Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a back country pilot and hiking guide for blind athletes. I thought my skill set may be helpful but I have not heard anything either. We will be there though!

MOO would love to go. Even if coordination isn't that good, IMO all road sides need a look. What a privilege to go where Tim Miller is also interested in going. A strong voice for the sidelined and silent victim.

I just listened to A.M.'s interview on Indy News Media, a Youtube-based show from here in Indiana. A.M. had pretty harsh words about Barry, but his mention of the $500,000 inheritance is what got my attention: A.M. said that each of the Moorman kids received about half a million dollars total from their mother & grandmother. A.M.
claimed that Suzanne plowed the money into either the Indiana house and/or the Salida house. If that's true, then essentially the $500,000 became marital property; Indiana law has a presumption that all assets become marital assets. As I understand it, Colorado law provides for something similar.

On one hand, one can argue that Barry had a motive: get rid of Suzanne & he has title to all the marital property, including the $500,000 in (presumably) real estate equity. On the other hand, if Suzanne was willing to invest the cash into their marital real estate, it wouldn't seem that she had any antipathy toward Barry.

At least this is something in the way of a possible motive, though the facts don't point unerringly in one direction.
Andy also said something that directly relates to your points.

69:20
what do i how let me describe barry um
69:23
very driven individual almost to the
69:26
point of scariness when it comes to work
69:28
and money um secondly
69:32
i've kind of come to find out he was
69:34
rather he was controlling of the money
69:37
and the financial prayers within that
69:39
household and i think that's how he kind
69:41
of kept a thumb on my sister
69:43
to be honest with you ...

Chris McDonough@187Cjm
Clarity #suzannemorphew #findsuzanne #bigjob
@ProfilingEvil
#FindSuzanne #suzannemoorman #moormanfamilysearch

EhVFxwnXcAYUp-H

Chris McDonough replied you his own tweet

“You shall see this coming week!”

https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1303120776011214848?s=21

@lamlawindy i was just curious, from what youve read so far, in your professional opinion do you think LE has enough probable cause to get search warrants for the family vehicles? and if not what could help do it?

From what I've seen/read, I do not believe so. There's no allegation that the vehicles were used as weapons to harm Suzanne, and there's been no evidence discussed indicating that the vehicles were used to somehow transport Suzanne anywhere against her will.

Chaffee County Fire Protection District
@ivegotthemic
BM has been a Chaffee County volunteer firefighter since August 2018.
@osu Along w your link, just gen fyi for the thread.
About Us | Chaffee County Fire
"Chaffee County Fire Protection District's (CCFPD) predominately volunteer force... within the 1,000 sq mile Fire District. CCFPD has 35 pieces of mobile equipment/apparatus allocated between 6 fire stations that are professionally staffed by 40+ volunteer firefighters and 4 paid firefighters." bbm sbm

From what I've seen/read, I do not believe so. There's no allegation that the vehicles were used as weapons to harm Suzanne, and there's been no evidence discussed indicating that the vehicles were used to somehow transport Suzanne anywhere against her will.
ahhh okay, i figured but i appreciate you verifying for me

If he is, I think it’s spectacularly unlikely that it is bugged.

I mean, it’s not like he’s going to say to himself “yup, I killed Suzanne.” I can’t think of a recent case where law enforcement has done that, and when they do, there is usually evidence of a conspiracy of some sort.

I think anything like that would be in relation to his communications (cell phone).

I think he’s sick of people knocking on his door at all hours.

I think big sister returned to Univ and little sister said I'm out of here -- I want to stay with Jane Doe, and they compromised. Found a condo near her friends in PSgs.

I can't blame either of the daughters for not wanting to stay at the timberwood palace. Everybody knows that home is where your mom is.

BM knows better than anybody that he has to keep SM's daughters happy (i.e., your girls need you).

I think BM convinced them they all need to be together at home for the sake of the investigation because CCSO is trying to frame him.

Little sister's friends (and the parents) are not going to come hang out at that murder mansion with her. No way!

MOO

I think you're right, we know he thinks the FBI lies and is after him.
I wonder if he was implying the FBI lied to him, the witnesses they questioned, or to the public. He must be thinking of investigators lying as a technique to get information from a suspect. He was probably referring to AM since he made the statement soon after the interview with PE when it was revealed that BM refused the lie detector tests. I never realized BM was pointing fingers at Suzanne's family until the interview today.

Imo

"@lamlawindy i was just curious, from what youve read so far, in your professional opinion do you think LE has enough probable cause to get search warrants for the family vehicles? and if not what could help do it?"

with all due respect, that doesn't make sense. How are they (police) not able to get probable cause on vehicles where a person has gone missing? "they" were able to get two search warrants on the house...not the cars?

Last edited:
Andy said just now that Suzanne did not know her dad had cancer when she went missing. (On PE feed)

ETA... And Chris and Mike say that the 4 or 5 things that are gonna blow the doors off the case is coming from Lauren this week.

Last edited:
with all due respect, that doesn't make sense. How are they (police) not able to get probable cause on vehicles where a person has gone missing? "they" were able to get two search warrants on the house...not the cars?
well the house was the last place she was seen so its probable there may be valuable evidence there, but theres not concrete proof where she was taken from be it the house or off the bike path, for all we know she could have gone on a walk and disappeared so from a legal standpoint it doesnt meet the probable cause standard

@osu Along w your link, just gen fyi for the thread.
About Us | Chaffee County Fire
"Chaffee County Fire Protection District's (CCFPD) predominately volunteer force... within the 1,000 sq mile Fire District. CCFPD has 35 pieces of mobile equipment/apparatus allocated between 6 fire stations that are professionally staffed by 40+ volunteer firefighters and 4 paid firefighters." bbm sbm
Are they going to participate in the search or are they still under suspicion of their efforts?

Well I was able to ask Andy on PE if Suzanne knew her Dad had cancer before she went missing he said "no this is a new development" that's makes me feel that Suzanne would not have been trying to get back to Indiana just for her dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim