Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same with my state. If one isn't of legal capacity it can be challenged

I can't think of any document deemed valid if negotiated by an incapacitated individual -- including signing a bank check.

I think OP was thinking of durable power of attorney that extends to include when the principal becomes incapacitated whereas a general power of attorney ends at death, incapacitation, or if revoked before then.

Interesting idea! If LE could prove no electricity, water, cable tv, etc. were used during a morning when a victim was supposedly at home, they could prove that a perpetrator was lying. I don't recall ever seeing information like that brought up in a court of law, but it sounds like great evidence. Is it hard to get that kind of data?
I just checked my electric account. I can drill down to hourly usage on the usage graph.

I now think this was very premeditated. I think he planned to get rid of her and he is completely stunned that he wasn’t just taken at his word and treated like a victim from the beginning. I think he had checked out of the marriage and thought he could disappear her so he could go on to live the life he wanted to live, perhaps with someone else even, and with ALL the money. Bonus—he would get all kinds of attention and sympathy for being the poor husband whose wife was taken by a big cat.

As “religious” and concerned with appearances as he seems to be, I think he thought divorce (especially IF he was having an affair) would make him look bad. I think he planned to live in that house so it would be ok that he wouldn’t be able to sell it for 7 years.

I don’t think this was a spontaneous event anymore. Perhaps it happened now b/c of something she found out & planned to divorce him, but I think she was in his way and it served him better for her to be GONE instead of just out of the marriage.

ETA. Also I think he realized it would look bad to divorce a woman who had cancer.

Last edited:
Question for veteran sleuthers. In premeditated murder cases, what evidence has proven premeditation? Please save my poor old brain from having to speculate on this, by sharing your knowledge. TIA
Some of these cases have been really obvious. Fotis Dulos, who did all sorts of crazy things to cover his tracks beforehand (vintage bicycle, employee’s vehicle).

Patrick Frazee, who solicited his mistress to kill Kelsey in the months before he killed her.

In this one, I think the jury is still out. We just don’t have enough information yet. On the one hand, the timing seems quite convenient (Mother’s Day weekend, Daughters out of town).

On the other hand, this looks sloppy as all hell to me, and very reactionary. That alibi seems thrown together, the bike sloppily planted, and BM is pushing a laughable scenario (mountain lion).

Personally, I wouldn’t expect a planned event to look like this. Then again, I wouldn’t have expected a premeditated killer to use a fricken baseball bat in a scenario designed to make it appear that the victim left on her own volition (Frazee in the Berreth case).

So right now, I’m just waiting for solid evidence that preparations were made for Suzanne’s murder. That camera system may be proof of that, if law enforcement can prove that it was tampered with prior to Suzanne’s disappearance, as opposed to after the fact.

Maybe Lauren’s report will firm things up a little. Hopefully we only have to wait until tomorrow night.

SBM BBM
I don't follow. How is he controlling their testimony? It seems to me that their having lawyers is evidence that he is NOT controlling their testimony. The point is to have independent representation.
If BM is paying for their attorney I wonder if that’s a conflict of interest for the poor attorney?

............... Everyone who lives in CO, could you answer this? I have a HS friend who lives in Thronton. Professional guy, upstanding taxpayer, etc, who smokes like a mad man and says no one thinks anything about it. He's an old skool high-on, though, so is it true or is that his wishful thinking?.....
We moved to CO at around the time recreational usage became legal (not connected). If you are at any outdoor activity, whether a concert or a festival, a park, you will without a doubt will be aware of its usage. It is pretty much everywhere and as far as I'm concerned, nobody will think anything of seeing anyone smoke, except for those who can't tolerate smoking in general. Our visiting relatives enjoy visiting "the shop" which is a new building in a nice suburban shopping center. Most of the people I know do not smoke but buy jellies and other products.

His control tendencies are exactly what made me curious about that. If there was say one main trail or path into a given area, you could put a trail cam there to monitor people going by to make sure LE isnt in the area. And the body could still be a good ways away as long as there was one main way to where it is buried or hidden and the cam is on that path.
It’s a good thought...might give him a little piece of mind. How would he view the cameras though...on his phone or laptop? Isn’t LE monitoring his devices? Hope so!

If BM is paying for their attorney I wonder if that’s a conflict of interest for the poor attorney?
In cases where an attorney represents multiple members of a family in the same case, attorneys have a professional responsibility to inform their clients of future potential conflicts and how they could impact their individual representation. Clients can still maintain the same lawyer but they would have to sign a waiver stating they understood and were okay with the potential conflict

Best post yet if the electric smart meter usage is recordable and saved or accessible. A spike in usage at a certain time? When the usual suspect said nobody was home? . Anybody want to find out if that particular year built meter is recorded by hour or at all?
Perhaps they could also check if there was an unusual amount of water used like say, in the middle of the night.

Bentonville Police Use Smart Water Meters As Evidence In Murder Investigation | 5newsonline.com

Court documents show investigators believe James Bates cleaned up the murder scenebecause of the amount of water he used in a two-hour window. Police said they got that data from the smart water meter at his home, which, according to the city utilities department, takes a measurement every hour of how much water is used.

5NEWS spoke with Heath Ward, the executive director of Springdale Water Utilities, which uses meters similar to those used in Bentonville. Ward said Springdale’s meters can read data continuously or do a spot reading and then send back that information to a central server.

"If a customer has a problem, a specific problem, and suspect they have a leak, we do have more technology that actually monitors and takes a reading 24-hours a day for 30 days and you can see the habits, the water habits of the house," he explained.

Chlorine reactions may include itchy, red skin or hives (itchy bumps). This is not an allergy but is actually "irritant dermatitis" (like a chemical burn), caused by hypersensitivity to this natural irritant. Chlorine is also drying to the skin and can irritate existing dermatitis.

Wasn't Barry spotted shirtless and RED?

We moved to CO at around the time recreational usage became legal (not connected). If you are at any outdoor activity, whether a concert or a festival, a park, you will without a doubt will be aware of its usage. It is pretty much everywhere and as far as I'm concerned, nobody will think anything of seeing anyone smoke, except for those who can't tolerate smoking in general. Our visiting relatives enjoy visiting "the shop" which is a new building in a nice suburban shopping center. Most of the people I know do not smoke but buy jellies and other products.

That would be so weird to me. I forget that marijuana is legal in some states. So can people who don’t live in Co but are just visiting go buy pot or gummies in a shop? No wonder those RV parks and camp grounds are so busy. :p

Perhaps they could also check if there was an unusual amount of water used like say, in the middle of the night.

Bentonville Police Use Smart Water Meters As Evidence In Murder Investigation | 5newsonline.com

Court documents show investigators believe James Bates cleaned up the murder scenebecause of the amount of water he used in a two-hour window. Police said they got that data from the smart water meter at his home, which, according to the city utilities department, takes a measurement every hour of how much water is used.

5NEWS spoke with Heath Ward, the executive director of Springdale Water Utilities, which uses meters similar to those used in Bentonville. Ward said Springdale’s meters can read data continuously or do a spot reading and then send back that information to a central server.

"If a customer has a problem, a specific problem, and suspect they have a leak, we do have more technology that actually monitors and takes a reading 24-hours a day for 30 days and you can see the habits, the water habits of the house," he explained.
isn't technology awesome?

JMO - thanks for posting

That's freaking awesome!

Agreed. And also that he left early in the am to set up (and use) hotel rooms that weren't needed until that evening. It makes zero sense.

And this is simply an aside, but who lays on top of a motel bedspread? I'm not exactly a germophobe, but the first thing I do in a hotel room is pull the bedspread down.... they wash those things maybe once a month.. just sayin'
Right? Have you seen where they put a blue light on them? You know what shows up the most...so gross!! But my DH never used to even think about things like that before I came along to save him from such cooties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname