Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad that MM and/or TN would have to be encouraged to use this money for its main purpose. I retweeted PE's post. (I don't go on Twitter very often. So, I hope that I did it correctly.)
At least the money is there.
TN probably perplexed then suspicious that BM was not putting together an effort that needed the money.

I think that it may have been spent. I want them to explain where it went if it has been. TN said that he was going to keep meticulous records of where it was going. Let's hear it.
One of their goals: "Compensating family and volunteers for their time spent away from work and with the Morphew family." That could drain donations exceedingly fast, depending on the hourly wage with which they are compensating themselves and even people who "spend time with" the family. IMO

That, and his insistence that his "expensive work tools" couldn't be left in his truck...

The employee at check in probably makes $12 and has been super bored for weeks due to COVID as long as BM asked nicely I dont think theyd give it a second thought to let him in early, they dont make enough to worry about thoroughly checking out some random, but social presentable guy is actually doing

If he incapacitated her around 12:30 Saturday, and drove with her to the hotel, and brought her inside, surely there is video of this? I just don't think she was in that room. but we shall see.
JMO

I don't think she was ever in that room either. But starting the timeline at 12:30 on Sunday (with BM making a few messages to Suzanne's good friend after that), we have a reasonable view of what might have happened.

BM harms/kills Suzanne on Saturday, early afternoon. He then has until about 5-6 pm on Sunday to do whatever else he does.

I believe the cameras in the family home were not working. I also believe BM turned off his phone and used one of the vehicles without GPS.

I don't think he dismembered her (too messy). He probably didn't know that cadaverine doesn't begin to be produced immediately upon death, but about 12 hours (or more) later. That would account for the elk skull/horns propped near the house (to confuse possible cadaver dogs - and also to explain any cadaverine smell on his own clothing). While we all know that the dogs are trained only to find human cadaverine, all it takes is one jury member to doubt that dogs are that capable and BM goes free. So there has to be way more.

I believe BM is used to bluffing/manipulating his way through bad situations, of which he has had a fairly large number. He gets into conflicts and altercations. He expects to get his own way at all times. He wears the disguise of a Bible-believing Christian man. Suzanne knew this, but for a long time thought she could fix/save him.

I would like to know how many days Barry booked the room for and the day and time he checked in. I would also like to know what time BM called the employee but I don't know how to twitter!

Many hotels don't allow check in until about 11:00 am. Did Barry spend Saturday night at the hotel? If he left at 5:00 am on Sunday then where was he and what was he doing until he was able to check in?
What we learned today served to support what I’ve believed all along.

I think the hotel was booked last minute, and was used as an alibi. If true, then it would be a massive lie on Barry’s part (he told Lauren he left Suzanne in bed at 5am on Mother’s Day.

Barry had no intention of fixing a wall. He just needed time, distance, and a plausible alibi.

Also, I think we now know why the bike was thrown where it was. He couldn’t leave it out in the open on Saturday night, as it would be discovered too soon. I think he knew that there was a good chance that no one would find it until the time was right. Of course, he helped with that.

Last edited:
Apparently DM thinks most of us stay at the Ritz or the Four Seasons.

Holiday Inn Express is often a newer property compared to some plain Holiday Inns, and they are known for their generous breakfasts. No room service, often no pool, but they all have good beds and are known for cleanliness. I'd say they are medium-priced.

Yep. The Daily Fail, as a longstanding and unrepentant product of a class-based society, has long been obsessed with the prices of things, especially realty, and never passes up the opportunity to include the cost of a house, an engagement ring, a divorce settlement, a motor or a frock. In fact, I'd bet that nearly every DM article on this case includes the value of the Salida house.

It's a weird quirk (there are quite a few others, especially nauseating is a retrograde shorthand for describing women in the DM's "Fe-Mail" sections/stories) and does seem to be both lazy and aggressively symbolic, but in this piece seems also to be part of their mission to characterize BM in a particular way, and I've noticed that at least one other outlet also notes the "cheap hotel."

Suzanne Morphew's husband left cheap Denver hotel room reeking of chlorine, littered with insurance letters, co-worker claims

I've done too many road trips and agree with you that a new, 92.00 a night HIE isn't cheap, sordid or reflective of a murderous character -- but that kind of subtle just ain't in the DM style guide.

Why would they not be from the home mailbox? BM used that address for his business address. Why would he have something like homeowners insurance sent to a secret or private mailbox somewhere else? Why would he stop to get that mail with a murder on his hands?

The fact that there's mail there at all is weird, but I assume it came from the home and that, perhaps, there was something else in that stack of mail that was no longer in the hotel room.

But to me, the weirdest thing is that he called the other guy, at all.
I'm sure they came from the home mailbox initially, I don't think they all arrived on Saturday, as someone suggested.

Maybe, there is video of BM rolling luggage or something to and from the room. Maybe, that's why he said that he was hauling his tools into the room, when in fact, SM was in a rolling bag. With the coworker stating that there were no tools in the room sure puts BM in a bind to explain. Judge Judy would say, "If it doesn't make sense, it's a lie." I think the entire story is bogus.

I also am totally perplexed that he calls this coworker to come to Denver to complete an urgent job. Yet, BM leaves and never talks to this coworker again, not to explain what happened or instruct him to start work on the emergency job.

The reason that I still lean towards premeditation is that SM's body hasn't been found. That takes some thought and planning.

While I'm at it, why would you go to a hotel room the day before a job that is two hours away unless you are setting up an alibi? If the job runs long, wouldn't you just stay that night after work and finish the next day?

Why would you take personal insurance papers to the hotel room with you? If they were scattered about, I would look at what my boss left in the room. I wouldn't open his mail or read the papers at length; however, I would wonder if they were related to this urgent job over Mother's Day weekend.

BM can still save face and say that SM's death was an accident and he panicked. Unless the COD is apparent, he probably will be able to negotiate a plea deal.

This from your post got me thinking:

"I also am totally perplexed that he calls this coworker to come to Denver to complete an urgent job. Yet, BM leaves and never talks to this coworker again, not to explain what happened or instruct him to start work on the emergency job."

Wonder if calling JP to Denver was to keep him away from any other jobsites BM was working on those couple days?

Thanks Oviedo - unfortunately I cannot open the link (UK-GDPR). Is there any way that you (or someone) could copy and paste for me? Perhaps just the main bits so it doesn't overtake this thread? I know the KB/PF case, but it would be interesting to learn about what was taking place behind the scenes. Patience is a virtue - and not my strong point :rolleyes: Thanks!
I can pm it to you

I'm looking forward to Lauren's interview with JP, I think she will clarify the details that matter.

IMO - I feel JP is leaving out details about other “workers” that were called in for the job. I hope LS questions him on it and can verify if there were others assigned to be at this job besides JP.

I feel the truth ties into CM’s cryptic tweet about the bottom of the 9th the other day.

The employee at check in probably makes $12 and has been super bored for weeks due to COVID as long as BM asked nicely I dont think theyd give it a second thought to let him in early, they dont make enough to worry about thoroughly checking out some random, but social presentable guy is actually doing
Also businesses have to compete in ways they might not have before covid, and having the reputation for early entry to rooms could be a selling point, maybe a few bucks more. At least while businesses are getting back on their feet so to speak.

The husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew spent the night before she vanished at a budget hotel in Denver – and left the room reeking of chlorine, a co-worker has claimed exclusively to DailyMail.com.

Now DailyMail.com can reveal that a co-worker of Barry’s took over his Holiday Inn hotel room on May 10 and found it scattered with wet towels and stinking of chlorine.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8685695/Husband-missing-Colorado-mom-spent-night-disappearance-cheap-Denver-hotel.html?ITO=applenews

I'm looking forward to Lauren's interview with JP, I think she will clarify the details that matter.

The chlorine smell could be from using the pool.

Why would they not be from the home mailbox? BM used that address for his business address. Why would he have something like homeowners insurance sent to a secret or private mailbox somewhere else? Why would he stop to get that mail with a murder on his hands?

The fact that there's mail there at all is weird, but I assume it came from the home and that, perhaps, there was something else in that stack of mail that was no longer in the hotel room.

But to me, the weirdest thing is that he called the other guy, at all.
And we all know mail isn't delivered on Sunday. They obviously were going under financially. If they had good credit these bills could have been strung along for awhile until cards were maxed out. SM may have had no idea that it was happening or she did and would have preferred to move back to Indiana and sell the Colorado home. Whatever was going on was more than simple bill issues. It was deep. And deep usually means lies. Lies to cover up. I don't know about anyone else here but being broke isn't the end of things to me, but lie to me once, lie to me twice, I'm calling you out to face the music. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HottVixen