Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s going on here? Is this an ego situation or something worse? Absolutely bonkers.

I honestly cannot see how it can be ego. Poor AM is just a civilian desperate to find his little sister. If he finds anything when these agencies couldn't it really should not bother them. I have been highly suspicious of everything going on since the removal of LS.

Lauren called out the sheriff’s office, soon after she’s removed. I wonder how many people in local LE are buddies with a particular fireman.

I continue to believe that the motive for the crime was a financial one.

I do too. I wonder who Barry has roped into whatever shady dealings he may have and if any of them carry a badge.

When did Barry (and Suzanne) first travel to Colorado? Who did Barry meet? What did they do? Any financial transactions on public record (besides buying a house) that could be related?

LE's Chain of Custody. Starts When? (Uh-oh, behind &reading back-azz-wards. Did LE's dogs alert at tree?)
something interesting chris said tonight: (paraphrasing most of it).
if a dog gets a hit, and LE says they have it, and then leaves it without processing, they give up the chain of custody of that scene, by not eliminate it. hypothetically, anyone can come behind them now, and do whatever they want to do.
so, let's say there were multiple people involved here, (not saying there are), and different people get arrested. you know the first thing i would do as a defense attorney? "my client didn't do it! that guy did!" well, how do you know? "because he came in later. yeah, i planted the tree, but then i wasn't around. i left.
it's creating a defense right off the bat.
@swedeheart, creating defense? Yes and no, imo.
LE's Chain of Custody and its attendant obligations to safeguard evd do not start until they have custody/control/
possession of item in question, IIUC.

As your post explained Chris' hypo, LE said 'got it' demonstrating they were assuming custody of evd-dog (to start the CoC) but did not, so left the evd-dog, subject to interference, further destruction, or even removal by others. If so, then LE broke CoC, leaving opening for def atty to argue that somebody else did something to evd-dog in the meantime. My client is not responsible; SODDI did it.

Here AFAIK, LE's CoC has not started. If May 10(?) was date of SM's death, any perp could have hidden remains there (w or w'out that tree) at any time for the past four months.
If LE does not guard that tree tonight, but gets warrant & recovers remains tomorrow Tues Sept 29, then any perp has had only one more day to have done something further w evd, like interfere, modify or remove.

Yes, passage of another one day or two days is additional risk but I don't see it exactly as an LE CoC issue.
If LE's search dogs alerted on that tree today (did they?), maybe def atty could successfully argue CoC should have started then.

As always, welcoming comment, clarification correction, esp'ly from our legal professionals.

Last edited:
Maybe Fox didn’t think Lauren’s spots on Suzanne were resonating with the audience (unlikely), or she was pulled because she is now likely a witness?

Maybe Barry really opened up and made some type of admissions to her that she could testify to (not hearsay.).

BBM. You could be right. Lauren recorded a lot more with Barry speaking. And we all know how that goes whenever BM opens his mouth. The guilt flies out. She also did an interview with MG that lasted an hour and a half. She's probably got a lot of information that may be admitted into a court of law. MOO

Remember a few weeks ago when LS had been somewhat critical of LE? And I thought they were just playing "good cop, bad cop" to make BM feel more comfortable so he can keep talking to LS. In my opinion she was probably onto something big time and had to go.

I grew up in Colorado. That is the most odd and unnatural tree and rock formation possible for the mountains of Colorado. If I were hiking and saw that, I would literally think to myself, 'Why did someone stack rocks near that tree trunk?'

That seems to be the BM landscaping thing. Seems like the things we’ve seen that he has done (riverside beach, all their home landscaping) have piled up rocks as a focus. Overdone for my tastes, but kind of a one trick pony.....

Does BM have compromising photos of someone that pulls the strings? I am the antithesis of a conspiracy theorist but this is whacko.

Yep, I am thinking also, does BM have dirt on someone? I mean he is wealthy, but I don't think hes that wealthy where he can control things to this extent. That or hes like some godfather type!

Does BM have compromising photos of someone that pulls the strings? I am the antithesis of a conspiracy theorist but this is whacko.

Yep, I am thinking also, does BM have dirt on someone? I mean he is wealthy, but I don't think hes that wealthy where he can control things to this extent. Or hes some godfather type figure there.

I never forgot that and why I posted a few days back that it was sounding like BM is the head of some shady organization and has people in his back pocket there. And was hoping LE wasn't part of that, but it really is not looking good right now. For me it began when LS was removed from all this.

Fox Television News has three levels that I have had direct contact with......local, regional and national and a fourth that I haven't....international.. I have found them to be very professional at all levels, but Fox is very attuned to spending their time and money on content that is going to attract the most audience to their brand. They will drop a story faster than a hot potato wrapped in aluminum foil in if doesn't "feel right" to their management. They also have no problem that I'm aware of with one of their reporters saying to them "I'm not happy with where this assignment is going, can I move on to something else?" While it may be disappointing to see a favorite reporter leave a story in the middle, it does no good to try to second guess reasons.
A few years back, I opened by e-mail box to find it full of hate mail by people who had just been exposed to their first knowledge of the story, by a local Fox News lead story in the San Francisco-Oakland bay area and made an instant decision based on gut reaction. One in particular stood out, a gentleman who simply stated "You need to read this to learn what you don't know before you go spouting off in public." I followed his link directly an article featuring me by the national office of Fox, written entirely from recordings of my interviews with the exact same people who wrote the article that he thought was so awful that he needed to put me in my place. I was very tempted to write back to tell him "I know way more than that jerk is telling you" but it's always best to just let things that really don't matter pass on by, kind of like "scroll and roll". IMO

People are giving him way too much credit, IMO.
Agreed. This isn’t some criminal mastermind who’s pulling the strings.

None of this took a great deal of planning or intelligence. I think this was very sloppy, and Barry has merely been lucky to this point.

He knows the land, he knows the outdoors, and he had the tools and knowledge to hide Suzanne’s body.

He likely got one thing right in a slew of errors. I don’t believe it will matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675