Found Deceased AL - Natalie Jones, 27, Opelika, 5 July 2020

Let me see if I got this straight...... her car was supposedly covered in brush, thats why ots believed by LE that it wasn't found. But yet it's not an accident or foul play??

I'm sorry, but here in the midwest, that would seem pretty far fetched. You can't make brush cover a car..... and the brush that was there in July, would be whats there now. Can't really see it being like, oh look.... there's a pink car lets grow enough to cover it...

I think the toxicology report will reveal the cause of a death and the situation will be much less nefarious, IMO. But that’s just been my theory since day one. When I heard she was up all night - able to drive from Alabama back to Franklin, and then out and about again pinging on her phone at 5AM I suspected either psychosis or drug use.

Let me see if I got this straight...... her car was supposedly covered in brush, thats why ots believed by LE that it wasn't found. But yet it's not an accident or foul play??

I'm sorry, but here in the midwest, that would seem pretty far fetched. You can't make brush cover a car..... and the brush that was there in July, would be whats there now. Can't really see it being like, oh look.... there's a pink car lets grow enough to cover it...

I know it sounds crazy but weeds and kudzu here in the south actually do grow that fast. Kudzu can grow like a foot a day. :eek:

Yes, it seems that the Sheriff is quite annoyed with the theories and speculation. There are certainly some wild theories out there.
Yes.

Adding a quote from the article

In the video, one of the streamers stated he was told the vehicle wasn’t there yesterday – a claim that has been repeated on social media and even by major news sources.

Henry expressed frustration with the misinformation being spread on social media.

“Everything that has been said – 90 percent is just stuff they have fabricated,” he said Wednesday. “The car has been there, probably from the day she went missing.”

The growth around the car was 7 or 8 feet tall, Henry said. “Whoever fabricated that the car was not there – they caused a lot of trouble,” Henry said.

“There were bushes grown up through the tires, through the bumper. The car has clearly been there for a long period of time,” he said.

The YouTubers speculated someone might have “dumped” the car because Adventures with Purpose were in town.

“Who in the world would try to move a car that they have had hidden for three months?” Henry asked. “If they had moved it, they would have had to have a helicopter to set it in there, and to put bushes around it. Clearly that was just not the case.”

Henry said that the area is being treated as a crime scene. However, “we don’t see anything, as of yet, to suspect foul play.”​

Article originally posted by sleepysleuth :

Sheriff: Jones’ vehicle had been in woods for months

My brain is having a really hard time reconciling the pic of Natalie's car in this article with three months of being around kudzu, brush and trees. Not quite sure what to think now. Btw - I was one of those in the camp of the car having been there months until I saw this pic. What am I missing ? JMOO

Kudzu does grow fast. But I didn't see kudzu clearly in those videos or the photos. If the kudzu was enough to totally cover that car the trees around it would be covered too.

However kudzu does not cover it so fast that they would have been unable to see the car from the road or the air with a helicopter if that area had been searched after she was reported missing. That was really flipping close to the road and didn't cover that car that quickly. That road was a very busy road with constant traffic in that video and no one saw it after it first landed there 3 months ago?

I don't trust that they were working tirelessly. That sounds like a typical BS answer. And this site is the epitome of what he thinks is wrong. Everyone other than LE should just shut up and not talk or speculate about anything. Her mother said the investigators even hung up on her when she called and wouldn't talk to her.

The comments from locals at the bottom of the article are very interesting to say the least. They worked tirelessly to find a woman they had presumed ran away? Sure they did.....

I’m on the fence about both sides. How did no one see that car if this area had been searched at the beginning??

But also, how could someone have moved her badly decomposing body there? Wouldn’t it have (for lack of a better term) fallen apart? It’s been months in the summer heat. Her body must have been severely decomposed at this point. (I hate to be so morbid) But I just don’t see how anyone could accomplish that without it being obvious that her body had been planted there.

My heart aches for her family. I hope they get the correct answers and can start to heal. RIP Natalie.

Not sure what I think about the sheriff’s statement linked above. IMO, he could have been more professional. He stated someone fabricated the story that the car wasn’t there the day before & must have been dumped...I don’t think someone necessarily fabricated this wild story and in effect it caused this major problem for LE as he implied. I feel it was more ppl who had travelled down that busy road countless times never noticed the car there, honestly thinking it wasn’t there before. I also think the sheriff’s additional comment on pretty much how ridiculous that theory is was uncalled for. (And I support LE!).
I think in the end, what is important is Regardless if the car was there 3 months, 3 days, or 3 mins before being discovered, a young lady was taken from this earth too soon; she left behind many who love her. Time will reveal whether this was a tragic accident or something far worse.

Family of missing Georgia mother found dead in car believes she was abducted
Snipped-BBM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...ay/R534MY4GW5ATVCJFEHH3NBY77A/?outputType=amp

We found no reason for us to believe it was foul play,” Sheriff Ross Henry said.

Jones' mother doesn’t agree. She says her daughter was in a custody battle and others had made threatening comments. She believes she was abducted and also can’t believe the car wasn’t found when search parties looked through the same area.

“I know we had 10 cars out and everyone of them passed that spot where her car was found,” Gordon said

Exactly. And now the articles linked above confirm it. Now the mystery is how was it dropped there unseen? My understanding is the owner of the property claims the car was absolutely NOT there that morning. If true, this had to be done in broad daylight. Ready to hear more!

I haven't seen an interview or statement from the property owner - do you have a link?

That car looks very clean for being in the forest for three months. Hmmmmm I would expect there to be animal and plant debris on it.
exactly
Kudzu: The Invasive Vine that Ate the South
Kudzu_USDA.jpg

that vine would be up inside the engine and the whole undercarriage as well as the top IMO. I do not believe that car was there the entire time. Do we have any images of it sitting as found ?
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back