Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Address: 8366 LONGHORN DR , UNINCORPORATED CHAFFEE COUNTY, CO
Submittal Date: 7/6/2020 Submittal Complete:
Date Issued: 7/6/2020 CO Date:
Parcel #: R368336100071 Permit Type: DRIVEWAY PERMIT
Legal Desc: LOT 8 LONGHORN RANCH SUBDIVISION PLAT 437342 SUB413 REC 459984
Owner: MORPHEW BARRY Contractor:

The County issued him the driveway permit on 07/06/20.
Building Department Permit Detail
Also might explain how adament BM was about closing his R/E sales transactions just after SM disappeared.

JMO, MOO

Last edited:
After an emotional week; one riddled with purpose and drive, i'm feeling so melancholy. I never drove by the new lot, I remember seeing he was granted a permit for a well and for a driveway.

Personally, I am concerned for the daughters and their emotional well being as this comes to light. Thank goodness for Andy, he will help bring closure. Sadly, this also brings a cascade of horribly sad and terrifying days ahead for the family.

I feel the sadness and have a pit in my stomach, I can't imagine what those that loved her are feeling.

keep your head up. You just gave more of yourself than 99.99% of the population will ever give. You’ve been a part of finding justice and peace and may have forever changed the future of LE investigations for missing persons. Your part was every bit as important as anyone that was involved in the search. You heart and probably sweat is left on the CO soil and SM’s family will have closure because of people like you.

Last edited:
here' my theory-
BM offered in writing to purchase the lot before SM's disappearance. But he tells seller/developer he can't close til June sometime due to closing on Indiana house.
But later asks seller if he can plant these trees
on the lot before closing, cause I don't want the trees to dry up in their pots and the lot would be improved with a few trees even if I never close.
Seller says fine, help yourself.
So theoretically BM could have buried her there right after doing the deed.

If LE finds an invoice dated after Suzanne died but before he bought the new property, and had a report that he planted them before, would that be enough for a search warrant?
Is that why LE was so excited when AM turned over the invoice?

I’m so freakin’ confused :confused: I was under the impression that the property AM trespassed on was the riverfront property as there was the photo of AM sticking a pole by the rock wall and a cadaver dog close by with his/her handler although the handler was not in the photo. It was said that the dog made three passive hits on THAT property. Was AM also at the Salida Longhorn Ranch property with a cadaver dog? TIA!

When one has the will and a Bobcat way, many things can be simultaneously true.

I’m not convinced the trees are relevant, but I think this is how they could be if they are.

If you plant trees on top of a body, you make it very unlikely that the body will ever be found.

No construction equipment is going to accidentally dig there while a property is being developed.
Does anyone know if trees ARE planted on this property? I don't see any in the photos shown on MSM so far?

didn't we hear on PE that they had senators on call to help? I think they used one to get a Judge to issue a warrant. IMO
I hate to sound like a negative Nellie, but I also didn't like this comment on PE either. A defense attorney will spin this as a bogus warrant if it was obtained by some political figure with pull, and not because of probable cause evidence and an affidavit from law enforcement or other evidence. Just saying.

I’m so freakin’ confused :confused: I was under the impression that the property AM trespassed on was the riverfront property as there was the photo of AM sticking a pole by the rock wall and a cadaver dog close by with his/her handler although the handler was not in the photo. It was said that the dog made three passive hits on THAT property. Was AM also at the Salida Longhorn Ranch property with a cadaver dog? TIA!

This article has a picture of AM supposedly standing on the property. Another picture with a dog and (I suspect) it’s handler. It’s not clear if they were there at the same time.

FBI called as scent of human remains discovered on land owned by Suzanne Morphew's husband | Daily Mail Online

ETA: further thoughts

Question. If her remains are found will a next of kin have to identify the body? Or is that just bypassed in these cases, due to them testing the DNA obviously
No, absolutely not. It's likely there is no part of her that would be discernible at this point, if she is in those rocks (or under a tree etc)
dna and dental are likely. moo

I’m not convinced the trees are relevant, but I think this is how they could be if they are.

If you plant trees on top of a body, you make it very unlikely that the body will ever be found.

No construction equipment is going to accidentally dig there while a property is being developed.

Yup, and saplings on a new/soon to be developed property aren’t unusual. And you’d also want to bury the body where the ground won’t be disturbed during construction

I don't know for sure but I believe AM said that he had witnessed the dogs at the "other" ie, Longhorn) property make full hits, so I guess I assumed he was there.

I hate to sound like a negative Nellie, but I also didn't like this comment on PE either. A defense attorney will spin this as a bogus warrant if it was obtained by some political figure with pull, and not because of probable cause evidence and an affidavit from law enforcement or other evidence. Just saying.
I agree. I thought it seemed reckless. Like a renegade cowboy who needs to be reigned in. Hopefully it won’t be of any significance in the end.

Question. If her remains are found will a next of kin have to identify the body? Or is that just bypassed in these cases, due to them testing the DNA obviously
She's allegedly been dead 4 months and about 20 days. No one would be able to visually ID her, it would require the M.E., DNA testing, and possibly dental charts. IMO

(sorry, not trying to be upsetting or graphic, but it's science).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey