Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s just the portion with the friend, TS.

This is a terrible thing the guy goes to work one day and the girls are doing their thing and in a matter of minutes or hours what have you somebody’s family is turned upside down and their whole life is destroyed and turned upside down and I just want them to have closure,” Troy Skinner said.

Skinner is a family friend and has known Barry since middle school. He visited the family twice after they moved to their Colorado home in Maysville. He described the family as a perfect family.

“They were the modern day little house on the prairie, I mean everyone got along in that family.”

Skinner said Barry would go on hunting trips to get away, it was his solitude time and it would re-energize him. During an elk hunting trip with Barry in Salida this past year, Skinner said he spoke with Suzanne about her health and having no hesitations in going on bike rides alone.

“She did talk about her bike rides, she liked it, she felt safe and she didn’t feel threatened on them,” Skinner explained.

When Skinner learned that Suzanne didn’t return from a bike ride, he immediately asked Barry what he could do to help. Unfortunately, in the beginning of the search efforts, his work schedule didn’t allow him to go to Colorado.

“I didn’t actually get to talk to Barry until two or three weeks into the ordeal and the times we have talked it’s not questioning on what happened or anything it’s hey I’m here for you and what can I do for you and letting him know that we care for him and the girls,” Skinner added. “It’s been two months but he’s still broken and the girls are having a hard time. I haven’t spoken with them directly but I’ve asked about them each time. He says it’s just very hard on everybody and you can hear it in his voice when he is talking to ya.”

He describes the Morphew’s as the sweetest people you’d ever meet. Skinner said Suzanne would talk to you like you were the only person in the room. He added that there were never cracks in the relationship.

“If Barry was involved, he would get his punishment and that’s the way it should be, but I would lose all faith in humanity because he just doesn’t have that in him,” Skinner said.

Some thoughts colliding in my head....

If Suzanne broached the subject of leaving, it wouldn't be atypical for a controlling spouse, familiar only with his own motivations, might assume (wrongly) that there was another man. (He wouldn't likely understand why a woman would leave him only for herself.) No one accuses an innocent partner of cheating more than a cheating spouse. Suzanne may have gotten an earful everytime she went into town, got her bike fixed, spoke in a friendly way to anyone, was texting, messaging, etc.

Maybe as of Saturday ending, a frantic spouse hadn't yet settled on the cover story. Went on facebook to see who she'd been talking to, then thought he'd add some friends to create a spectre of admirers.

When he says this thing is the worst thing to happen to him, maybe he means it. Not that she's dead, not that he did it, but that she wanted out, should that prove to be the case. In his limited way, he did love her. He'd been in control for a long time. Wild at heart. Rogue, with Suzanne forgiving him, cleaning up after him. IMO he controlled the money, the family, etc, and he liked it that way. How could Suzanne break that up? He may well have felt that her leaving him would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to him.

Oh, Suzanne, none of this would've happened if you hadn't tried to leave me.

For every action, an equal and opposite action. As she gained courage, he gained cowardice.

And here we are.

We can't find Suzanne, and without her, he is lost. Which is precisely why IMO it happened like this. His image, his life, his lifestyle depended on it.

JMO

Last edited:
If it was only men - He probably couldn’t remember the women so well and found those he did remember were already Suzanne’s FB friends

eta :moo

There is a considerable age difference between AM and SM. I have a sibling that much different in age from myself and I have never looked at who her FB friends are. Chances are great that I wouldn't recognize any of them if I did. IMO

I still think he did the late night work at the riverside property, because he needed the bobcat, right away for body disposal, MOO
Good idea. MOO it could have neen the truck with trailer backing up and the bobcat starting up and going up on the trailer that would account for noise.
At least he needed it hooked up to go to Denver in the morning.

Last edited:

This is a terrible thing the guy goes to work one day and the girls are doing their thing and in a matter of minutes or hours what have you somebody’s family is turned upside down and their whole life is destroyed and turned upside down and I just want them to have closure,” Troy Skinner said.

Skinner is a family friend and has known Barry since middle school. He visited the family twice after they moved to their Colorado home in Maysville. He described the family as a perfect family.

“They were the modern day little house on the prairie, I mean everyone got along in that family.”

