Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Human remains found in Saguache County - KRDO

I understand that the article is reporting that they don't think this body is related to Suzanne Morphew but isn't it odd that they are conducting an autopsy? These remains surely haven't been there too terribly long if they're able to perform an autopsy. MOO
Is there an other English term for examining skeletal remains? I’m not snarky, English is not my first language.

"I consider that question to be Barry's attempt to manipulate Lauren and reel her in to his side. If she believes in God, she will believe his ridiculous explanations.

He has just told Lauren, “This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me,” Barry said. “But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

More of what others have pointed out as his "Christian Persona". JMO"

Just thinking out loud... Could BM's questioning about believing in God be some sort of veiled threat to LS? Like if LS were to betray BM by releasing info that she agreed not to, then LS would be breaking her word and lying is not looked kindly upon by God? IMO
That’s how I took it too. Maybe it scared LS from further investigating him.

I

This is the whole case in a nutshell, not meaning to ruffle anyone’s feathers, but we’ve had many threads now, dissecting BM, really based a lot on our own experiences.
This interview with BMs friend from childhood should be given much more bearing than our own life experiences. JMVHO
This man knew the whole family well, more than any of us. He refutes much of our speculation, even before we speculate.

I find him believable, I think we could all wish to have friends from childhood, that in itself shows a personality who is worth a continuing friendship.

He isn’t trying to cover up BMs guilt, oh no, he’s just making his personal assessment, from his point of view, someone who truly knew BM and the family...

This is my interpretation MOO

I think the family, BM and SM were skilled at keeping controlling behaviors and the notion of being controlled on the down-low. Unfortunately, some of these behaviors have come to light through other witnesses. MOO

I

This is the whole case in a nutshell, not meaning to ruffle anyone’s feathers, but we’ve had many threads now, dissecting BM, really based a lot on our own experiences.
This interview with BMs friend from childhood should be given much more bearing than our own life experiences. JMVHO
This man knew the whole family well, more than any of us. He refutes much of our speculation, even before we speculate.

I find him believable, I think we could all wish to have friends from childhood, that in itself shows a personality who is worth a continuing friendship.

He isn’t trying to cover up BMs guilt, oh no, he’s just making his personal assessment, from his point of view, someone who truly knew BM and the family...

This is my interpretation MOO

I think the family, BM and SM were skilled at keeping controlling behaviors and the notion of being controlled on the down-low. Unfortunately, some of these behaviors have come to light through other witnesses. MOO
Does anyone know if this is what the PE guys were talking about on their YouTube videos? The satellite imagery? If not, I wonder if this is something they would be interested in doing?
I watched the live chat during the last PE. The hint to the "5" was satellite imagery.

I have been wondering how strong physically SM may or may not have been during her treatments. Would she have been physically strong enough to ride a bike, or ride alone? Would that have been a red flag to LE?
If not to LE, at least to the daughters. I'm sure that they would have told LE that their mom wasn't strong enough to ride yet.

I am also confused that AM was convinced SM was speaking to a friend until about 12:30 May 9th and then communication stopped and/or changed. Now, there has been no mention of this friend again and the statement to Dr. Phil indicates she was seen at 1600 on Saturday with BM getting a sandwich?

Like many of you, I question whether or not it was SM.
For some reason, I really doubt that it was SM. MOO

he’s just making his personal assessment, from his point of view, someone who truly knew BM and the family...

ita agree that he knows the family well and far better than any of us here. But, people can and do change, people can commit the most heinous of things and their loved ones and friends could never have imagined it.
Maybe Barry never had any intention of causing harm to Suzanne, maybe it was a tragic accident, maybe he truly has nothing to do with her disappearance - but the main thing that leads me to believe he is responsible for her disappearance apart from his slightly sketchy story, the reported sketchy behaviour as well as many other things, is how little he has done for Suzanne since she has disappeared, he should be her voice and speaking for her - yet he doesn't even show his own face - he thought Suzanne was worth 26 seconds of his time when she gave him nearly 3 decades of hers.

I respect your thoughts and opinions, I enjoy reading your posts and seeing how you look at things, I wish I could see all the possibilities that you see - but I just can't.

PE guys said BM bought a pink bike.

I’ll try to find link.

ETA

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

“PE guys mention, but choose not to dwell, that purportedly BM bought a bike a week before Suzanne's disappearance.

Interesting.

JMO”

Also mentioned on the 9/27/2020 PE YouTube:

41:25
uh they don't know okay there's been
41:28
talk about a pink bike
41:29
out there okay well we had information
41:32
that there's a pink bike involved
41:35
okay i mean we're not gonna lie about
41:36
that right because
41:38
that's not what we do okay so how that
41:41
fits into the puzzle
41:42
we don't know okay that's up to the
41:44
investigators that's what they do
Perhaps BM purchased a “pink” bike but it wasn’t for SM? Someone else? It must figure in if PE felt it was worth mentioning? For their youngest daughter? Did he give it to SM for her birthday on April 30? Did she tell him she didn’t want anything more from him she was done with him? Was it a make-up gift for something he’d done to hurt her yet again to try and get her to change her mind?

I wonder where that pink bike is now??

Is there an other English term for examining skeletal remains? I’m not snarky, English is not my first language.

I believe the word "autopsy" conforms to specific Colorado statutes governing post mortem examination when the cause of death is not determined by an attending physician. It's just a word to describe that authorities are going to use post-mortem examination to attempt to determine who this person was, and the cause of death. "Autopsy" in this instance has no relationship to the condition of the remains on the day of discovery. IMO

Human remains found in Saguache County - KRDO

I understand that the article is reporting that they don't think this body is related to Suzanne Morphew but isn't it odd that they are conducting an autopsy? These remains surely haven't been there too terribly long if they're able to perform an autopsy. MOO
Autopsy is done to try and determine cause of death and for purposes of identification, no matter the state of decomposition, moo

MOO trying to say "Mothers Day" would bring most grieving men in this situation to emotional halt, waiting for a surge in the throat to subside.
Its clear when AM speaks he has to avoid saying certain things in order not to be overcome.
It has to rub investigators the wrong way to hear BMs breezily speculating on gruesome details of SMs fate.
Exactly! You would expect that BM would be very emotional that the mother of his children is missing.

Perhaps BM purchased a “pink” bike but it wasn’t for SM? Someone else? It must figure in if PE felt it was worth mentioning? For their youngest daughter? Did he give it to SM for her birthday on April 30? Did she tell him she didn’t want anything more from him she was done with him? Was it a make-up gift for something he’d done to hurt her yet again to try and get her to change her mind?

I wonder where that pink bike is now??

"I wonder where that pink bike is now??"

I'll bet it's not hard to recognize, if they find it! IMO

That’s how I took it too. Maybe it scared LS from further investigating him.
I don’t think a reporter gets scared too fast, they could be used to getting threats about all kind of subject matters. But I could be wrong.
I rather think she could have been pulled because she strayed too much, collaborating with channels unapproved by Fox21 on YouTube.
Or because she got some kind of relevant info for LE and they asked her to keep silent about it.

ETA correcting missing letters

Last edited:
I believe the word "autopsy" conforms to specific Colorado statutes governing post mortem examination when the cause of death is not determined by an attending physician. It's just a word to describe that authorities are going to use post-mortem examination to attempt to determine who this person was, and the cause of death. "Autopsy" in this instance has no relationship to the condition of the remains on the day of discovery. IMO
Thanks @Dave F. that’s what I thought, but I wasn’t sure.

Because you see, Suzanne was having a midlife crisis and all of a sudden got interested in other men. This is wat made her drive into the sunset with another yet unknown guy leaving her old life behind. ***Insert HUGE eyeroll here***
Ugg, reminds me of missing Stacey Peterson, wife of Drew Peterson (who is currently serving time in prison for murdering another wife). Drew Peterson has stated that Stacey is somewhere in her bikini with another man. :rolleyes:o_O

Why Primarily/Only Men & FB?
Was it only men that the 'friend requests' were made too?
eta - if it was only men and if Suzanne wasn't the one making those requests - why would someone choose only men to friend request? Is it because those people were familiar to the person who was making those friend requests ? ...
@Lyanna Thx for your post, prompting me to wonder about this. I know some aspects of this have been discussed by our more tech-centric members, so for my post here, first, a major, ginormous, behemoth caveat:
I haven't the least idea about FB or its algorithms, so talking out the wazoo:confused:.

Seems any one wanting to locate classmates/friends from high school 30+ yrs after graduation would find it easier to recognize/track males (less likely to have changed their last names) than females who may have changed last names one or more times. Regardless of whether who is using SM's FB.
If FB user clicked on primarily/only male names, causing FB's algorithm to generate whatever messages
[suggestions/communications?] FB sent in this case from imposter-SM using SM's log-in?

Does that make even one molecule of tech-sense, to explain why FB-generated activity related to primarily/only males?

[Runs away to dodge tomatoes, while techies here do face palm and eye roll. :rolleyes:]

Last edited:
I wonder if the “mechanical thing” is the Bobcat Bob-Tach Attachment Mounting System?

I bet the sound level would depend on which type of loader (hydraulic or non-hydraulic) he has. But if you look at the site, it says it’s fast and easy to switch.

The neighbor said the noise went on for quite a while so it makes sense BM did more than swap attachments that night.

I mentioned this the other day on here. One attachment for a bobcat is an auger which, with an extra attachment, can dig a hole 15 inches wide 10 feet deep within minutes. Using a bobcat with a standard bucket would take quite a while to dig even a five foot trench. By the way, it requires doing a mechanical thingy to attach an auger to a bobcat (I've just rented them a few times for tree planting).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann