Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Robin McGraw, Dr. Phil's wife, has some kind of DV app that is disguised as something else, if I'm not mistaken (which I could be). ;)

When I think of dark web, I think about BM buying steroids from the dark web or his fellow gym rats buying them from there.

I also think about hitmen advertising on the dark web and being paid in cryptocurrency.

Of course, I have no idea how to get to "that" place.

JMO.
Maybe the dark web is where contractors go who want to hire help under the radar and thus avoid paying market rates, payroll taxes, and state disability insurance? Or possibly where they go to find subcontracting work without meeting all the state requirements for serving as subcontractor?

ETA: I'm thinking not. I'm fairly certain that unscrupulous contractors have been doing such things without the use of the dark web for many years.

Last edited:
I’m feeling a little lost. Would the hiding mean that whoever did harm to SM hid activity on the web? As in possible cyberstalking her, conversing with others for illicit activity, purchasing illegal items, any or all of the above?

Could you spell out a scenario?

I’m a little lost too...but I get the concept of using it for DV support. It’s a shame that something used for such a good purpose would have to exist on the dark web but if that keeps victims safe then so be it. But wouldn’t Suzanne have to have that Tor browser (not sure but that might be only one of several names of dark web browsers) installed to access the dark web? Would BM be able to tell if they had that on their computer or cell phones? Or can it be installed on only one device? Maybe I shouldn’t assume that their cell phones and internet are both on the same account. Could Suzanne have had a secret cell phone or computer in just her name to hide the DV support activity? What if she did and BM found out about it and that caused a fight that led to him killing her in a rage? That would be some irony. And BM was afraid to call for help because he knew LE would find out about the past DV and the support group?

It seems more likely IMO that BM would be the dark web user...and if so, for what purpose? Could be anything from selling illegally acquired hunting trophies like elk heads or antlers, purchasing steroids or other drugs, hook up sites to meet other women...what about searching for ways to dispose of a body??? (Just using my imagination to speculate.) If BM had the Tor browser and LE confiscated his computer and cell phone they would at least know he had access to the dark web. Why would someone have that type of browser installed for no reason? If I was going on the dark web for nefarious reasons then I would want to use a secret device that couldn’t be traced back to me. But is there such a thing as a “secret” laptop or cell phone these days that LE can’t find out about? I doubt it. Unless BM is some kind of evil genius black hat hacker...and that just makes me laugh. :p

I came across another case involving a husband suspected of murdering his wife in the Salida area, links below. There are some striking parallels in the cases.
No discussion, I don't want to de-rail the thread just for those who may want to read.

Chaffee County death case: Filing fights DA’s action – The Denver Post
Search | TheBrightonBlade.com
Mystery at Chalk Creek

Interesting case. The ole “I tried to save my wife from drowning” story was also used in a local case. My husband works with her husband who is a free man who got her life insurance, has already remarried and had a baby. He is under a great deal of suspicion but it appears that he is getting away with it if he is guilty. Not to derail thread either but there is a YouTube show investigating her drowning if anyone is interested.

True crime series investigating 2018 drowning in Perdido Bay

Can you anonymously sell diamond rings on the dark web?

Oh wow clever thought! I bet you can definitely sell jewelry on the dark web, especially stolen jewelry! That seems almost like a minor offense compared to the other criminal activity going on. :confused: I hope he did because if BM was stupid & greedy enough to sell her ring on the dark web and LE finds out about it then that pretty much proves his guilt and seals his fate! MOO

Last edited:
A REMINDER THAT IS POSTED ON PAGE ONE HERE:

MOD NOTE

THIS POST LANDS AT RANDOM:

In the spirit of keeping our discussion forum fact-based, please remember we do not make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack ANY person connected to this case (and this applies to MG, JP, CC, TN, GD and anyone else mentioned by the MSM, LE or other approved source), that has not been named as a suspect or person of interest.

Posting their personal information (OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION NOT INCLUDED IN MSM), including names, addresses, and background data (or insinuations of such) -- even if it is public -- is not allowed.

Sleuthing these people and posting their info here is strictly NOT ALLOWED.

Colorado, Clergy Privilege?
Circling back to possibility of BM having told 'something' to the minister of his church and if so, what he said, under what circumstances, and whether minister can be compelled to testify in court about it, here's the CO. statute.

“(c) A clergy member, minister, …. shall not be examined without both his or her consent and also the consent of the person making the confidential communication as to any confidential communication made to him or her in his or her professional capacity in the course of discipline expected by the religious body to which he or she belongs.”* sbm bbm

https://www.colorado-sex-crimes-lawyer.com/colorado-clergy-communicant-laws-can-i-tell-my-priest-pastor-clergy-the-truth-13-90-107

I have often wondered if Suzanne's ring was a family heirloom from her side of the family? And most importantly, what became of it?

A large stone like that might be marked depending on the origin.

From our friends at Google:

Are Diamonds marked for identification?
In the US, only diamonds that have been graded by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) carry an engraved serial number. The serial number is engraved into the diamond as part of the certification process, and matches the number on the diamond's certificate.

MOO

Last edited:
I've been away from the board for quite a while when I finally remembered "hey, I never heard if they found SM". So jumping back in without knowledge like a dork. Anyway, with the length of time that has gone by, the limited amount of evidence released, and the circumstances of her disappearance, I think it is a good chance that the most popular person discussed as a possible suspect isn't the only person that knows something. However, the other(s), perhaps coworker(s)/employee(s) of the individual feels guilty of some potential involvement and will not come forward because of fear they will face charges. I'm sure that's the way it was explained to them by our individual. So how long will someone hold out from coming forward if they feel they may incriminate themselves. Seems like it is going to take some major occurrence to break this case, an eye witness, a confession, or a body. Everything else seems to have run its course from an outsiders point of view. Hey, it's all this guy's opinion.

Giving that my opinion is this was not a random act that caused SM’s disappearance (robbery, home invasion, kidnap away from her home), I believe if she’s found, she’ll be wearing her ring or her normal routine left it at home.

I honestly don’t see a known bad guy really caring about her ring and attempting to get $ for it. It will never be worth what was paid and I don’t think the bad guy needs the money.

IMO

Giving that my opinion is this was not a random act that caused SM’s disappearance (robbery, home invasion, kidnap away from her home), I believe if she’s found, she’ll be wearing her ring or her normal routine left it at home.

I honestly don’t see a known bad guy really caring about her ring and attempting to get $ for it. It will never be worth what was paid and I don’t think the bad guy needs the money.

IMO
I agree with that, but, we are taking about a guy who has no problem shedding all sorts of things for financial gain. If that ring is sitting in the house, I think he might believe that some cash is better than no cash.

IMO
Agreed. It was likely insured and he’d do better just claiming the insurance on it.

I agree with that, but, we are taking about a guy who has no problem shedding all sorts of things for financial gain. If that ring is sitting in the house, I think he might believe that some cash is better than no cash.
Hmmm....Maybe he claimed the insurance but stashed it away for later?? I wouldn’t put anything past him. MOO

So LE refuses to state that they believe something unlawful happened. Why? Because it would jeopardize the case?

LE is going to continue to leave the door open for mountain lions, eloping boyfriends and suicide?

Why not state, ‘we believe something unlawful happened’ ?

Why the hesitation?

In domestic homicide trials, LE is commonly described by the defense as having "tunnel vision" - a premature focus on the intimate partner, so much so that confirmation bias comes into play and evidence of alternative suspects or scenarios is overlooked or never investigated. BM has complained about this from early days, and LE does not want to say anything that would lend factual support for this argument. They can't claim in court that they are keeping their minds, eyes, and ears open for evidence of alternative scenarios if they declare the belief that SM is dead and name BM as a suspect in her murder. Having every advantage at trial is more important to LE than ANY other consideration. Nothing damages LE's credibility like losing a high profile murder case. Just ask LAPD and Marcia Clark.

I’m feeling a little lost. Would the hiding mean that whoever did harm to SM hid activity on the web? As in possibly cyberstalking her, conversing with others for illicit activity, purchasing illegal items, any or all of the above?

Could you spell out a scenario?

edit:typo
MOO BM’s appearance has changed over the last couple of years. I’m guessing somehow BM was utilizing the dark web (probably with help) to buy steroids. One scenario and MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592