Deceased/Not Found MD - Heather Grogg, 33, & Danielle Tyler, 18, Carroll Co, 6 Apr 2020 *arrest*

<modsnip: Referenced post was removed due to no link and copyright violation>

I was starting to wonder if we would hear anything new about this case. The gun is interesting. An informant must have given them the location otherwise there would be no reason to link it to HGs murder. I wonder what use it will be in court? They can't match the gun to any ballistics that we know about. Can't say it was a murder weapon if there is no autopsy because there is no body to autopsy. I guess it is part of the circumstantial evidence, if LE can prove that was Bradford's gun it looks bad for him. Also I guess it corroborates the informant's story so a judge and jury would be more inclined to believe the informant.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Referenced post was removed due to no link and copyright violation>

I was starting to wonder if we would hear anything new about this case. The gun is interesting. An informant must have given them the location otherwise there would be no reason to link it to HGs murder. I wonder what use it will be in court? They can't match the gun to any ballistics that we know about. Can't say it was a murder weapon if there is no autopsy because there is no body to autopsy. I guess it is part of the circumstantial evidence, if LE can prove that was Bradford's gun it looks bad for him. Also I guess it corroborates the informant's story so a judge and jury would be more inclined to believe the informant.
I wonder if it is possible to still have DNA on the gun? That would change things ?!

Last edited by a moderator:
RSBM

I just remembered JR had 2 Facebook pages. One of them said he worked the night shift at Evapco. Maybe he stopped by to visit HG on his way to work that night? If he was working the night shift it might be common for them to not see each other until afternoon because Diana would be out of the house early getting the kids to school before she went to work. I'm thinking she didn't notice the work clothes were still at home until she noticed something was odd and started looking around carefully.

I'm not sure how COVID would have altered all that. Were Carroll County schools closed before March 17? Was Evapco still operating then? Was JR still working at Evapco?
Evapco does commercial work such as cooling towers. Service tech would be daytime work perhaps some overtime. If he worked in the plant on the manufacturing side, perhaps he worked second or third shift. JMO

Evapco does commercial work such as cooling towers. Service tech would be daytime work perhaps some overtime. If he worked in the plant on the manufacturing side, perhaps he worked second or third shift. JMO
JR's Facebook page that was posted here when this thread started said he worked night shift at Evapco. They have a manufacturing site in Westminster/Taneytown. The latest Spirit of Jefferson article that was just posted said he was a carpenter so maybe the Evapco information is old? Working night shift is the most logical reason I could think of why his wife didn't report him missing when he did not come home the night of Match 17. If he worked nights and she worked days she would not expect to see him until the afternoon. Just a guess and MOO.

I think a lot of “evidence “ is going to be circumstantial and evidence provided by informants... which could get tricky .... as dumb as the guys are as criminals they were smart in certain points for destroying any physical evidence.....

I have yet to make the time to turn in but as I pass this place every day on my way to work, seeing the CLEAR VIEW OF THE STREET, I truly wonder how nobody saw an injured and bleeding grown man being carried/dragged to a vehicle parked right there?! I cannot get past that part.
I drove by the Mews today and you are so right, the front and the side entrances are all in clear view of Main Street and Washington Rd. I thought the side was sheltered from the view from Main Street but you were onto it, the side lot is wide open. This was clearly a team effort, it would take at least 2 people to carry JR and someone else watching out/signalling for when it was clear to move him.

I drove by the Mews today and you are so right, the front and the side entrances are all in clear view of Main Street and Washington Rd. I thought the side was sheltered from the view from Main Street but you were onto it, the side lot is wide open. This was clearly a team effort, it would take at least 2 people to carry JR and someone else watching out/signalling for when it was clear to move him.

It looks to me like there are entrances in the back of the building. I don't know if those are separate units, or basements of the units that face the parking lot. If they did take JR out the back, they may not have been spotted?

JMO

Moo completely but this case give me chills and reminds me so much of people I knew who got involved in cycles of motorcycle gangs, meth, and neo-nazi networks. Do we have any shared tattoos among them? Any images?

heartbreaking how network this has swallowed so many lives...

Moo completely but this case give me chills and reminds me so much of people I knew who got involved in cycles of motorcycle gangs, meth, and neo-nazi networks. Do we have any shared tattoos among them? Any images?

heartbreaking how network this has swallowed so many lives...
Around page 8 of this thread there was some discussion about tattoos. Stattlich1 decoded some of MM's tattoos as white supremicist.

Deceased/Not Found - MD - Heather Grogg, 33, & Danielle Tyler, 18, Carroll County, 6 April 2020 *arrest*

Glad he’s been caught honestly how many more lives do you think he would take in his lifetime?
pretty disturbing to see someone so detached- white supremacy, selling and using the worst drugs, weapons, killing over money and said drugs, killing witnesses, killing young ex girlfriend... I don’t think he’d stop.
And it’s not based off some compulsion like a serial killer but rather just absolutely cold and calculated choices he made. Hope he gets locked up forever and gets zero protection in prison.

Rant over/

Glad he’s been caught honestly how many more lives do you think he would take in his lifetime?
pretty disturbing to see someone so detached- white supremacy, selling and using the worst drugs, weapons, killing over money and said drugs, killing witnesses, killing young ex girlfriend... I don’t think he’d stop.
And it’s not based off some compulsion like a serial killer but rather just absolutely cold and calculated choices he made. Hope he gets locked up forever and gets zero protection in prison.

Rant over/
Excellent rant, thank you. I have to say my big worry in this case is MM will pin the killing of JR on JB or DS. Then he will pin the killing of DT on DS which seems obvious based on what is in the MSM. Then he will pin the killing of HG on JS or NB who are both (in MSM) accused of pulling the trigger. Poor MM was just out looking to get high when all this crime happened around him, and he walks on a short sentence. If that happens we all know more people will end up dead when he gets out of prison.

Excellent rant, thank you. I have to say my big worry in this case is MM will pin the killing of JR on JB or DS. Then he will pin the killing of DT on DS which seems obvious based on what is in the MSM. Then he will pin the killing of HG on JS or NB who are both (in MSM) accused of pulling the trigger. Poor MM was just out looking to get high when all this crime happened around him, and he walks on a short sentence. If that happens we all know more people will end up dead when he gets out of prison.

I think MM is quite a manipulator - he convinced all the players to implicate themselves in horrendous, unnecessary crimes to satisfy his own ego, to prove himself to be gangster. He misled Dani and led her to her execution, all the while shacked up with another woman. He apparently still isn't talking about where Dani and Heather's remains are, maybe hoping for a deal?

I wouldn't be surprised if he/his attorney tried to turn this all back on the others, or maybe an insanity plea? Whatever it takes to get as little blame as possible. I hope the Prosecutor can, at the very least, put MM away for life plus, so he can never hurt another human being or their family. You are right, Curious Q, he surely will cause serious harm again.

All my own opinion only

I think the next Grand Jury in Jefferson County, WV will be Sept 15. I hope we get more news then.

Jefferson Co, WV Circuit Clerk

Has anybody seen anything about preliminary hearings for MM, DS, JB or any of the others? They have all had hearings before the Magistrate (I don't know what that's called in WV) and next step is preliminary hearings for indictment, as I understand it.

Now that I think about it, did AprilB have her Magistrate hearing?

Has anybody seen anything about preliminary hearings for MM, DS, JB or any of the others? They have all had hearings before the Magistrate (I don't know what that's called in WV) and next step is preliminary hearings for indictment, as I understand it.

----------------------------------
Sort of answering my own question. Article dated 9/17/2020:
...David Ray Sanford Jr., of Westminster, Md., was arraigned Wednesday evening on one count of first-degree murder in connection with the death of Danielle Tyler, 18, of Taneytown, according to Berkeley County Magistrate Court records...

...Tyler's body was allegedly burned in a large fire pit outside the trailer, according to a complaint filed against Sanford by Jefferson County Sheriff's Deputy Sgt. Steven Holz...

