Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about done with this timeline that's being thrown out there.
Andy goes on national TV and says he's,Barry, rambling down the road texting people at 4 A.M.
MG says she thinks she hears his truck at 4a.m. and gets in a panic like all right we got to get going and by that time you know he's gone and then the phone calls comes into this person who says hey get the crew together i'll meet you up there and by that time they're on the road around 11 00 a.m sunday and so by that so it's between 11 and Nancy cuts her off.
That's just one discrepancy that's being thrown out
I'm beginning to think that Barry's telling of things is the correct one <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s another short NG podcast up. This one is only 11 minutes long.

According to Chris, Barry called Gene not long after Suzanne went missing. He said “Gene, you know I loved your daughter. It doesn’t look like she’s coming back, but I need you to sign off on some guardianship paperwork.”

Gene responded, “what do you mean you LOVED my daughter?” Chris says this was a huge red flag to the Mormon family.

Mike goes on to talk about how strange Barry’s behavior is, and contrasts that with Elizabeth Smart’s father, who was leading the charge despite being viewed as a suspect.

BREAKING: Did Suzanne Morphew Hubby speak of missing wife in past tense just after disappearance?

I don’t know - personally I think it’s plausible. When my husband drives up, the dogs know the sound of the car and get excited. When my neighbor pulls up, I know he is home, sounds can be very distinctive.
Yes I get that and know the sound of my husband’s car and my daughter’s too and can tell them apart. That’s not what I meant...I agree that she could recognize the sound of his truck but wouldn’t she be asleep at 4 am and if it was loud enough to wake her up then WHY did he just pull up to her house at 4 am and then leave without doing anything? And if she heard his truck wouldn’t she call or text him and say hey were you just outside my house? It’s just weird and feels like there is a LOT of other information missing. :confused: IMO

Edit to add maybe that’s another reason he didn’t want MG to turn over her phone. Maybe she did call or text him and ask him if he was outside her house? And then he started texting her about the job in Broomfield. The phone pings and phone calls/texts will be so important. I don’t understand how he could say he left at 5 am and Suzanne was asleep when he had to know LE would be able to see he was on the road texting before 5 am. Or could Andy have been told MG heard BM’s truck at 4 am and he thought the texting started earlier than it did? But still if BM left at 5 am he couldn’t have been at MG’s house at 4 am. Well he could have been but shouldn’t have been. Suzanne would have wondered where he was all night and doubt she would have gone to sleep if he wasn’t home. It doesn’t compute.

Last edited:
Hmmk, then you never have been that exhausted. Losing night of sleep and charging on does it.
100% agree. Last year, when my little sister was killed, I was going nonstop for a week. Everything was thrown on me to handle because my mother could not function, plus dealing with the tragedy with her young boys. I would certainly hate for someone to judge me on my appearance that week.

I can’t fathom what her brother must be going through, and I definitely can not judge him on his appearance. What I can say about him is that I think he’s a brave soul that has taken on a monumental task of trying to find his sister.
JMO.

100% agree. Last year, when my little sister was killed, I was going nonstop for a week. Everything was thrown on me to handle because my mother could not function, plus dealing with the tragedy with her young boys. I would certainly hate for someone to judge me on my appearance that week.

I can’t fathom what her brother must be going through, and I definitely can not judge him on his appearance. What I can say about him is that I think he’s a brave soul that has taken on a monumental task of trying to find his sister.
JMO.
Hugs Gigi and very sorry for the loss of your sister. “To be absent from the body is to be present with our Lord.”

Absence for Presumed Death?
... I believe previous posts said BM was stuck with the house for 7 years (time needed to declare SM dead?). But now he is selling it—is this because he obtained guardianship for the IN house sale?...
@SallyWolff bbm sbm Yes, 7 yrs in some states.
Just FYI. Five years in CO. Requires ct procedure.
As always, welcoming comment, clarification, correction, esp'ly from our legal professionals.

CO R.S. Title 15. Probate, Trusts, and Fiduciaries § 15-10-107. Evidence of death or status
"(e) An individual whose death is not established under paragraphs (a) to (d) of this subsection (1) or under section 15-10-106.5 who is absent for a continuous period of five years, during which he or she has not been heard from, and whose absence is not satisfactorily explained after diligent search or inquiry, is presumed to be dead."
bbm Colorado Revised Statutes Title 15. Probate, Trusts, and Fiduciaries § 15-10-107 | FindLaw

There’s another short NG podcast up. This one is only 11 minutes long.

According to Chris, Barry called Gene not long after Suzanne went missing. He said “Gene, you know I loved your daughter. It doesn’t look like she’s coming back, but I need you to sign off on some guardianship paperwork.”

Gene responded, “what do you mean you LOVED my daughter?” Chris says this was a huge red flag to the Mormon family.

Mike goes on to talk about how strange Barry’s behavior is, and contrasts that with Elizabeth Smart’s father, who was leading the charge despite being viewed as a suspect.

BREAKING: Did Suzanne Morphew Hubby speak of missing wife in past tense just after disappearance?
bbm
What loathsome words to say to a man about his only daughter.
Smdh.
Good point about ES' father.

No wonder LE are giving BM the side eye.
They need to put more pressure on him.
The Moorman's deserved to have a man who truly loved their sister and daughter.
Sadly, BM has come up very short.
Imo.

Another interesting note from the latest NG podcast.

Chris believed that Andy was in fact told by CBI that Barry refused a polygraph and computer voice stress analysis, as Andy asked him “what’s a CVSA?” That’s an acronym only a cop would use.

As we all know, Barry claimed he wasn’t even offered one. Lauren says that she’s talked to several employees, and they were all asked to take one.

The point being here, Barry is a lying liar who lies.

There’s just no way they wouldn’t ask him to take those tests.

JMO.
So sorry for your loss of your little sister, Gigi.
Heartbreaking. (((HUGS)))

Last edited:
Where is MG?
I think it was either ND or SD. That’s a really good question about the house, what do you think?
@EggSalad Just jumping off your post.
Has anyone seen or heard "South Dakota?"

Or only seen or heard "S.D.?"
When I saw someone post here she was in S.D., my mind immed'ly went to San Diego, California.
No reason to think that, but I did.

bbm
Maybe that intent was only to place himself at that location (cellular 'ping' data)... the phone was likely powered on at tha time... but powered off during when SM was being disappeared on-route.

Okay but why??? Am I missing something? It would make more sense if he was dropping her off or picking her up or knocked on her door or called/texted her that he was there. But MG said she heard the truck and knew it was BM and then he left which makes no sense to me. And is it just me that thinks it’s rude as **** to go to someone’s house unexpectedly and wake them up at 4 am unless it’s an emergency? I don’t care if it is your boss. And doesn’t she have a young child? I don’t know why I’m hung up on this one thing any more than any of the other weirdness going on but I obviously am. ;) Maybe it just sounds shady and incomplete.

In my opinion, LE have full access to:

1. precise GPS data from the Ford truck
2. precise GPS data from the Bobcat loader
3. an enormous amount of cell phone data including ping data, call data, text data and actual text contents
4. Statements of anyone and everyone that BM called, or who called BM, between may 8-12, 2020.
5. minimum of four highway traffic cameras, coming and going
6. three speed cameras on I 25 through downtown Denver
7. numerous hotel security cameras, both interior and parking lot
8. numerous business security cameras
9. LE recording of the exact time of arrival at CR 225 just off US 50
10. all e-mail accounts of BM
11. all financial transactions of BM and SM
12. All social media, including email and messaging
13. all home security data and imaging

It is highly probably that LE had examined very little bit of this by the time of the slab (or beach) search. However, more than four months have passed since since that search concluded with no connection to this investigation being found. That property was searched by independent cadaver dog less than two weeks ago, resulting in a second cadaver dog search with LE. Again, no connection to this investigation was found. The family home has been searched by the CBI first, and then the FBI several weeks later. While no results have been announced, the extensive photos published yesterday tend to reveal an intact dwelling, right down to photographs in uniquely personal locations.

There is literally "mountains of evidence" piled up in this case, yet it does not appear that an arrest is imminent. In his ONLY news conference, Sheriff Spezze described that the investigation would start at the house and expand outward. I would like to believe that is the plan, and LE is still doing just that (expanding outward).
IMO

Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff

IMO
I’ve read all the threads and could have missed it. Any thoughts or speculation on BM’s clothing, shoes, from that weekend? Wondering if any was collected in evidence or possibly he destroyed? Just my thinking and wondering where they might be as I don’t recall...

JMO.
Sorry @Gigi3 for what you have been through. Hugs to you and yours.

bbm
What loathsome words to say to a man about his only daughter.
Smdh.
Good point about ES' father.

No wonder LE are giving BM the side eye.
They need to put more pressure on him.
The Moorman's deserved to have a man who truly loved their sister and daughter.
Sadly, BM has come up very short.
Imo.
I just hope GM will be around to testify at trial some day. Otherwise this statement won’t likely be admitted. It is hearsay but there is an exception if GM testifies, in that it is a statement by BM. However if GM is not around to testify and be cross examined, it would likely be excluded under the rules of evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value