Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
The damage is done, and a narrative has formed that’s going to spread all over social media.

It’s already happening, and I get the impression that we’ll see some sort of an apology at some point.

I think he thought they were close, and he let his frustration get the better of him.
I notice that the first PE video from tonight has been trimmed to just 2.5 minutes long...

I’m so so torn. Half of me thinks this is butterfingers city, with balls being dropped everywhere. The other half of me thinks the FBI is involved, so there must be a method to the madness. I would guess the sites of interest would be handled differently if the press coverage were not a factor.

I disagree. LS made it very clear (as did the hosts) that she was appearing on her own, and not representing Fox21.

It's a fact that former KOAA reporter Sam Kraemer also appeared on DWAP, and Dateline without repercussions to his career.

IMO, the common denominator here between any turmoil with this case for AM, PE, and LS is the CCSO.

Seems many did not take kindly to LS for calling out the Sheriff for not communicating with media about this case.

Perhaps Fox21 knew in advance that CCSO was not going to respond to evidence by the search effort (but LS would keep asking why). IMO, Chris will be feeling some backlash from Chaffee County. (It will be nothing compared to what a young, female, reporter doing her job received).

MOO
I’m sure that’s true about his interviews with Sam Kraemer. Like I said, I just don’t like him. But since the Kelsey Berreth case, (a year ago) he has degraded into a jealous plagiarist. I know because I look at his blog. I’m not saying that this interview between DWAP and LS by itself was the cause of her being removed. Maybe I did not make that clear. And just because she made it clear she came on her own doesn’t mean everyone listened.

Last edited:
MOO ~ that the CCSO made the press release today in response to the Mail article about remains found. I think they wanted to be clear that NO remains were found, (yet). That is not to say that they won't go looking further at the recently identified sites. But I would think there might be an element of not wanting to show BM too much of their hand. If they need to arrest him, they would like to do it on their terms, not with BM fully locked and loaded in anticipation...I really hope they check out that freaking odd as hell tree......MOO

I see no signs of that.

It didn’t stop the Sheriff from bringing in the CBI and FBI very quickly.

They created a task force that has made it clear through their actions, that he is the prime suspect in his wife’s disappearance (multiple search warrants).

He has lamented his life being ruined, and becoming the focus of a national story that has not painted him in a good light.

He has accused law enforcement of screwing up the investigation, and basically claimed they are out to get him.

I think he’s right about that. They are, and they will.
I agree there's no outward appearance of impropriety, no less corruption. I'm not alluding to anyone in particular.
You just never know about connections. BM may know someone who knows someone where the tail is wagging the (cadaver) dog.
I not a conspiracy theorist but I also never forget that it only takes two to have a conspiracy.
Sometimes people just need to cover their own, *ahem*, interests. :)

Something to keep mind....
Suzanne and Barry are not locals born and bred.
It was noted at the vigil the absence of familiarity with Suzanne so for me that makes it highly unlikely Barry was involved in any kind of 'old boys club' or conspiracy within the forces etc.

Realistically they were/are outsiders.

Whatever is stalling the investigation isn't to do with conspiracy involving or protecting BARRY imo.
It's something else.
Be a damn travesty if its simplistically egotistical incompetence.
Not seeing anything to make me feel warm and fuzzy about LE today.

:oops:moo

The latest PE has left me confused and frustrated. I can easily say I don't know what all this means.

I do think it's all coming together, though. It may not seem logical or make sense to me, but I must have faith that there is method to the madness.

I have a really difficult time believing BM could be part of some big conspiracy. I just don't think he's got much to offer other than nice toys. Additionally, I think his intelligence level hovers around ~low normal. He may think he's Big Man On Campus. That doesn't make it so. Plus, pesky Occam says the simple solution is usually the right solution. So, this is yet another Spousal Murder Theatre episode, driven by what all of those seem to be driven by: Greed and seeing murder as a better solution than a divorce.

MOO

I don’t think this is LE conspiracy or that they are impeding the investigation.

Things slip out sometimes via PE & AM (tree invoices, locations, blanket, tarp etc) and we don’t know whether LE sanctions that & whether PE are being kept 100% in the loop. Maybe they are in that loop and LE want to try luring a perp to an “unguarded” site.

Last edited:
Something to keep mind....
Suzanne and Barry are not locals born and bred.
It was noted at the vigil the absence of familiarity with Suzanne so for me that makes it highly unlikely Barry was involved in any kind of 'old boys club' or conspiracy within the forces etc.

Realistically they were/are outsiders.

Whatever is stalling the investigation isn't to do with conspiracy involving or protecting BARRY imo.
It's something else.
Be a damn travesty if its simplistically egotistical incompetence.
Not seeing anything to make me feel warm and fuzzy about LE today.

:oops:moo
Are there cops from IN at the Chaffee County police station or in the closer environment? Do we know?

The Denver Area Job - Any proof?

Many of my family members work in construction and tree service. Before my brother started his own company he worked for a bridge building company. One thing I know for sure is, if you are working on any Interstate, State, County, or Municipality road project, there is a huge process from bidding the job, being awarded and accepting the job. Once that is done, there are soil tests, geological tests, surveys and a lot of red tape in the form of filing plans, being awarded permits, and depending on the work, there could be traffic rerouting. Once a job is completed, it must pass a series of inspections and you aren’t paid until your work passes inspections. If Barry’s company built a retaining wall along side a roadway, for the DOT or Denver local transport agency (RTD-Denver) there is a paper trail to be reviewed and if it wasn’t up to code, I highly doubt Barry could just circle back around and fix it at leisure. When you are doing govt work, you don’t call a crew of ragtag workers you have little confidence in just a day before the project is supposed to get underway — and if he cancelled the work due to family emergency their must be paperwork filed explaining the delay.

I’d love to know if anyone can dig up documentation of all of this. I tried but I don’t know enough about the job site, other than Daily Mail saying it was a project through RTD-Denver per Barry’s statements.

Last edited:
That seems to be the BM landscaping thing. Seems like the things we’ve seen that he has done (riverside beach, all their home landscaping) have piled up rocks as a focus. Overdone for my tastes, but kind of a one trick pony.....
He has no taste for the arrangement of things like rocks etc. I wasn't impressed by the landscaping of his own property. MOO

The Denver Area Job - Any proof?

Many of my family members work in construction and tree service. Before my brother started his own company he worked for a bridge building company. One thing I know for sure is, if you are working on any Interstate, State, County, or Municipality road project, there is a huge process from bidding the job, being awarded and accepting the job. Once that is done, there are soil tests, geological tests, surveys and a lot of red tape in the form of filing plans, being awarded permits, and depending on the work, there could be traffic rerouting. Once a job is completed, it must pass a series of inspections and you aren’t paid until your work passes inspections. If Barry’s company built a retaining wall along side a roadway, for the DOT or Denver local transport agency (RTD-Denver) there is a paper trail to be reviewed and if it wasn’t up to code, I highly doubt Barry could just circle back around and fix it at leisure. When you are doing govt work, you don’t call a crew of ragtag workers you have little confidence in just a day before the project is supposed to get underway — and if he cancelled the work due to family emergency their must be paperwork filed explaining the delay.

I’d love to know if anyone can dig up documentation of all of this. I tried but I don’t know enough about the job site, other than Daily Mail saying it was a project through RTD-Denver per Barry’s statements.

Any job/project Barry Morphew does should be on file in that city or county municipality...I used to work for a large municipality here in TX, as p&z clerk and admin to code enforcement and the only way you get to pull permits is if you are a registered contractor...and here, if you are not registered then you of course can't pull permits which means no inspection ..as so on. City hall will have his jobs in that city/county on file, along with permits he pulled for each. And it's all under his name or dba....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member