Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m no expert, but it appears to me that the video recording was required by law and that same law requires that the video goes to all parties. https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/default/files/2016a_019_signed.pdf
I found the bill text on this page: Videotape Mental Condition Evaluations | Colorado General Assembly
It does say that if the psychiatrist deems the video recording harmful to the defendant (mentally or physically) before or during they recording they can decide not to record/stop recording and note it contemporaneously in report with explanation. Any partial recording and report would still need to go to the prosecution and the court.

Based on this, it seems to me that any recording made should be shared with all parties by law. I guess the defense will argue it is harmful to LS so should not have been recorded in the first place. The law seems to leave that determination of harm to the psychiatrist as well as the responsibility not to record if it is harmful. I can’t imagine the psychiatrist will now say that they continued to record even though they felt it was harmful to LS. Sounds unlikely to be a successful defense tactic but they are doing their job. JMO

It seems the Court is going to consider similar arguments here since he requested both the State and the defense to provide their reasons to him for consideration.

@JuliaDonovanTV
Replying to
@JuliaDonovanTV
Both sides were told to submit briefings on why they should/shouldn’t be allowed to watch the recording, then the judge will decide.
^^sbm

....& she is getting ensure ... normally if you didn’t eat what was give to you in jail you just went without .

I’m going to guess she’s lying about the jail giving her Ensure. If she’s consuming it at all it’s by choice with any commissary funds she may have and she’s presenting it to the judge this way for sympathy or to just support her narrative that her food is being messed with. But I doubt she is even doing that. She doesn’t seem like the hunger strike type. That’s not a slam to her looks or anything in that way that’s more to her “not wanting to feel uncomfortable” thing. JMO

editted for typo and wording

Last edited:
I will repeat that I am no expert (important caveat) but I 100% agree. JMO The defense is doing their job to buy time and protect their client from scrutiny but this is all just time wasting nonsense. Necessary for a fair justice system, but used as stall tactics here and in many cases. So be it. I believe in a fair justice system. Protections are important. Her time will come.
Yea it will but omg .:::when will how many times will she get to pass go before she really sees reality

I understand people are impatient and want LS convicted ASAP. But GS was killed less than 8 months ago. LS was arrested less than two months after he died so that's only between 6 and 7 months ago. That's not long ago for a murder trial timeline.

In the theater shooting in Aurora CO in July 2012 where 12 died and 58 others were injured by gunfire (70 injured overall), J. Holmes was arrested outside the theater. His trial began in April 2015 and ended with a guilty verdict exactly 4 days short of three full years after the shootings.

In the Jodi Arias case, Travis died in June 2008. Arias was indicted for his murder the next month. Her trial began almost 4 1/2 years later in December 2012. She was convicted in May 2013, nearly 5 years after Travis died.

Once cases come to national attention, a "rocket docket" may not be possible. But so far, this case hasn't been that dragged out (even for a non-prominent case.)
JMO

I understand people are impatient and want LS convicted ASAP. But GS was killed less than 8 months ago. LS was arrested less than two months after he died so that's only between 6 and 7 months ago. That's not long ago for a murder trial timeline.

In the theater shooting in Aurora CO in July 2012 where 12 died and 58 others were injured by gunfire (70 injured overall), J. Holmes was arrested outside the theater. His trial began in April 2015 and ended with a guilty verdict exactly 4 days short of three full years after the shootings.

In the Jodi Arias case, Travis died in June 2008. Arias was indicted for his murder the next month. Her trial began almost 4 1/2 years later in December 2012. She was convicted in May 2013, nearly 5 years after Travis died.

Once cases come to national attention, a "rocket docket" may not be possible. But so far, this case hasn't been that dragged out (even for a non-prominent case.)
JMO
Sad to say I have personal experience with this. No national attention but a horrific crime with minors involved. Arrest about two years ago. Still no trial date Apparently this is the norm, but Covid made it worse. As much as I believe in civil rights (which I really, really do), the timeline sucks for the victims and their families.

Sad to say I have personal experience with this. No national attention but a horrific crime with minors involved. Arrest about two years ago. Still no trial date Apparently this is the norm, but Covid made it worse. As much as I believe in civil rights (which I really, really do), the timeline sucks for the victims and their families.

Oh, absolutely. I'm sure it's very difficult for loved ones. I didn't mean to minimize that. But particularly with a case like this in the press, neither side wants to risk mistakes. And that costs time. And even without attention, serious felony cases take quite an awful lot of patience to watch.
JMO

I think we all just have to sit back and be patient.

Tee is going to pull out all the stops. She's going to use every single trick she has up her sleeve to work things in her favour and to drag things out. Do not be surprised by her antics.

She knows she's guilty. She knows what she did. She is not delusional in that sense. She will spin this and spin this as long as she can.

I have complete faith in the DA and his Team. Tee will go down, it's just a matter of time.

I find Tee fascinating. I really want to get in that head of hers. I am dying to hear the results of her competency evaluations. I feel bad writing that because a sweet little boy got murdered by this monster and I find her fascinating albeit in a morbid way. It's like slowing down to look at the carnage of a horrible car accident but you can't look away. You want to see, and yet you know something really awful happened to someone.

MOO

I will admit to being entertained by her calls and stories. But at the same time, I wish people would stop giving her a platform instead of trying to get their own 15 minutes.
TS is performing, but very badly because she is not doing her homework. It's hard to say which impairment she is portraying, but my guess is one with symptoms of intrusive, scattered and racing thoughts. PTSD perhaps? These symptoms are criteria for the disorder. But they occur when triggered by painful stimuli, and the thoughts are based in fact and truth, NOT fantasy and lies.

Leigh Egan is a responsible journalist who reports with integrity. That is not the case with TS's preferred YouTubers. Several admit to writing to her in hopes of scoring a call from TS. My issue with it was best described by kittythehare.

I admit to listening because I know that certain personalities tell on themselves, that is well written. Tricia refers to it as leaking her truth. Throughout history, LE relied on the ability to read between the lines to solve crimes and catch taunting perps.

Last edited:
One thing I feel in my bones...TS is never going to take a plea deal. IMO she thinks she knows what is best above her attorneys, and she thinks a jury is going to buy what she is selling. Reminds me of Arias. “No jury will ever convict me”. I also think she will insist on testifying. All MOO.

I think we all just have to sit back and be patient.

Tee is going to pull out all the stops. She's going to use every single trick she has up her sleeve to work things in her favour and to drag things out. Do not be surprised by her antics.

She knows she's guilty. She knows what she did. She is not delusional in that sense. She will spin this and spin this as long as she can.

I have complete faith in the DA and his Team. Tee will go down, it's just a matter of time.

I find Tee fascinating. I really want to get in that head of hers. I am dying to hear the results of her competency evaluations. I feel bad writing that because a sweet little boy got murdered by this monster and I find her fascinating albeit in a morbid way. It's like slowing down to look at the carnage of a horrible car accident but you can't look away. You want to see, and yet you know something really awful happened to someone.MOO
bbm - "I feel bad writing that ..."

Please don't feel bad Tealgrove. I think it's a fascination based in disdain, not admiration which is a big difference. Know thy enemy. Over this evil, you want good, truth and justice to prevail.

One thing I feel in my bones...TS is never going to take a plea deal. IMO she thinks she knows what is best above her attorneys, and she thinks a jury is going to buy what she is selling. Reminds me of Arias. “No jury will ever convict me”. I also think she will insist on testifying. All MOO.

BBM

I agree she wouldn't take a deal but I also don't think she'll be offered one. What can the state offer? DP is off the table. (Yes, she could get it since the crime was before July 1 but on the day of arrest DA said it was off the table, that the governor would commute it anyway. No way the state would spend the extra money and everybody knows that.)

There's nothing more to offer. Life with the possibility of parole? No way, at least IMO.

TS is performing, but very badly because she is not doing her homework. It's hard to say which impairment she is portraying, but my guess is one with symptoms of intrusive, scattered and racing thoughts. PTSD perhaps? These symptoms are criteria for the disorder. But they occur when triggered by painful stimuli, and the thoughts are based in fact and truth, NOT fantasy and lies.

Leigh Egan is a responsible journalist who reports with integrity. That is not the case with TS's preferred YouTubers. Several admit to writing to her in hopes of scoring a call from TS. My issue with it was best described by kittythehare.

I admit to listening because I know that certain personalities tell on themselves, that is well written. Tricia refers to it as leaking her truth. Throughout history, LE relied on the ability to read between the lines to solve crimes and catch taunting perps.

I agree with you about Leigh Egan. My comment about people giving her a platform was definitely about the youtubers asking to be added to her call list. That’s just poor taste.

BBM

I agree she wouldn't take a deal but I also don't think she'll be offered one. What can the state offer? DP is off the table. (Yes, she could get it since the crime was before July 1 but on the day of arrest DA said it was off the table, that the governor would commute it anyway. No way the state would spend the extra money and everybody knows that.)

There's nothing more to offer. Life with the possibility of parole? No way, at least IMO.
Exactly!

I don't think DA Michael Allen would even offer her a tissue to blow her nose.

I agree with you about Leigh Egan. My comment about people giving her a platform was definitely about the youtubers asking to be added to her call list. That’s just poor taste.
TS is unable to manipulate or control the narrative with Leigh Egan. Hopefully, her attorneys muster the ability to control their client.

BBM

Yes I suppose you are correct. In states where there is no death on the table, I guest most would take their chances at trial and appeal it out hoping for some error. That’s interesting.

Yes I suppose you are correct. In states where there is no death on the table, I guest most would take their chances at trial and appeal it out hoping for some error. That’s interesting.

Yeah, and lots of plea bargains don't involve murder so the DP or lack thereof isn't relevant
anyway. If someone is facing a bunch of drug trafficking charges and very well might get 30 years or worse, that person might go for ratting out a higher up to get 15 years with x charges dropped. The state gets that dealer off the street, might be able to get more with the ratted out info, and doesn't have to go to trial where there might be split verdicts anyway.

That's very different from LS's situation. The state has no reason to deal if the evidence is as strong as it sounds like it is.
JMO

Saw where fires got worse with the winds sure hope you are safe !!!! :):)

Thank you; your concern is much appreciated. I went to a doctor's appt. yesterday in Pasadena--I think there's a fire just north of that city. However, we live south and west of Pasadena, so I think we're okay for now, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal