GUILTY IN - Kimberly Dyer, 31, burned, tortured, mutilated, murdered, Elkhart, 22 Oct 2019 *Arrests*

BTW, I found another case where the court is attempting to join the cases. They are being tried in Marion Superior Court in Indianapolis, IN. The 3 accused went on a crime spree, which included 2 murders; 15 total charges. I'll be watching this one, too.

BTW, I found another case where the court is attempting to join the cases. They are being tried in Marion Superior Court in Indianapolis, IN. The 3 accused went on a crime spree, which included 2 murders; 15 total charges. I'll be watching this one, too.

Is there a thread here for it?

shizzle - I can't access it.... :(
I was hoping you would be able to. Have you tried other browsers? Incognito?

The Hendricks Co case was full court; everyone wore masks and the jurors were social distancing. The defendant was pretty nervous; he was fidgeting with his legs through the entire trial.

They all had this hearing and appeared by video:
08/06/2020: Hearing RE State's Motion for Joinder of Defendants

The court's answer was not surprising and it related to all of them:

08/14/2020: Order Issued
Court having taken this matter under advisement now issues ORDER. State of Indiana's Motion for Joinder of Defendants is hereby GRANTED; Defendant Matthew A. P. Murzynski's Motion for Separate Trial is hereby DENIED. cj

Angulo's competency hearing will be on the same date as the trial status conference:

08/13/2020: Administrative Event
Court now sets this matter for hearing Sept. 10, 2020 at 8:30 a.m. with respect to Deft's competency as the evaluations have been completed. Said hearing will be conducted by Webex.

There are still just 2 dates left for the 3 of them:
Elkhart Circuit Court
09/10/2020: Status Conference 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Christofeno, Michael A
10/05/2020: Jury Trial 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Christofeno, Michael A

I'm watching more than a few and am having a hard time trying to keep them all organized. For those I want to watch live, I finally ended up doing each case/cases like this:

Owen, Angulo, Murzynski = Elkhart Circuit Court, Christofeno
9/10 = Status conference 8:30 am
10/5 = Jury Trial 8:30 am

Are there more Indiana court cases on WS that I could be watching?

Prosecutors look to combine cases tied to murder trial

ELKHART COUNTY, Ind. (WNDU) - The Elkhart County Prosecutor’s Office is requesting to jointly try the cases of three men connected to the murder of a Columbia City woman in Elkhart.

According to our reporting partners at The Goshen News, during a court hearing Thursday, Judge Michael Christofeno discussed the motion to combine the cases of Mario Angulo, 19, Donald Owen Jr., 21, and Matthew Murzynski, 24.
[.....]
The hearing to determine whether to allow the cases to be combined will take place Aug. 6.
I've found their mugshots on the web....what the hell....you look at their faces and you know they're guilty
Owen's face for instance...all those tattoos.
He is clearly a psychopath

I was watching Judge Bonfiglio's court yesterday and he said the jury trials in the Elkhart County courts are scheduled to begin on Sept 14. According to him, the courts are getting pretty backed up but the rooms are set up for safe Covid practices and $1.2 Million has been set aside to provide updated streaming for public viewing.

All three in this case are still set for:
Owen, Angulo, Murzynski
Elkhart Circuit Court = Christofeno, Michael
9/10 = Status conference 8:30 am
10/5 = Jury Trial 8:30 am

I recently had a custody hearing via WebEx. (I FINALLY got my kids!!!) Its a little chaotic, and it takes a few minutes to make sure everyone has cameras and mic's and such, but once it gets going its just like any other court hearing. Except I didn't have to travel 1600 miles for this one... We didn't have "evidence" so to speak, most of it was documents so thats easy. But what happens when a juror wants to handle the evidence? Does that set up an appeal because the defendant was deprived of something? The logistics of the hearing are complicated enough. What happens later?

I recently had a custody hearing via WebEx. (I FINALLY got my kids!!!) Its a little chaotic, and it takes a few minutes to make sure everyone has cameras and mic's and such, but once it gets going its just like any other court hearing. Except I didn't have to travel 1600 miles for this one... We didn't have "evidence" so to speak, most of it was documents so thats easy. But what happens when a juror wants to handle the evidence? Does that set up an appeal because the defendant was deprived of something? The logistics of the hearing are complicated enough. What happens later?
Congrats on getting your kids!

The only problem I've seen was the jurors needed to see a document so the court took the time to print one out for each juror and then waited for them read it. Everybody will be present for jury trials so I would assume that will eliminate any evidence problems.

Considering the courts haven't done this before, it seems to be going pretty well.

Congrats on getting your kids!

The only problem I've seen was the jurors needed to see a document so the court took the time to print one out for each juror and then waited for them read it. Everybody will be present for jury trials so I would assume that will eliminate any evidence problems.

Considering the courts haven't done this before, it seems to be going pretty well.
Thank you! This is about 3 years in the making, so its a huge weight off my shoulders!

Thats what I'm wondering about though, we can create a document for everyone to review, and the Judge can certify true copies, and everyone can read it as many times as they want. But if we are talking a murder trial, and they want to pass around the murder weapon, how is that going to work? I think its going to be pretty tedious to explain how "this part of the weapon made this mark on this bone", or any similar arguments.

Live streaming is proving to be more time-consuming. One of the judges today had an inmate ready to hear his case but his attorney was nowhere to be found. The next case had the attorney present but no accused. The prosecutor left the court room to try to locate the missing.

It's really interesting to watch and I appreciate the counties that are streaming.

This is the only new action in any of their cases:
Owen
08/31/2020 Subpoena/Summons Filed
OWEN 4 SUBS stamp seal return.pdf
Filed By: State of Indiana

They have confirmed the 09/10/2020 trial status conference and Angulo's competency evaluations will be conducted virtually using WEBEX.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back