Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some concerns about the weather. Looks like Denver will get some snowfall next week. Is this the harbinger of weather to come towards the end of the month? And, will this effect Salida?
East Coaster here so no clue
And MOO.
The snow for Salida and Denver is coming tomorrow. Next week upper 70s forecast for Salida highs, warmer for Denver, and the Salida historical averages are for low 70s through the end of the month, but those warm temps next week could change as quickly as Denver's 90s today will switch to snow and 30s tomorrow.

About SM’S cell phone... is this the first definitive statement that the phone has never been found? Also, a phone would ping off a nearby tower, right? Would they know it pinged inside a home? Additionally, would the phone ping off the same tower where her nearby bike was found?

First thing that we can reference here - I have heard nothing about it on other social media.

Phones try to find 3 towers at a time, is my understanding - but will ping off of whatever they can ping. Since we know that there was internet on Puma Path, we can assume there was cellular - but also...GPS, which is different.

So we're talking towers...and satellites.

Moving the high school daughter to Pueblo right now makes me very upset. This is a terrible time for her to be uprooted from friends and sports and school. I hope AM is wrong about that, but he specifically said Pueblo.

I am very concerned about the daughter living with BM.

Someone who is used to always being in control and being in charge of the narrative can become combative and angry when they’re not. I wouldn’t imagine the living environment is stable right now.

If BM is arrested before the search, will that in any way change the dynamics of the planned search?
I don't know? Good question. A.M seems intent on finding his little sister.
MOO.

I get the feeling that the organized search is as much about presenting solidarity and a unified front in the quest for justice for SM, as it is about actually finding her.
JMO

also interesting BM has yet to ask for LE to find the real perpetrator. Seems like an innocent husband would be more concerned about the guilty party being found then what evidence LE has against him JMO
It’s funny, I was watching an old episode of “Unsolved Mysteries” the other day. This man’s wife disappeared, and he was utterly unconcerned with finding her. In the interview for the show, he was combative, and ridiculed law enforcement. He said many of the same things BM has said here.

I looked up the aftermath, as this aired in the early 90’s. The husband, Stephen Marfeo, went on to murder an ex girlfriend and seriously wound her new boyfriend 6 years later.

He then committed suicide. They never found his missing wife’s body, and the case remains unsolved. I don’t think anyone doubts he did it now though.

I get the feeling that the organized search is as much about presenting solidarity and a unified front in the quest for justice for SM, as it is about actually finding her.
JMO
Interesting. What makes you feel that way?
Seems like an organized, full on professional search to me. Her brother is a man on a mission, IMO.

also interesting BM has yet to ask for LE to find the real perpetrator. Seems like an innocent husband would be more concerned about the guilty party being found then what evidence LE has against him JMO
LE has been like a pack of dogs chasing and trying to corner BM since his wife was first declared missing. IMO, most of his activity has been centered around trying to protect himself from those attacks, while dealing with family, friends, and the inquiring public. It might have served him well had he hired a public representative in the beginning of the onslaught to find SM and gather evidence in her strange disappearance; someone with highly skilled public/media experience who could have protected him by speaking for him--and more importantly, kept him from impromptu and damaging interviews...

It’s funny, I was watching an old episode of “Unsolved Mysteries” the other day. This man’s wife disappeared, and he was utterly unconcerned with finding her. In the interview for the show, he was combative, and ridiculed law enforcement. He said many of the same things BM has said here.

I looked up the aftermath, as this aired in the early 90’s. The husband, Stephen Marfeo, went on to murder an ex girlfriend and seriously wound her new boyfriend 6 years later.

He then committed suicide. They never found his missing wife’s body, and the case remains unsolved. I don’t think anyone doubts he did it now though.
That breaks my heart, but sadly its not uncommon. I actually read Spy the Lie this summer and they talk about ways to spot deception by observing verbal and non-verbal behaviors. Pronouns used, past and present tense, and distance from the victims are all indicators of deception. For me, I felt BM referred to SM as deceased from the start, he seemed unemotional in his language, and never spoke like a grieving husband, and was more like someone trying to divert attention in other directions. Im obviously not a linguistics expert but its interesting how common these types of slips happen

LE has been like a pack of dogs chasing and trying to corner BM since his wife was first declared missing. IMO, most of his activity has been centered around trying to protect himself from those attacks, while dealing with family, friends, and the inquiring public. It might have served him well had he hired a public representative in the beginning of the onslaught to find SM and gather evidence in her strange disappearance; someone with highly skilled public/media experience who could have protected him by speaking for him--and more importantly, kept him from impromptu and damaging interviews...
COULD NOT agree more, God knows he just sold his house in Indiana, he could an attorney or media consultant to speak for him... if he was being smart but its better for us he hasnt. every time he gives a statement, he digs the whole deeper

There has been amble research to show that men who commit rape/murder do share a cluster of personality traits...unfortunately, a lot of those personality traits and behavior patterns are also what society deems appropriate and normal.

For me, the first glimpse of BM’s true character, was when he threatened TD at the end of the “Let me show you” video. To me, it sounded like a credible threat that he was quite prepared to follow through. He may have been more likely to be emotionally abusive to Suzanne, than physically abusive, but at heart I doubt he was a “good guy”.

Agreed here...I intuitively see BM as a "loose cannon". The manner in which he speaks to people and the words he uses are very narcissistic in nature. JMO

Maybe he’s paranoid about the house being bugged ?
JMO
If he is, I think it’s spectacularly unlikely that it is bugged.

I mean, it’s not like he’s going to say to himself “yup, I killed Suzanne.” I can’t think of a recent case where law enforcement has done that, and when they do, there is usually evidence of a conspiracy of some sort.

I think anything like that would be in relation to his communications (cell phone).

I think he’s sick of people knocking on his door at all hours.

I so hope that’s a pic of the actual product, from the actual store. MOO.

I did a google reverse image. The photo that PE has is the photo at wikipedia.org of liquid chlorine, and is also at many many sites. It's a "stock" photo they pulled. MOO

File:Liquid Pool Chlorine.jpg - Wikipedia

Although the youtube live doesn't start 'till 10, the chat below has been open for some time now.

I’m not worried yet. Signs of a struggle are totally different from physical evidence in most respects. A suffocation, strangulation, or any sudden death may not show signs of a struggle if the person had no idea they were about to be attacked. Signs of a struggle might be an overturned table or chair, broken glass, etc. Physical evidence may be blood, fingerprints, saliva, semen, a fingernail, a computer, a cellphone, etc.
AM indicated that LE did remove evidence from the home. That’s why I’m not worried yet.
An0ther possibility is that she could have drugged, leaving very little signs of a crime scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim