Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m wondering if the trial could be jeopardized in the event evidence or a body is found. What’s to keep a defense attorney from arguing that it was planted by a search team member who obviously sided against BM, especially if LE had already searched the area.

Finding a body would be less of an issue but finding evidence could be problematic.
The Sheriff may be faced with a dilemma: take a role in directing the search and assume the risk that untrained amateurs will compromise the admissibility in court of what they find; or let the searchers do it on their own and assume the risk they will compromised the evidentiary value of what they find.

If Lauren gets to interview Barry again i hope she ask's him what the mechanical thing he did with his bobcat was, if he's innocent there should be zero reason why he would be unwilling to say what it was. Or even better i hope this is some information she has already asked and is due to release this week.

Question about the Bobcat.

When did this "mechanical thing with his bobcat" take place? Why do you think police asking him about the Bobcat? Why is BM so vague about the Bobcat? Sensitive subject?

Do you think he brought the Bobcat with him to Broomfield? Knowing that he has a trailer with him could limit the possibilities of where Suzanne could be.
“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado
Barry did admit an inconsistency in one timeline he provided to investigators.

“It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,” he said.

Suzanne Morphew’s husband left Denver hotel, contractor claims room was “reeking of chlorine” | FOX21 News Colorado

Puckett mentioned he saw Barry in person on Saturday, May 9, and described the work he’d been hired to do, a project involving fixing a wall. But, he said, Barry didn’t leave him to tools he needed.

MOO The BobCat is a sensitive subject because BM had to admit to a mistake. I haven't read anything, anywhere, that mentions the BobCat being seen with BM on the "wall job" time frame. It has also not been mentioned being with him when he arrived back in Maysville, during the "LE bike discovery" scene.

Agreed. And also that he left early in the am to set up (and use) hotel rooms that weren't needed until that evening. It makes zero sense.

And this is simply an aside, but who lays on top of a motel bedspread? I'm not exactly a germophobe, but the first thing I do in a hotel room is pull the bedspread down.... they wash those things maybe once a month.. just sayin'

There are so many things about this hotel timeline that leave HUGE red flags.
BM told TD he left at 5am Sunday, the 1oth, to get the hotel room and get the tools for the job, set up in the room.
We now know, there were no tools left behind for his crew to do the alleged retaining wall repair.
According to the DM article, they handed over surveillance footage to LE for the weekend of the 9th, as they put it.
-------------------------------------------
"The husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew spent the night before she vanished at a budget hotel in Denver"

"A manager at the $92-a-night property confirmed to DailyMail.com that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms and have handed security footage from the weekend of May 9 to police." Husband of missing Colorado mom spent the night before her disappearance at cheap Denver hotel | Daily Mail Online
------------------------------------------
If BM didn't even arrive until the 10th, why hand over video from the day prior?
Surely, they know what time he checked in.

We don't know what time the girls first raised any concern about not being able to reach SM, but we do know what time the phone call to the sheriff's office went out, and that was just before 6pm.

So what was BM doing, and where was he all day Sunday, that he couldn't leave his tools for his crew, and that it took him until 9pm to arrive back at home?

I really hope Lauren Scharf's upcoming interviews tighten this Saturday/Sunday timeline a bit, because it's driving me a little bit nutty. :confused:

Last edited:
@Kimmer

When GM was interviewed he said that since their move in 2018, the had lost touch. They hadn't spoken with the girls etc...

It seems like there had been something that adversely impacted their relationship as a family. Possibly out of sight, out of mind?

AM also said he called and left voicemails over the years with BM (??) and never heard back.

Lastly, AM said they thought the girls hadn't reached because they were concerned their numbers were blocked. They found out that wasn't the case. Why would they think that?

I don't know the timing, but maybe hard feelings about the inheritance SM got. Maybe BM felt SM should have gotten more of the share than her other siblings for whatever reason and might have been angry over all that.

The Sheriff may be faced with a dilemma: take a role in directing the search and assume the risk that untrained amateurs will compromise the admissibility in court of what they find; or let the searchers do it on their own and assume the risk they will compromised the evidentiary value of what they find.

Maybe he should give a press conference and updates at the same time.

Hopefully someone will be there to have a meeting before the search commences to lay out some guidelines and what to do if something is found...

Question about the Bobcat.

When did this "mechanical thing with his bobcat" take place? Why do you think police asking him about the Bobcat? Why is BM so vague about the Bobcat? Sensitive subject?

Do you think he brought the Bobcat with him to Broomfield? Knowing that he has a trailer with him could limit the possibilities of where Suzanne could be.
It must have something to do with the time frame. Taking two or three hours to do something mechanical, or however he described it, could be an excuse for explaining a lengthy time gap in his story. Whatever he told LE must have conflicted with the evidence.

Since there apparently was no machinery at the jobsite in Denver, maybe the bobcat was used on Sunday at some point and he ran out of time. Maybe the sound the neighbor heard at the other construction site was Barry loading up the Bobcat. Or maybe the bobcat was not used in the crime at all and he was just using it as an excuse to explain what he was doing at a certain time.

Imo

Its possible that it wasn't even chlorine that was smelt in the hotel, it may have have been the same bleach that was reported to have been smelt at the house, or its possible the smell at the house was also chlorine. Household bleach is also much more readily available.
There was a shortage of bleach at the time during Suzanne's disappearance.

Bodies are found out in the woods all the time by lay people.
At this point I doubt there's anything a volunteer could do, other than don't disturb or
touch, that would compromise anything.

I do think the critical factor here is LE sharing
some info to narrow down what the digital trail
says. Otherwise it's the needle in the haystack approach.

Funny how certain details stand out to some, and just fall by the wayside for others.
It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn the strong chlorine smell at the hotel had nothing at all to do with the case.
For me, it's more of o_O

I am still relatively new here. But in the short time I have been here, I have found that everyone has something to add.... large or small details that help us, and potentially others figure things out.

This is, MOO (love the acronyms) a very kind, caring, intelligent community.

We don't have a time for Lauren's next segment, do we?

I'm still angry that BM wouldn't let Suzanne use marijuana when she was sick. The woman had cancer, and he won't let his wife smoke a joint? Or eat a freaking cookie?

Yet he lives in a place where recreational weed is legal and common. Everyone who lives in CO, could you answer this? I have a HS friend who lives in Thronton. Professional guy, upstanding taxpayer, etc, who smokes like a mad man and says no one thinks anything about it. He's an old skool high-on, though, so is it true or is that his wishful thinking?

Anti-drug, or at least weed, and CO, just don't seem like a good fit, KWIM? It's very confusing to me. Now if you told me he was a big fan, I wouldn't think anything about it.

All MOO and ruminations.

@NoSI I have no idea how to reply from a previous thread, but I am going out for the search as well. I have not heard back from my registration, but I have been in contact with others related to the search.
I plan on attending as well. Hotel booked this morning (I changed hotels. Previously booked online a week ago). I registered for the search on profiling evil site...on Monday? Maybe Sunday. Haven't heard anything back yet.

We don't have a time for Lauren's next segment, do we?

I'm still angry that BM wouldn't let Suzanne use marijuana when she was sick. The woman had cancer, and he won't let his wife smoke a joint? Or eat a freaking cookie?

Yet he lives in a place where recreational weed is legal and common. Everyone who lives in CO, could you answer this? I have a HS friend who lives in Thronton. Professional guy, upstanding taxpayer, etc, who smokes like a mad man and says no one thinks anything about it. He's an old skool high-on, though, so is it true or is that his wishful thinking?

Anti-drug, or at least weed, and CO, just don't seem like a good fit, KWIM? It's very confusing to me. Now if you told me he was a big fan, I wouldn't think anything about it.

All MOO and ruminations.

It certainly does seem especially cruel that if she was suffering through treatments, he wouldn't allow her to get some relief through using legal weed. (I suspect there's likely much more to this story, however).

I think our society in general is still very much not on the same page when it comes to pot. Generations of public school funded programs telling us (and our kids) how terrible pot is (gateway!) and now, the same quantities that used to get folks tossed in jail, are perfectly legal.
It's entirely possible BM is radically against weed use, for any reason. Tons of people are.

jmo

Funny how certain details stand out to some, and just fall by the wayside for others.
It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn the strong chlorine smell at the hotel had nothing at all to do with the case.
For me, it's more of a head-scratcher that BM would allegedly rent a room for his crew member to stay in (when there were actually 3 crew members), then leave the room with wet towels & personal mail strewn around the room. o_O
How do you know that Morgan and Cassidy were there at the hotel?

It certainly does seem especially cruel that if she was suffering through treatments, he wouldn't allow her to get some relief through using legal weed. (I suspect there's likely much more to this story, however).

I think our society in general is still very much not on the same page when it comes to pot. Generations of public school funded programs telling us (and our kids) how terrible pot is (gateway!) and now, the same quantities that used to get folks tossed in jail, are perfectly legal.
It's entirely possible BM is radically against weed use, for any reason. Tons of people are.

jmo

I am in the U.K where it is not legal,but I thought medical grade, legally produced products are different to the weed kids are warned about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherriS