know because LE and FBI didn't know.

Maybe Lori was calling Chad at the same hour every day. The call started at 11:03am.
This is possible. It is also possible that Chad attempted to call her, or asked Means to have her call.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe they've been allowed to speak to each other since Chad was arrested. MOO.
I agree with this.

Transcript of Lori Daybell's call to Chad Daybell on day of children's discovery. This transcript is more along the lines of what I hear when I listen to the call between CD and LV as they were discovering the bodies of the children. He says no to prayer. I wonder how long between the hang up and him bolting?
He left the house some time between the call 11:03 call (ended 11:06-ish Transcript of Lori Daybell's call to Chad Daybell on day of children's discovery) and being arrested 1.7 miles down the road outside of the roadblock toward Rexburg but still in Salem just before 11:30 (Chad Daybell arrested, booked into jail | East Idaho News).

I'm sorry to prolong the raccoon controversy, but I thought I'd add my thoughts on it. MOO, but the raccoon was just an attempt at a believable cover story to explain to Tammy why there was disturbed ground. I've read a lot of people, in a lot of places, questioning why one would shoot a raccoon that was just walking around in the day, but:

1) there's a common perception that only sick/rabid raccoons come out during the day, as they are primarily nocturnal animals (really, though, there can be other reasons that they might be out during daylight), and
2) raccoons can be major pests on a farm or homestead or anywhere, really. Tammy had ducks. Raccoons can harass or kill ducks, or steal their eggs or eat their feed.

I can imagine that maybe Chad and Tammy had previously had the "ugh, raccoons are getting in the duck coop" conversation before, and thus, this text message both proves him heroic to his duck-keeping wife and provides an explanation for a grave-like area in the pet cemetery. And yes, if my husband shot a raccoon on our farm, he'd probably haul it out to the woods to decay. BUT, if he shot a raccoon on the Daybells' 4 acres, what else do you do with a dead critter to keep other critters from flocking to the carcass, but bury it?

All MOO and no, it still doesn't explain why Prior was so fixated on this fictional trash panda.
It's a flawed theory he's trying to promote. See below.

LOL, fictional trash panda. I prefer miracle raccoon.

I think that Prior's point was Chad wasn't lying in his text to Tammy concerning the raccoon, i.e., killing one and burying it in the gigantic pet cemetery.
I agree. I think Prior was trying to prove CD didn't lie about the raccoon being buried on the property. I have no doubt a raccoon may still buried on the property because of a prior (no pun intended) claim that CD shot one out of a tree.

The defense argument implies the intent of the June 9-10 search was to find the children's bodies under the assumption that CD lied about the raccoon, and the argument attempts to exonerate CD by: if TR was buried there and a raccoon is also buried on the property then AC concealed the remains of TR on his own. His argument seemed to be that: as no raccoon was found, LE will say CD lied to cover his own involvement in the activities. So if CD didn't lie about shooting and burying the raccoon, it should still be in the ground, and LE didn't even look for it. It is an argument that there exists a witch hunt or CD was framed. The argument implies that someone, possibly AC, could have planted the remains of the children there to frame CD. Such argument negates the fact that if there is a raccoon still buried there it could be from the previous (July 2019) account where CD shot one from out of a tree. Whether said raccoon carcass still exists (from July 2019) and even if a second one exists to prove CD buried it on 9/9/2019, it doesn't matter.

That argument will fail. Human remains belonging to JJ and TR were buried on CD's property. TR was last seen on 9/8/2019. AC was on the property on 9/9/2019. The reason that the validity and location of any alleged raccoon carcass doesn't matter is that the day and time CD claimed to have buried it was the same day and time that the phone pings for the device belonging to AC was also on the property in the same vicinity for a substantial length of time (with ping resolution of appx. 4 meters). Prior will have a very hard time convincing a jury that two men just happened to be working in the yard burning limb debris and burying a raccoon in close proximity (if even greater than 4 meters apart or even 15 meters) of each other without the knowledge of what the other was doing. Have you seen the property? There is one tree by the pond area, and another 80 feet from the pet cemetery, the rest of the property was relatively free of vegetation that could obscure the activities of the two men.

Lets review the facts:
AC's device on the property for 2.5 hours ending at 11:39 a.m. Testimony from LE was that the pings were accurate to 4 meters (13 feet).
CD said he burned limb debris, shot a raccoon, and buried it the "pet cemetery" and completed the task by 11:53 a.m. such that 3 minutes later he needed a shower ostensibly because of the labor involved in the yard work.
The "pet cemetery" is noted by the location of a ceramic dog statue, placed in memory of a dog that is buried nearby.
Satellite imagery shows the 4' x 3' area of disturbed ground very near the location of the known "pet cemetery".
Testimony during the preliminary hearing was that the hole wherein the green bucket and remains was found was approximately 2 feet deep.

Such fanciful argument is an attempt to convince a jury that AC snuck TR's remains onsite, burned/dismembered her onsite, dug a 4' x 3' wide hole 2-3 feet deep or assisted CD in digging it, placed said remains into a 2' - 3' deep hole in the open area by the "pet cemetery", covered the remains with bricks, placed a dead dog and cat nearly over the remains, and filled in the hole all while CD didn't know AC was there while he himself was elsewhere on the property but near enough to still be considered within the area of the pet cemetery so he wasn't lying to his wife.

OR
If CD knew AC was there and assisting with the burning and digging, AC was quick enough to burn/dismember and bury TR's remains without CD knowing or consenting. Right. Maybe if while AC was assisting CD with the yard work, random miracle raccoon appears just in time for CD to get distracted, shoot it, and bury it elsewhere on the property so he's too far away to see what AC is doing. While CD is doing that, AC sneaks TR's remains into the fire and subsequently the ground.

Either way if the miracle raccoon exists, CD lied about burying the raccoon in the "pet cemetery" as it wasn't in the "pet cemetery". He lied about "I've had an interesting morning. I...I...I" when in fact it should have been "We've had...we" or "Alex and I've had..." and explain who Alex is...without acknowledging Lori to Tammy.

OR (even less likely)
AC planted his phone on CD's body before CD went about burning debris, shooting the miracle raccoon, burying it in the pet cemetery and texting TD at 11:53, while AC snuck in, burned and buried TR's remains and removed the raccoon and stole back the phone all without CD seeing, took it to Del Taco and then on to his own home.

There's no way AC was there without CD knowing/consenting. CD's admission of the "limbs" and raccoon in the pet cemetery and AC's phone pings are the perfect combination for at least conspiracy of felony concealment.

That doesn't even consider the issue of JJ in "Burial Site 1" on September 23rd. If CD wasn't involved, AC was at CD's for twenty minutes and was able to without any assistance from CD dig a four foot hole deep enough to bury a seven-year-old, cover with paneling and stones and bury the hole...in twenty minutes. Forget doing so without assistance. Forget doing so without consent. If that's what happened, AC is the fastest hole-digger I've ever heard of. He should have hired himself out as a digger in Sugar City, Home of the Diggers (Sugar Beet diggers that is). Salem is notoriously rocky soil. It's a high-sub water river valley with more rocks than fertile dirt. There's no one who can dig a hole that big and that deep in that pasture, bury a child and cover it all within 20 minutes–without some assistance.

As the poster stated, this is the desertion charges list - not the current conspiracy charges

from your link...

"Lori Vallow Daybell is charged with two counts of felony child abandonment, misdemeanor resisting and obstructing an officer, solicitation of a crime and contempt of court. The charges stem from the disappearance of her children, 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan.

On Monday, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood submitted a list of 48 witnesses who could be called to testify at Lori’s preliminary hearing, jury trial and other court proceedings. In addition to Chad, the list includes:"

I think its kind of a passive "throw mud on the wall" approach - as burden of proof is on the prosecution to show Chad's involvement. Can they show Chad was physically present?

IMO this is why the conspiracy charges were added. If the prosecution cannot show Chad was doing the burning and the digging, it surely is beyond argument that Chad was a knowing participant in the conspiracy around those actions, if not a physical participant in the digging.
One thing I would like to know and could be potentially damning to his defense is how long was AC at CDs property. Was there enough time for Alex to dig a grave, start a fire, burn a corpse, retrieve it from the fire, and then bury it. That would requires him being there for hours and you would also need to suspend the belief that someone could come on your property and not only him but his children and his neighbors would not of noticed this. Mind you his daughter and her family live directly across the street from them too.

This would be a huge No, no. Attorneys have a duty to share evidence with the otherside when its available. An attorney could be sanctioned or even disbarred for purposesly withholding evidence from the otherside. Plus theyd risk really pissing off the judge. Im guessing even if they do have the autopsies they wont be released until after both trials have concluded, if ever. The kids were brutually murdered and the court may keep the autopsies sealed out of respect for the families
Would they be able to withhold the autopsy reports though when the defendants are not charged with killing the victims, just hiding them? Could this be why murder charges have not been brought forth yet? Cause of death has no bearing on the current charges so an autopsy would not be evidence in the case.

What puzzles me is Tylees demeanor with the police after the CV homocide. She seemed to be supportering her moms version of the events and unphased by what had transpired. Im curious if something changed between then and sept, and what it was.
Well, we know she didn't want to move to Idaho. We know she was getting tired of babysitting JJ all the time. We know Lori was cranky about not getting her million dollars. I can't imagine her liking Chad (if she even met him). How many days was Tylee in Idaho before she was killed? MOO.

What a strange life for a teenager!
What about when Tylee was touching Lori’s hand, calming her down at he police station *pre CV murder*.
This child was living in a certified nightmare!

MOO

Well going by CD's hearing, no it wasn't put up on the court site, but it's probably been provided to the defense. All we saw was the subpoenas.

For whatever reason I thought we knew the witness list of the CD prelim prior. Not sure why I thought that. Thanks for the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauraLew