Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well CM on PE keeps saying code 33. In police radio it means clear the channel, emergency traffic only but in Healthcare means a pregnant mom is in need of immediate care. As he likes to talk in riddles, think of the rumors that could get started if someone interpreted that the wrong way.

Was just going to comment on the 33. In the CB world it means the same thing, clear the channel and do not talk.

Some professional staging has been done. (I'm in RE and recognize some of the tale tell signs)
This is not a "lived in" home listing imo. This is a vacant home imo.
I wonder if the closets and cabinets have been cleared out. I expect so.
I wonder what will be done with the furniture when the house is sold.
Barry has moved into a condo last I heard and must have bought or rented new furniture as it appears the PP house is still furnished with what was already there.
moo

Not that I would know for sure just by looking at a home (so I'll take your word for it) but I feel like it's probably empty too. Which really makes me wonder who packed up their stuff AND more importantly, what did BM do with SM's stuff. If he believes she's still alive then he would have taken her stuff with him to be ready for her when she comes home. I don't think he did that or if he did, it was only for his daughters' sake. I really really wanna know what he did with Suzanne's things!!!

Also, If your the one calling the 33, it does mean I need help or I'm in an emergency
This sounds more plausible. I'm sure code 33 has some personal meaning to Barry and Chris is needling him with it.

It could be related to firefighting or maybe even Suzanne. Whatever the case, I'm sure we should stay tuned for the answer.

Last edited:
Some professional staging has been done. (I'm in RE and recognize some of the tale tell signs)
This is not a "lived in" home listing imo. This is a vacant home imo.
I wonder if the closets and cabinets have been cleared out. I expect so.
I wonder what will be done with the furniture when the house is sold.
Barry has moved into a condo last I heard and must have bought or rented new furniture as it appears the PP house is still furnished with what was already there.
moo

I've said it before and still believe that BM's listing of the residence on Monday (with the worst photos possible) following a Friday broadcast of Dr. Phil Show was nothing more than a display of BM reacting, being completely irrational, and unhinged. I can just hear him screaming, demanding the listing agent "publish today!"

There's really no reason why BM could not have waited a couple of weeks for the professional staging services and well-lit photos we see today -- finally including the kitchen and guest towels in the bath (versus the single, used bath towel depicted earlier).

MOO

ETA: AM and others appeared on the Dr. Phil Show a couple of days after concluding a 500+ volunteer, boots on the ground, search for SM in Salida.

Last edited:
There's a new DA in Colorado District 11:

Colorado Other - District 11 Election Results | Times Herald

I've long been of the opinion that we wouldn't see an arrest prior to the election.

There's no guarantee this will make any difference, obviously.

Fingers crossed Sheriff Spezze will be gifting BM with a set of shiny bracelets for Christmas this year!

JMO.

Here is DA elect Stanley's resume, from her campaign website (Meet Linda page) with courtroom experience highlighted.

EXPERIENCE

State of Colorado — Hearing Officer

April 2017 - January 2020

Responsible for conducting quasi-judicial administrative law hearings for adjudication of license revocation and suspension for driver's, liquor, racing, and other licenses regulated by the Department of Revenue, as well as support for the Executive Director in tax hearings.

● Collect, examine, and analyze documents, reports, and testimony.
● Weigh all evidence presented to reach a logical conclusion.
● Issue rulings by communicating both verbally and in writing using clear and concise language.
● Extensive knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations.
● Work with multiple jurisdictions in a professional manner
● Training and management of new employees.
● Prepare presentations for training and present to other employees
● Manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to strict time restraints

City of Pueblo — Municipal Prosecutor

January 2016 – January 2017

As the first municipal court prosecutor, I was assigned to start-up the prosecutions for the City of Pueblo including review of all cases, conduction pre-trial conferences, investigation, interviewing witnesses, issuing subpoenas, and conducting trials.

● Develop all policies and procedures for Municipal Court prosecutions utilizing input from multiple agencies.
● Collaborate with other agencies and professionals in development or revision of current laws, rules, and regulations.
Prosecute all cases in Municipal Court cited by police, code enforcement, animal control, parking enforcement, building codes, and sales tax.
● Conduct investigations of cases in preparation for trial by identifying, locating and interviewing witnesses.
● Collect, examine, and analyze documents, reports, and witness statements
● Participate in a team environment for successful resolution of cases.
● Investigate and prosecute all liquor board violations in the presence of the liquor board.
● Defend all appeals filed in Municipal Court through extensive investigative research culminating in the drafting of appeal briefs.
● Answer all subpoena duces tecum requests for personnel files and appearances in court through effective and efficient investigation of the facts.
● Answer all CORA requests through investigation of issue and relevant laws, policies, and rules.

10th Judicial District (Pueblo) — Deputy District Attorney

September 2010 – January 2016

Handle heavy caseload from initial charging through final disposition including appearances in the First Appearance Center, County Court, and District Court.

● Handle all cases and supervise investigations of felony, misdemeanor and traffic cases through self-motivated and self-directed initiative with little or no supervision.
● Hold motions hearings, preliminary hearings, revocation hearings, restitution and recovery hearings, jury trials, and all matters relating to the successful prosecution of a case.
● Prosecute cases of a sensitive and confidential matter including cases of fraud and the prosecution of licensed professionals.
● Review and edit reports including affidavits for warrantless arrests and charging documents.
● Extensive working knowledge of all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
● Collect, examine, and analyze evidence including documents, reports, and witness statements.
● Conduct investigations of cases by identifying, locating and interviewing witnesses.
● Adhere to strict deadlines for all matters.
● Manage multiple projects and cases simultaneously while adhering to strict time restraints.
● Utilize time management effectively and efficiently.
● Adhere to strict deadlines for all matters
● Collaborate and provide professional guidance to multiple agencies through effective verbal and written communication skills
● Provide guidance and expertise to multiple jurisdictions and professions.

City of Thornton — Municipal Prosecutor (Intern)

August 2009 – May 2010

Prosecute municipal cases and conducted court trials and other duties as assigned by the City Attorney

EDUCATION

University of Denver Sturm College of Law- Juris Doctorate

*President of the Criminal Law Association

*Vice-President of Student Government

*President of Law School Students for the Right-to-Life

University of Colorado at Denver- Master's Degree in Public Administration

*Program on Domestic Violence

Metropolitan State College of Denver- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice

I've said it before and still believe that BM's listing of the residence on Monday (with the worst photos possible) following a Friday broadcast of Dr. Phil Show was nothing more than a display of BM reacting, being completely irrational, and unhinged. I can just hear him screaming, demanding the listing agent "publish today!"

There's really no reason why BM could not have waited a couple of weeks for the professional staging services and well-lit photos we see today -- finally including the kitchen and guest towels in the bath (versus the single, used bath towel depicted earlier).

MOO
You nailed it, that's exactly what happened.

That was also right after Andy's search ended as well, so Barry was at the end of his frazzled self. Perhaps the searchers were getting too close for comfort and he saw his freedom coming to an end. In other words, legal fees are expensive ...

MOO
ITA. Thanks for noting the timing, in relation to Dr.Phil airing. I had not made that connection. This has me thinking
about other actions that have seemed unhinged, or at least 'off.'

5-9 MG reported BM acting weird at the Salida job site. Nitpicking her raking the beach. Why?

5-9 BM ending the work day unexpectedly early. Needing to go make the wife happy. Was she very unhappy?

5-10 BM, in re Broomfield repair job, changing everything at the last minute. Texting at 4am to set up a crew, for a job that wouldn't start til Monday.

BM did appear to be reacting rather than making sensible preconstructed choices.

Additionally, there are major financial moves being made early on. I'm guessing that he was forced to move fast and furious for some reason. Does he know he needs cash for his defense? Or were there outstanding debts urgently in need of resolution? Both?

Patrolling Puma Path armed with a rifle appears unhinged, in my mind. He had a right to do it, but...geez Louise.

All speculation and moo.

While I watch my state hold up the election results...

I have some good news! Puma Path house is out of hiding and now has kitchen photos!

Perhaps BM is actually better at house staging than he was at crime scene staging. :cool:

https://www.movoto.com/salida-co/19057-puma-path-salida-co-81201/pid_396sqi4s9g/for-sale/

Interesting that in the owner suite bath, that one of the sinks shows a "makeup" towel. I usually see those in fancy hotels or B&B's, never knew people used and displayed them at home. I think BM is looking to airBNB PP. IMO

Hmm, maybe? Did BM tell AM that? Possibly another fairytale from Puma Path.

I guess this will be another detail that won’t be known to us until an affidavit is released, or the neighbor speaks to MSM. She would know if she went to the house before or after talking to BM.

jmo
I guess it could be a fairy tale, but that would mean the whole story about Barry coming up with the bike ride story may not be true. The PE guys were questioning why BM asked her to go back to the house to see if her bike was there. They speculated that this was how the bike story "evolved." They seemed sure that BM called her, then after she called him back she went again to check for the bike. I'm assuming this information came from Andy, who probably was told by BM.

If it was not BM that she spoke to on the phone, then it must have been someone else who came up with the idea that SM went on a bike ride.

Interesting that in the owner suite bath, that one of the sinks shows a "makeup" towel. I usually see those in fancy hotels or B&B's, never knew people used and displayed them at home. I think BM is looking to airBNB PP. IMO
Great catch, yep, I agree, airB&B move. To me that house décor and colors are depressing, but I thought that the first time I saw it also. To each his own...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member