Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remembering this, from I think PE's first video--

Suzanne had been messaging her friend, about a wedding (all day, up to 9pm when it abruptly stopped)...

Some time later there was more communication but it was off...

Putting those together.... I think Suzanne was messaging her friend Friday night... until 9 pm....

The next morning, I don't think SHE was communicating.... someone else was, and not necessarily with her device.

JMO

Yes! I just went on a run and while I was running I had a similar thought.

I think that all afternoon long text convo into the even was Friday night and the abrupt ending of that conversation is when SM was killed.

I think 8am Saturday is when SM’s phone was turned off/destroyed because that is when BM was leaving to go to the Salida job site.

I think BM knowing he had to leave and couldn’t take SM’s phone with him, logged in to various apps as SM so he could keep tabs on people trying to contact her.

IF that is the timeline, I think BM disposed of the body Friday night, which could possibly be the noise the Salida neighbor heard at 11;30 (only it was Friday and not Saturday). And then Saturday’s weird behavior, asking MG to rake up the site, and quit work early is because he didn’t want to be anywhere near that site. And likewise he spent the rest of Saturday in town so he could be seen and because he couldn’t stand the thought of going home based on what he did to SM.

That seems a bit over the top.

jmo
ITA
IMO I thought it was pretty bold of Chris to come out with that Tweet considering we don’t know the true reason Lauren is not in Salida today. It may have been a private reason like a doctor appointment or something.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe she's distancing herself from the search as a hopeful way to interview him at the memorial service making it appear to B that she isn't taking sides? Just a thought.
Ah you have such a nice positive take on it but I
have to disagree.
IME, a reporter who covers an ongoing story such as this actually lives and breathes the story,
24/7, always plotting and planning the next scoop or interview. She's been consumed with this story since she was first assigned it., IMO.

To have her re-assigned at this point and at such an exciting juncture is disheartening, from her standpoint. <modsnip>
I believe in letting them know when you, as a viewer, and the consumer of their news, are dissatisfied. It's what helps to steer their coverage. It's only FAIR to LS, as she's been
practically our sole consistent news person following this story. Thanks to her, we've gotten coverage and interviews that otherwise would never make the air.
I stand by LS. She should be there today.
moo

If you meant the PE guys asking folks to call the news station and complain, I agree. I’m shaking my head here because this is her job and there is zero indication it’s for any reason that’s negative. IMO
Exactly what I'm referring to.
I also agree, we have no idea why she's not covering the search today.
That's between her and her boss.

I remember it being stated here that BM had retained an attorney for himself and another for his daughters. But I don’t associate that information with AM. I remember this talk of separate attorneys from threads very, very early on.
I thought it was on a PE interview that AM said that about the attorneys. It was the same interview where he talked about him moving into the condo? I’ll see if I can find it.

Wouldn't 11am colorado time be a great time to have a saturday wedding in indiana?! Maybe that's what he was off doing to "make the already dead wife happy".

Some random banal comments on the couple that in hindsight coupled with the friend realising Suzanne didn't attend the virtual wedding or whatever made her panic slightly.

Jmo

Exactly what I'm referring to.
I also agree, we have no idea why she's not covering the search today.
That's between her and her boss.

I agree completely.

I'm focused on Suzanne.

Not on the reporters covering her disappearance…the reporters aren't the story.

Don't get me wrong, LS has done some fantastic work on this case, and deserves recognition for all her efforts, which have yielded great results and earned her some really key interviews.

But as far as reporting on the searches that are happening right now, KRDO could assign Ron Burgundy to this case and I'd be fine with it, as long as SM's case is getting attention.

JMO.

I would be very surprised if Chris was asking people to call the station without speaking to LS first and getting the low down on why she is not there. I could be wrong but for him to put out such a statement i would think he had spoken to LS and was very disappointed with the reason she was not there. I don't personaly think its a big deal who covers it, i just think it would be ideal if LS was to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname