Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search for Suzanne Morphew pushes on despite silence from Chaffee County Sheriff | FOX21 News Colorado

Some people in Salida expressed concern about the lack of information from Sheriff Spezze.

“We are such a small town where everyone knows everything. You would be amazed by the secrets the mountains hold regarding this case,” a business owner said.

Another store owner added, “people that have money can do dangerous things, if you get too close to the fire you can get burned.”
Wow

I think local LE considers the outsiders coming in to search as an insult rather than a help. What if they did miss things, how are they going to explain that? It's better for the searches to end, searchers and outsiders to go home and then possibly local LE can miraculously find something that leads to finding Suzanne. Allows them to save face. ALL MOO
But I understood AM had 20 people with him. The majority is from the CO area. The minority is from around the US and farther.

I have to wonder if a tainted bobcat, used in multiple locations, would leave residual scent?

The frustration is palpable.

JMO
And he takes it with him everywhere he goes, it seems (or at least he has the last few days). He won’t let it out of his sight. Or maybe he has just been busy :rolleyes:.

The issue, in my opinion, has been transparency. I have no idea whether the Sheriff’s Department has done a good job with this investigation, but their communication, or lack of, and their transparency, or lack of, have been questionable.
Totally agree with this. I understand how too much info can be detrimental. I support the idea that there are certain facts that must be kept quiet. I've seen the rumor mill play havoc on a case. But the actions of this LE have been raising the hairs on my neck from the beginning. Something isn't right with this. IMO

I think it's possible that PE has stirred things up in a way that maybe hasn't helped Andy, specifically with the Sheriff.

I am not disparaging PE, as I think they have a lot of knowledge and passion and have done good things to help Andy organize and fund the search. But...this part right here, the turnover of a scene and stepping away and letting it go, seems to be delicate, for lack of a better word. I suspect many toes may have gotten stepped on in the process and maybe some passive/aggressive behavior in response is occurring. There seems to be an assumption by Chris that LE owes Andy information about the results of the scenes after Andy has turned those scenes over. I can see how that might rub the Sheriff the wrong way, since the Sheriff has been doggedly determined to say nothing. IMO.

Then again, I could be totally wrong about this. and something else entirely is going on, so take what I opine with a huge grain of salt, please.

Last edited:
The issue, in my opinion, has been transparency. I have no idea whether the Sheriff’s Department has done a good job with this investigation, but their communication, or lack of, and their transparency, or lack of, have been questionable.
Good post!

Normally, I don’t mind the closed lips during an investigation, but this is concerning me now.

LE called in the CBI and FBI within days. I have to believe they have been diligently working this case, and right now, we need to see some sort of proof that they have been. Not some little press release. The public and the family deserve a little more respect than that, IMO.

I’m not usually into an LE cover up, but this has me scratching my head at the moment.

Is this a fruit of a poisonous tree fiasco? Has this been hashed out? Was the search illegal and LE need to find separate legal grounds for search warrant? IF that was the case, would they not be able to protect scene? Not an LE loyalist at all, but I am not ready to jump into a conspiracy theory when they invited in fbi so fast.

Yes, they keep saying AM has the money to dig the holes and replace the tree - appealing directly to the landowner. So I think it's safe to assume the landowner isn't BM.

So we have cadaver dogs hitting at the beach site, the tree, possibly the entrance to a neighborhood, and maybe property that is owned by BM? Are there dead bodies literally everywhere you go in CO?

Maybe it's just in this town. If you won't processes them, I guess they'd start pile up over time.

Cadaver dogs hit there both yesterday and today. Yes, there is a tree that has big rocks around it. Salida LE isn't even processing the scene. Chris and Mike have told Andy to stay at the site and not to leave. They've even proposed that Andy should spend the night there. Andy's not alone there. May God be with them all. Dang! I thought LE was there to help find Suzanne. This is bananas!!

And these are dogs that have found bodies in the past, whose handlers have testified in court as experts. Chris said this is all that is needed to obtain a warrant.

What happened? No explanation of the number 5? No information on Lauren Scharf? No processing of locations that were hit by dogs? Does anyone have a reasonable explanation for the indifference shown here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulob419