Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
What evidence is there that BM's mom and sister would be at his home for Mother's Day. That makes no sense for BM to ask his wife if it's OK for him to go set up a job if his own mother & sister are in town or expected to be in town. BM alleged SM could spend time with her daughters heading home from ID. We know that BM's mom was in Salida late May when she appeared in Tyson's video but not before. MOO
Maybe he decided to let them have a lady’s sleepover, from all we think we know, BM isn’t a masochist. MOO

IMO, it is quite possible that BM has known that SM has been dead, and the futility of finding her body, almost from the beginning, and he knows who killed her. he has been going thru the steps of dealing with this death in the public eye, while also trying to be patient with LE, as they build a solid case.
Heck, we’re impatient, I would be beside myself.
He’s also dealing with all sorts of personal attacks, and some are even indirectly smearing his wife’s memory.

yet he really can’t defend himself without accusing someone. I found a real interesting bit of info in one of AMs recent interviews.
Something BM said.

My speculation, based on my lifetime experiences...
I for one have not seen anything "smearing his wife's memory", directly or indirectly. I genuinely dont know how anyone could find anything negative to say about her (and I dont believe they have).

BM now. Well, where do we begin?

JMO

Barry does not strike me as the type who has a problem accusing anyone. He has accused the police of mishandling the case, he has said his workers were meth heads and not to be believed. He said his brother in law was staging a publicity stunt.

I have not seen anyone smearing his wife’s memory, indirectly or otherwise. There is one takeaway from all media coverage-Everybody loved Suzanne.
Snap! Apologies, hadnt seen your post - my words are almost exactly the same as yours.

The northern part of Sagauche County is extremely close to Salida & Mayesville. Sagauche County also has a lot of Elk hunting opportunity as it’s mostly public land. This story is worth watching imo.

Google Maps

@OldCop & @Topppps -I’d love to get your take on this southern location as you both have had really good thoughts on the terrain and how BM could navigate it in commuting this crime.

The article said the body was found near the Hinsdale County boarder. So after looking at maps, this is approximately where the unidentified body was found. Forgive the large radius as I drew the line with my finger.

Attachments

• AA53F6D9-C60C-42D5-B6C7-06B8BA6DB5DC.jpeg
    AA53F6D9-C60C-42D5-B6C7-06B8BA6DB5DC.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 149
It was also an opportunity to find out what the neighbor's reaction would be, i.e.

Barry, she's not there but there is a strong odor of bleach...

Why is the carpet sopping wet?

Barry, when did you rearrange the family room furniture?

MOO

Does anyone know if she went into the house past the garage? I would ask my neighbor to look through the entire house, right?

I would like to know more exactly where they found the remains... lots of roads that traverse down into Saguache county from the route 50.

The article said in the western part of the county near the Hinsdale county line.

After looking at maps of Hinsdale County and Sagauche County, and using my fat finger to draw the area where those counties touch, it’s most likely somewhere in here:

Attachments

• 1C5A3439-CDAA-4251-A67E-16FC22357069.jpeg
    1C5A3439-CDAA-4251-A67E-16FC22357069.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 45
Does anyone know if she went into the house past the garage? I would ask my neighbor to look through the entire house, right?

I would not expect my neighbor to go through my home. I might ask that they ring the doorbell, try to call, report back about what cars etc were there, but enter? No way. What if something bad had happened? I would call 911, and if the neighbor was able to provide access to my home, I would ask that they stay on the scene so they could let the police in. If all was well with Suzanne, she would have answered the door. If all was not and she was inside, injured, the next step would have been 911 anyway.

The article said the body was found near the Hinsdale County boarder. So after looking at maps, this is approximately where the unidentified body was found. Forgive the large radius as I drew the line with my finger.

So one could take route 50 to 18 to 114 to 8EE or just 50 west to 114 then south to I think 8EE and you could end up near the border of Hinsdale county.... it's doable. We'll see. And, perhaps in the franticness of his state of mind, he got the bobcat, hauled it behind the truck, but ended up dumping her instead of burying her as the terrain would not allow....Just speculation, MOO

Last edited:
I would not expect my neighbor to go through my home. I might ask that they ring the doorbell, try to call, report back about what cars etc were there, but enter? No way. What if something bad had happened? I would call 911, and if the neighbor was able to provide access to my home, I would ask that they stay on the scene so they could let the police in. If all was well with Suzanne, she would have answered the door. If all was not and she was inside, injured, the next step would have been 911 anyway.
Agree. But by all accounts , this isn't how it went down.
Allegedly, the neighbor went into the house.
MOO.

So one could take route 50 to 18 to 114 to 8EE or just 50 west to 114 then south to I think 8EE and you could end up near the border of Hinsdale county.... its doable. We'll see.

I found the general proximity to Gunnison interesting. I think some of AM’s searches were in that area, although I don’t believe they went as far south as the area in the map that I circled. I wonder if any EVI puts BM in that area and that is why it was searched.

ita agree that he knows the family well and far better than any of us here. But, people can and do change, people can commit the most heinous of things and their loved ones and friends could never have imagined it.
RSBM
I totally agree with this statement. Many years ago, in my late 20s I unfortunately got mixed up with hard class A drugs. Rumours soon flooded around the small town I lived in (pop. 12,000) and of course at 1st I denied it. But all of my friends, most who I had known since school days, refused to believe it. They 100% had my back, despite the fact that myself and many of them had enjoyed 'party' drugs since our teens, they never believed that I would cross the line and take that particular drug (heroin for those of you that are curious). Of course eventually I confessed and asked for help and the majority stood by me for the 6 long years it took for me to get clean. But my point is, these people argued my corner and would never ever of thought I would do something like that, they defended me over and over until I finally told the truth.

Kristal Reisinger has been missing in that county since 2016. An article I read said the remains are likely not SM.

IMO

Yes, and according to Wikipeida about her disappearance... "a $20,000 reward has been issued for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for her disappearance". Way more than for Suzanne....

Disappearance of Kristal Reisinger - Wikipedia

Kristal was from Crestone. In my estimation, about the same distance away as SM.

Last edited:
@Hair of the Dog said-
In Andy's extended interview with PE
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
@8:42 he says that TN or one of the kids showed up and they called 911. I always wondered why TN arrived on scene so quickly since he lives 2+ hours away. Now that @NatureLover has advised that TN's mom was part of the camping expedition and that she and BM's mom drove to CO together, it makes more sense. Where was BM's mom during this time? Did she go on the trip too or stay with TN? Were they planning to celebrate MD at BM & SM's home? Thank goodness BM was fortunate enough to have his support system so close when tragedy struck. I am not in any way implying they were complicit in SM's disappearance, I just find the timing interesting, more people dancing to Barry's tune.
MOO
What evidence is there that BM's mom and sister would be at his home for Mother's Day. That makes no sense for BM to ask his wife if it's OK for him to go set up a job if his own mother & sister are in town or expected to be in town. BM alleged SM could spend time with her daughters heading home from ID. We know that BM's mom was in Salida late May when she appeared in Tyson's video but not before. MOO

BTR- When you quoted my post and asked for evidence, it made no sense unless you read the post I was originally responding to.

I was talking to my husband about this case while we drove past the Hotel BM stayed at. I told him about BM saying he last saw SM at 5am but he was driving toward Broomfield at 4am. I said, "he obviously lied about that."My husband said, "no he did not lie..." I said "how" he said, "if he drove from Salida to Broomfield around 4am then he probably dropped her off about an hour away from where he was at 4am on his way to broomfield. This means he dropped her off at 5 and he would pass a test if asked what time he saw her last". I had no response honestly.... Wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl