Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at Chris' picture of the river rock wall, and you zoom in on the right side, there looks to be a disturbance in front of the wall (river side of the wall.) I'm referring to the small rocks, not the boulders. There is an area that looks like the small rocks were moved further away from the wall and there is just sand there. Thoughts?

ITA
IMO I thought it was pretty bold of Chris to come out with that Tweet considering we don’t know the true reason Lauren is not in Salida today. It may have been a private reason like a doctor appointment or something.

Someone stated in the Comments section of Chris’ tweet that Lauren may have had a scheduling conflict she had forgotten about.
Since Lauren has been on the PE show, I imagine that Chris has her number. I doubt he would have Tweeted that without first talking to Lauren.

Looks like the searchers have some beautiful weather for their first long day of looking for Suzanne. 68 degrees at 11am MDT and sunny. Not too hot and not cold. Auspicious start.

It's humbling to see how many good souls there are, wanting to help, wanting to reunite a tragically murdered woman with her dear brother, and willing to offer their time, money, and energy to do just that.

* For those who would like to try out the free search app that the searchers are using, which tracks them in real time, go to your google or ios apps provider and look for the ArcGIS Explorer app by Esri. (edited to add: instructions and links are several posts above, which I just saw. You guys are on the ball, as always).

Last edited:
If you look at Chris' picture of the river rock wall, and you zoom in on the right side, there looks to be a disturbance in front of the wall (river side of the wall.) I'm referring to the small rocks, not the boulders. There is an area that looks like the small rocks were moved further away from the wall and there is just sand there. Thoughts?

The images he posted are not clear enough for me to see anything out of the ordinary. Just a bunch of large rocks on sand. If LE believes there's a reason to return to that same property and search that area again, I suppose we'll hear about it very soon.

jmo

I’m betting Chris knows exactly why LS isn’t in Salida today. Not sure if he’s helping her cause though.

JMO

This isn't LS' cause.
This case is about SM, not the reporter(s) that are covering her story.

Of course we all appreciate the fine job she's done, but this is getting completely off topic now.

This isn't LS' cause.
This case is about SM, not the reporter(s) that are covering her story.

Of course we all appreciate the fine job she's done, but this is getting completely off topic now.

Thank you for this. For those of us who don't follow Twitter, don't follow local news media, and rely on WS as our primary source of info about this (and other) case(s), the name LS really doesn't mean much. I am just interested in the facts, the search, what happens and that SM is found.

MOD NOTE

As it pertains to Lauren Scharf, all of us here at WS have greately appreciated her dedication to this case - no two ways about that.
We also hope she continues to provide great coverage and being a voice for SM.

For reasons unknown to us, she is not covering the search today, and she did not elaborate in her tweet about it.
There are however, several other professional journalists that are there, and providing updates. Let's stay focused on SM, the case, and the search and leave the questions about why LS isn't there today, off the thread.

Thanks everyone :)

For those that want to see Andy’s search avtivity, he is Andy313 on the ARCgis search app. He is searching around Puma Path road perimeter/tree line and along the 225 towards Fooses Creek. This area is his main area of focus as he gets started in the search for his sister.

The images he posted are not clear enough for me to see anything out of the ordinary. Just a bunch of large rocks on sand. If LE believes there's a reason to return to that same property and search that area again, I suppose we'll hear about it very soon.

jmo
Chris said when he posted the picture that we should zoom in on the right side. I double-clicked his picture to get a larger picture, then snipped and saved it, then pulled it into Paint so I could get a better look. I think a hole could've been dug with a backhoe and "something" dropped in it, and covered up with sand. I think she is buried there. IMO.

Lets see if Barry shows up to search now that he has been invited.
I'm not fully caught up on this thread yet, but I did hear yesterday's podcast on youtube.
Bur i couldn't help it: this comment made me chuckle out loud on the bike in the gym, lol.
For those that want to see Andy’s search avtivity, he is Andy313 on the ARCgis search app. He is searching around Puma Path road perimeter/tree line and along the 225 towards Fooses Creek. This area is his main area of focus as he gets started in the search for his sister.

I looked but didn't find a directing to the map, maybe because I'm in Europe?
Does someone have one for me?

Andy's making tracks big time! Go Andy!

I bet I'm not the only one who's curious if a certain brother of a certain missing woman might be kind of sort of looking around near her home. But since that's private property, I'm thinking that while it would be so very tempting, no he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member