RSBM

Man charged in W.Va. slaying accused of also killing witness

Note: This link leads to a sight with a paywall if you have exceeded your limit on number of articles.

My own opinion only

Last edited:

Not a lawyer, but I think in WV a preliminary hearing means a Magistrate judge has to decide if they have reason to hold you in jail. The next step is either a trial or a hearing in front of a grand jury to decide if the case goes to trial. For all involved here they have had preliminary hearings in Magistrate Court and cases were transferred to Circuit Court for grand jury review. The Jefferson County grand jury was scheduled to start Tuesday, Sept 15 so I was expecting some MSM news this week.

Maybe "preliminary hearing" means different things in different states and different courts, but the WV newspapers called the Magistrate hearings preliminary hearings.

AprilB had a hearing in Magistrate court in Berkeley County on 5/21/2020. It was briefly mentioned in this article:
Witnesses add more details in three murders

"Police learned that Merrell was staying with a new girlfriend they identified as April Lynn Braner, 37. A search warrant was conducted by the FBI at Braner’s home as well as what was identified as a “gutted trailer” that was a former biker clubhouse across the street from her home, Holz said.

Testifying during Braner’s preliminary hearing on May 21 in Berkeley County, Holz said details about how Grogg and Tyler were killed..."

Not a lawyer, but I think in WV a preliminary hearing means a Magistrate judge has to decide if they have reason to hold you in jail. The next step is either a trial or a hearing in front of a grand jury to decide if the case goes to trial. For all involved here they have had preliminary hearings in Magistrate Court and cases were transferred to Circuit Court for grand jury review. The Jefferson County grand jury was scheduled to start Tuesday, Sept 15 so I was expecting some MSM news this week.

Maybe "preliminary hearing" means different things in different states and different courts, but the WV newspapers called the Magistrate hearings preliminary hearings.

AprilB had a hearing in Magistrate court in Berkeley County on 5/21/2020. It was briefly mentioned in this article:
Witnesses add more details in three murders

"Police learned that Merrell was staying with a new girlfriend they identified as April Lynn Braner, 37. A search warrant was conducted by the FBI at Braner’s home as well as what was identified as a “gutted trailer” that was a former biker clubhouse across the street from her home, Holz said.

Testifying during Braner’s preliminary hearing on May 21 in Berkeley County, Holz said details about how Grogg and Tyler were killed..."

Almost a lawyer and I looked it up and WV is similar in the calandra of criminal cases— below is how it goes:

the complaint- written and sworn statement contains alleged crime and relevant facts. If there is probable cause then it turns into the charging document and initiated the criminal proceedings.

arrest warrant/summons- depending on crime type your are told about your alleged crime/arrested/called to court

initial appearance- before a magistrate- given bail or renamed to custody.

probable cause finding- in front of the magistrate - if found the case moved to circuit court

grand jury- after your preliminary hearing/probable cause finding, if the magistrate passed it up to circuit court, then a grand jury will be gathered and of all agree to An indictment, then the defendant is indicted and goes to trial-

that is lay person talk and there is a lot of in between that the lawyers deal with ect but those are the main processes to criminal court procedure.

probable cause finding- in front of the magistrate - if found the case moved to circuit court

grand jury- after your preliminary hearing/probable cause finding, if the magistrate passed it up to circuit court, then a grand jury will be gathered and of all agree to An indictment, then the defendant is indicted and goes to trial-

that is lay person talk and there is a lot of in between that the lawyers deal with ect but those are the main processes to criminal court procedure.

RSBM

also to add a little bit of Info the probable cause finding is also known as a preliminary hearing, prosecution typicall lay out the evidence so far and case so the defense can cross examine and also bring forth witnesses ect. In these cases, all of those arrested (except ED—??) have had their prelims and the judge found enough cause to send the case for grand jury for indictment.. I would be shocked if any of them get there charges dismissed at this point forward. I hope someone brings charges against ED I’ve said it multiple times- why is she not being held accountable for DTs murder? And HGs?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back