Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m getting a heavy premeditated vibe. Like BM dig a grave site Friday night. Stopped work early on Saturday to murder SM. Then returned to the grave site Saturday night to bury her.

The kids are out of town.
There is a full moon to help operate at night without headlights or a flashlight
The Broomfield job was moved a couple times
The best friends panic and knowledge that the marriage wasn’t honky dorie
The staging of the bike

I’m also thinking BM’s phone has some interesting search histories.

The one thing that is interesting is that even with the EVI, SM hasn’t been located. It could be because the area is so remote and challenging to cover. Or it could be that a car that doesn’t belong to the Morphews was used.

Likely, computer, and not his own (used friend's one).

When BM first put out his video the one thing about it that I cannot shake is it sort of came across to me that BM was talking to someone that he knew had taken SM in a sort of revenge against him. The part about "no questions asked" and things like that struck me that maybe BM knew who took her and he knew the reason why. Like maybe BM owed some people a lot of money and has not paid up yet.

This could explain why BM quickly made some land/money based transactions shortly after SM disappeared.

The thing that does not make sense though is even if BM knew he was involved with schemes or other illegal things then once the other party ends up kidnapping your wife, you would think at that point BM would just fess up everything to LE if BM was really not responsible.

So I have brushed it aside quite a few times but I keep wondering if its possible someone he was in cahoots with past illegal activities may have taken her for revenge on BM or to get money owed to them.
Is there any possibility of that?

No. A young kid, possibly. A wife, unlikely. MOO.

I messaged Lauren to see if she was working on any more stories. She is, but it doesn’t sound like anything is imminent.

Attachments

• 75728639-266B-42DF-995F-FE0BA1C35EB6.jpeg
    75728639-266B-42DF-995F-FE0BA1C35EB6.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 133
Completely speculative thought on a different time line. Somewhat driven by CBI removing a carpet sample from the residence that matched carpet in the bedroom. Please keep in mind that the carpet info is still conjecture but it looked like a carpet sample and posters here matched it to the bedroom pics from Zillow.

What if:
-BM is working Friday night at the Salida job site and doing who knows what else that evening
-BM returns home late at night Friday and SM is asleep in bed
-BM murders SM in their bedroom Friday night as she sleeps
-There is a Freudian aspect of BM saying he last saw SM asleep in bed
-It also explains why bedroom carpet samples would be collected
-Saturday morning BM logs into SM’s Facebook and messenger app on his phone because he needs to pretend to be SM while he is away at the Salida job site with MG but he can’t take her phone with him because the pings will give it away . (that Saturday login would then be what generates the new friend requests to BM’s contacts at midnight on Saturday)
-BM realizes that it’s going to be really hard to work and keep up the facade of messaging as SM, so he calls the days work off early.
-MG even mentions how ‘off’ BM was on Saturday.
-Maybe after MG leaves the job site, BM returns home, powers off SM’s phone, returns to the Salida job sit and buries SM’s phone in the dirt thinking it won’t be found and concrete will be poured on top in a day. BM is now back in Salida and spends the day in town.
-BM is keeping up the fake messages when the friend then says they should ‘FaceTime’. BM panics, and stops all communication with the friend and then she in turn panics.
-Saturday afternoon BM is in town to see JP and been seen by others to build an Alibi.
-Saturday evening is a thorough house cleanup and bike staging.
-BM high tails it out of the house before Sunrise just to be safe in case anyone comes knocking or anything.

The one thing I question in that scenario is when BM would dispose of the body. I’d think it would be ASAP. Maybe even doing it on his property Friday night/early Saturday AM.

I also can’t quite tie in the ‘tools’ which I think are important. And what would BM be cleaning in the Broomfield hotel on Sunday given how much cleaning time he had before Sunday.
I think the perp disposed of the body temporarily, as you say, on Friday night.
At this point, most people know that dirt can be exacted with accuracy and so can tires, etc. from whatever was used to dispose of her body. I'm not thinking tools were bleached in the hotel room but there's always that possibility unless, you know, and I don't want to type it out.
Something(s) were bleached in the hotel room. Something(s) in the home were bleached.
Who else would've would've had the opportunity to do so in both the home and the hotel room?
JMO

I am reticent to agree. When I listened to AM talking about this on PE, he said without hesitation that LE said they saw no signs of a struggle in the home and they had not located the phone. I don't think they would be dishonest, even less likely with him MOO? Thoughts?
I understood AM to say he fired off questions: --sign of struggle? phone located? and the investigator replied, no. IMO, LE was not confirming or denying. I don't believe LE would disclose this info during an ongoing investigation. MOO

If I recall, that personal item was recovered prior to the first search warrant being executed on the house.

Personally, I’d be stunned if LE had Suzanne’s phone. There are things that phone can tell them that phone company records cannot, and I imagine BM felt he had to get rid of it.

Coupled with what LE allegedly told Andy, I just don’t think the odds are all that great.
BBM - what things? I thought they could access the phone records from the carrier and get content like text messages, location data (if turned on) cell phone pings from the tower - if Gmail or photo sharing is used-pictures ? I would like to learn more about what the actual physical phone has that the carrier and apps wouldn’t have? I’m thinking of Kelseys smashed phone and I thought they had a lot of information from it without the actual phone?
JMO

I think he was only made aware of any hotel video from LE. My guess he parked to AVOID detection but may not have considered cameras on nearby businesses....

Guessing there's footage of him going in and out with a container he was forced to explain. Thus oversharing with his court of popular opinion that of course he knew about cameras.