Skinner said Barry would go on hunting trips to get away, it was his solitude time and it would re-energize him. During an elk hunting trip with Barry in Salida this past year, Skinner said he spoke with Suzanne about her health and having no hesitations in going on bike rides alone.

“She did talk about her bike rides, she liked it, she felt safe and she didn’t feel threatened on them,” Skinner explained.

When Skinner learned that Suzanne didn’t return from a bike ride, he immediately asked Barry what he could do to help. Unfortunately, in the beginning of the search efforts, his work schedule didn’t allow him to go to Colorado.

“I didn’t actually get to talk to Barry until two or three weeks into the ordeal and the times we have talked it’s not questioning on what happened or anything it’s hey I’m here for you and what can I do for you and letting him know that we care for him and the girls,” Skinner added. “It’s been two months but he’s still broken and the girls are having a hard time. I haven’t spoken with them directly but I’ve asked about them each time. He says it’s just very hard on everybody and you can hear it in his voice when he is talking to ya.”

He describes the Morphew’s as the sweetest people you’d ever meet. Skinner said Suzanne would talk to you like you were the only person in the room. He added that there were never cracks in the relationship.

“If Barry was involved, he would get his punishment and that’s the way it should be, but I would lose all faith in humanity because he just doesn’t have that in him,” Skinner said.

Thanks for refreshing my memory

Even more interesting. If Barry's Mom, sister and the girls were expected to be back at the home on Sunday. It would put a time crunch on anything he had to do to get rid of evidence and make everything at the home appear normal. Maybe Suzanne threatened to tell his Mom & Sister whatever she had discovered?

But on the flip side. If all the women, including his Mom would be at his house to celebrate Mother's Day. Why would he make arrangements to be out of town working for a few days?
BBM.
It might have been his best opportunity. The girls were going to be on the road for a good part of Sunday morning and afternoon. If she didn't plan on talking to them on Sunday or did so early, that could have been the safest window to act within.

I think the fbi/cbi could use the publics' help in much the way the "space archaeologist' in the following ted talk does to look for looters of tombs, to look for burial sites, ground disturbances, BMs bobcat, BMs truck, or physical changes that we flag for further investigation.

Help discover ancient ruins -- before it's too late

They could pull the archived images from quite a large circumference around the area. Like even a couple hundred mile radius and have the public compare the same areas images over the time period from May 8th - 11th.

I certainly would participate. The space archaelologist had lots of participants.... just an idea.

I

This is the whole case in a nutshell, not meaning to ruffle anyone’s feathers, but we’ve had many threads now, dissecting BM, really based a lot on our own experiences.
This interview with BMs friend from childhood should be given much more bearing than our own life experiences. JMVHO
This man knew the whole family well, more than any of us. He refutes much of our speculation, even before we speculate.

I find him believable, I think we could all wish to have friends from childhood, that in itself shows a personality who is worth a continuing friendship.

He isn’t trying to cover up BMs guilt, oh no, he’s just making his personal assessment, from his point of view, someone who truly knew BM and the family...

This is my interpretation MOO

Good idea. MOO it could have neen the truck with trailer backing up and the bobcat starting up and going up on the trailer that would account for noise.
At least he needed it hooked up to go to Denver in the morning.

Neighbors want answers two months into Chaffee County woman’s disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

Branson said while her memory is sharp, her hearing is going. She said that’s why the loud noise she heard, in the middle of the night on Mother’s Day Weekend, sticks out in her mind.

“At the very first I thought it was a truck or something maybe parked in my driveway or something
, but no, it kept running and coming from the same direction over there, and I had been hearing all of this noise for quite a while,” she said.

MOO ~ If this were a crime of passion, he would have confessed by now, and if a good "Christian" he would have long since repented and sought forgiveness. I believe this to be a premeditated, yet chaotic event, planned and carried out, albeit with haste and a narcissist's brain. As this has unfolded, it is apparent that he didn't cover ALL of his tracks. A narcissist blames everyone else. They are also VERY controlling. That's their MO ~ I know that the investigators will prevail. I hope that they scour archived satellite imagery. I once watched a TED talk about a "space archaeologist" that was using satellite imagery with the publics' help to discover trademark image characteristics of tomb looting. It seems that this type of public scouring of images could help LE and the FBI. If the public were given hundreds of thousands of images over the time period of May 8-11th...we could scour the images for changes, for bobcat, dirtbikes, trucks, etc. .... thought this post was lost, so posted another with the satellite imagery piece.... and if anyone else was guilty or complicit with this disappearance/crime, perhaps satellite imagery a la planet.com would be helpful? all MOO

I'm an emergency nurse practitioner that always wanted to be an investigator, lol Truly wish i had time to keep up on every detail of this case...

Last edited:
How an algorithm?
I see AM saying 'friend requests,' which I did not hear before. I thought it only 'people you may know' or 'suggestions' which are I think algorhithms.
I had something interesting happen to me after setting up a FB account the only reason being true crime and nothing nefarious. It is not in my real name, YET, within a short space of time, I had a “friend request” from my brother! I have NO friends on this FB account. I thought perhaps by some quirk I showed up as PYMK to him, he figured out my fake account name and sent out a friend request. Well, guess what? He never sent out that friend request and had no idea what my username was on FB. The only thing we thought may have happened is that because I have my sister-in-law’s gmail address in my contacts and my FB account is linked to my gmail address. What’s also weird is that my brother doesn’t have a gmail account but uses my sister-in-laws and she does not go by the same surname. Go figure. Maybe BM logged into SM’s account with his phone while his email account was open? Just a thought.

I still think he did the late night work at the riverside property, because he needed the bobcat, right away for body disposal, MOO
I'm not so sure he was working that night. I'm leaning more towards getting rid of some sort of evidence and/or doing that "mechanical thing" to his bobcat. Then he hooked up and off he went. JMO-

MOO ~ If this were a crime of passion, he would have confessed by now, and if a good "Christian" he would have long since repented and sought forgiveness. I believe this to be a premeditated, yet chaotic event, planned and carried out, albeit with haste and a narcissist's brain. As this has unfolded, it is apparent that he didn't cover ALL of his tracks. A narcissist blames everyone else. They are also VERY controlling. That's their MO ~ I know that the investigators will prevail. I hope that they scour archived satellite imagery. I once watched a TED talk about a "space archaeologist" that was using satellite imagery with the publics' help to discover trademark image characteristics of tomb looting. It seems that this type of public scouring of images could help LE and the FBI. If the public were given hundreds of thousands of images over the time period of May 8-11th...we could scour the images for changes, for bobcat, dirtbikes, trucks, etc. .... thought this post was lost, so posted another with the satellite imagery piece.... and if anyone else was guilty or complicit with this disappearance/crime, perhaps satellite imagery a la planet.com would be helpful? all MOO
Does anyone know if this is what the PE guys were talking about on their YouTube videos? The satellite imagery? If not, I wonder if this is something they would be interested in doing?

Agree.
Not Christian or not guilty.

Messing in wife's face book at midnight not looking good, so the first option.

"I consider that question to be Barry's attempt to manipulate Lauren and reel her in to his side. If she believes in God, she will believe his ridiculous explanations.

He has just told Lauren, “This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me,” Barry said. “But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

More of what others have pointed out as his "Christian Persona". JMO"

Just thinking out loud... Could BM's questioning about believing in God be some sort of veiled threat to LS? Like if LS were to betray BM by releasing info that she agreed not to, then LS would be breaking her word and lying is not looked kindly upon by God? IMO

I'm not so sure he was working that night. I'm leaning more towards getting rid of some sort of evidence and/or doing that "mechanical thing" to his bobcat. Then he hooked up and off he went. JMO-
I wonder if the “mechanical thing” is the Bobcat Bob-Tach Attachment Mounting System?

I bet the sound level would depend on which type of loader (hydraulic or non-hydraulic) he has. But if you look at the site, it says it’s fast and easy to switch.

The neighbor said the noise went on for quite a while so it makes sense BM did more than swap attachments that night.

BBM.
It might have been his best opportunity. The girls were going to be on the road for a good part of Sunday morning and afternoon. If she didn't plan on talking to them on Sunday or did so early, that could have been the safest window to act within.
My guess is that he facilitated that conversation that asked his sister to drive them....MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24