Also I'm wondering if, during a time of unprecedented protocols due to Covid, he may have been able to check in remotely/ virtually. Contact free. If he'd spent the $92 on a ROOM FOR HIMSELF ONLY, housekeeping would've cleared out his presumably- chlorine- soaked towels and leftover papers/trash! Good thing he didn't! (I still think he was BANKING on housekeeping cleaning the room before JP got there. JP's name on the door????? What's up with that??? ) (I also think BM may have extended his reservation, not just two nights, but three, adding Saturday night. I think he left Salida some time after midnight, arrived in Broomfield in the early morning hours, washed his tools in a towel lined tub, disposed of chlorine, took a quick nap, then left for the wall site, to do his 30 minutes of working, using those selfsame tools, to dirt them up. He might've been out of THAT bed at 5am..... I don't think for a minute he was in that room up until the late afternoon calls.)

Pretty sure LE is going to have plenty of evidence (geolocation and video) to show he was nowhere near home prior to 5am on Mother's Day.

Busy B.

JMO

BBM - what things? I thought they could access the phone records from the carrier and get content like text messages, location data (if turned on) cell phone pings from the tower - if Gmail or photo sharing is used-pictures ? I would like to learn more about what the actual physical phone has that the carrier and apps wouldn’t have? I’m thinking of Kelseys smashed phone and I thought they had a lot of information from it without the actual phone?
JMO

What evidence does the physical phone itself hold, that can't be revealed by carrier records?

In considering my own phone, the only thing I can think of are the content of my text messages, and any "notepad" type apps - that aren't synced to any account that I can access anywhere else. Although the content of the text message could be recovered by whoever they were sent to (that didn't have anything to hide, and didn't already delete them).
Literally everything else on my phone is synced to my google account and all of that info can be accessed from any device.

I have no idea what kind of phone SM had (apple or android) and/or if she synced everything like many people do because it just makes life simpler.

I don't think LE has her phone, but if they do, it'd sure be interesting if where her phone last pinged and where it was found are different.

If the found item is her helmet, if it's still buckled, ha!

JMO

I think the perp disposed of the body temporarily, as you say, on Friday night.
At this point, most people know that dirt can be exacted with accuracy and so can tires, etc. from whatever was used to dispose of her body. I'm not thinking tools were bleached in the hotel room but there's always that possibility unless, you know, and I don't want to type it out.
Something(s) were bleached in the hotel room. Something(s) in the home were bleached.
Who else would've would've had the opportunity to do so in both the home and the hotel room?

JMO
BBM
Bingo!

Overnight Ive pondered the possibility of the bike helmet being the extra personal item and that it may have been planted the day after the bike was found. If it was planted after, here is my best guess of what could have happened.

On Sunday morning very early around 5am as he is making his escape to the Denver area, he takes the final steps to take the bike and the bike helmet from the house and he throws it in the back of his truck as he heads out. It is still dark outside.

When he gets to the creek area, he is nervous and in a rush to do it quickly so that no cars happen to drive down his road. He grabs the bike from the truck and does a side toss off the roadway and quickly jumps back in his truck to head to Denver. Totally forgetting the helmet is still in back of his truck because it was dark outside and he did not see it.

About 1/3 of the way to Denver he remembers the bike helmet and now he has a problem because he needs to get rid of it. He contemplates just tossing it in the trash somewhere but in order for his story that she went on a bike ride to hold more water he decides he will plant it near the bike area in the next chance he gets. Afterall he lives near there. That chance doesnt come until he is searching with his friends and AM and they cannot get right near the bike but they get close enough where he thinks it will make it look more like a cougar drug her off. With him not realizing that the chin straps that click to hold on a bike helmet stay on your head really good and unless you unclip the chin strap they usually dont come off. Wearing a backpack during searching would allow the helmet to be hidden even if others are searching with him. Either he himself or ask a friend could have helped.

I suppose he could have planted it the same morning he threw the bike off the side of the road too. I feel that helmet was planted one way or another like the bike was. If the extra item found was indeed the helmet.
All JMO

Last edited:
What evidence does the physical phone itself hold, that can't be revealed by carrier records?

In considering my own phone, the only thing I can think of are the content of my text messages, and any "notepad" type apps - that aren't synced to any account that I can access anywhere else. Although the content of the text message could be recovered by whoever they were sent to (that didn't have anything to hide, and didn't already delete them).
Literally everything else on my phone is synced to my google account and all of that info can be accessed from any device.

I have no idea what kind of phone SM had (apple or android) and/or if she synced everything like many people do because it just makes life simpler.
Through verizon, I was able to get the text message details between two of the phones on my account. they sent a printout. I guess it depends on the carrier/phone/syncing/ - if the phone was using their home wifi during saturday's wedding conversation, I would think they would know that by examining the router/network at the house? There was a cell phone expert on Kelsey's thread I think? would be good to have their input.
JMO

I think I understand why BM moved. We moved into a beautiful house, it is huge and has all the bells and whistles. But it is too big for us. If myself or my husband disappeared the house would have low energy. I would move too. I think without Suzanne that house has very little energy and is drab. I am also sure they are tormented by media and it is better for his daughters.

I can't say BM moved for the same reason but i know for a fact if my wife was missing for this amount of time and i was innocent, there is no way i could sleep in the same house and the same bed without her, it would just be a reminder to me every night that she's not here. I would 100% move at least temporarily if i had the funds to do so. I don't personally believe BM is innocent but him moving out is imo no way shape or form a red flag by its self.

MOD NOTE:

This post lands at random... (snipped from a previous post)

Rumors are not allowed. "Word on the street", "I heard", Plunder and reddit are NOT approved sources.

You folks know that posting rumors (and info from unapproved sources) is a violation of TOS.

Moderators and Admins are very busy and we get very tired of having to say the same things over and over again when every single member is responsible for familiarizing themselves with TOS and posting appropriately. CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member