Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it but I think the friends' statements and her nakedness give us a pretty obvious explanation of what happened. No running out after a row. No meeting up with friends or voluntary departure. No drugs gone wrong.
And the fact that it was reported to the police by friends not the partner.
To my mind there are two likely scenarios:
- aggressive rape/sex and strangulation
- an argument and some or all of the above.
And then dumped.

JMO.

I hate to say it but I think the friends' statements and her nakedness give us a pretty obvious explanation of what happened. No running out after a row. No meeting up with friends or voluntary departure. No drugs gone wrong.
And the fact that it was reported to the police by friends not the partner.
To my mind there are two likely scenarios:
- aggressive rape/sex and strangulation
- an argument and some or all of the above.
And then dumped.

JMO.

Her friends were the last to see her on friday at either 6 pm or 7 pm.

The Daily Beast article posted on page 4: 'So when the Texas influencer with over 21,000 Instagram followers—who’d recently expressed her desire to divorce her husband of less than a year—went radio silent on Friday evening after spending Thanksgiving with friends, alarm bells went off.'

Thanks giving was Thursday. This does not say she was with friends on Friday.

Her friends were the last to see her on friday at either 6 pm or 7 pm.

Based on the reporting, it sounds to me like she ate dinner with the friends on Thanksgiving, made plans for Sat night and then returned home Thurs night. I think the contact the friends had with her until 6PM Fri was not in person but on her cell.

I have seen a few people post here in recent posts that her cell was found at her marital home. Where was that reported?

I haven’t seen that (though this one is certainly moving quickly).

@Lusitana while not explicitly stated that I’ve seen, it was very heavily implied that her husband was not there with her at her friend’s house for Thanksgiving.

It is unclear. Husband said she left the house, jumped a fence and got into a car. We don’t know when that happened via a vis the time spent with friends.

Does anyone know what kind of fencing is around her apartment complex? Most fences here in Houston are in the 6 foot high range, kinda hard to 'jump over'.

It would be good to have a decent timeline of where she was and who she was with from Wednesday through to Friday. The articles that I can access (which isn't all) are quite badly written and jumbled. But it would be good to know her movements after spending Thanksgiving with her friends. Where did she spend the night on Thursday?
When did she return to her marital apartment - if she did - on Friday?
Where was her husband on Thursday and Friday?
And to clarify - were her interactions with friends via phone or text or in person?
Where are her belongings - her phone, purse, keys etc? Are they at the marital home? Or missing?

MOD NOTE:
THIS THREAD WAS TEMPORARILY CLOSED TO CLEAN UP POSTS THAT VIOLATE WEBSLEUTHS’ TERMS OF SERVICE (TOS).

This is a tragic case, and high profile one because of the deceased person’s large presence on social media. This thread will attract some new members and we welcome them into the discussion. However, Websleuths has intentionally set high standards about what may be posted on this forum. Here are some specific TOS that have been violated on this thread, and caused the shut down to clean up the violations:

- You may not accuse ANYONE of a crime unless it has been stated by Law Enforcement (LE) that a crime has been committed AND that person has been named as Person of Interest (POI) or suspect by LE. Saying or implying “I think he did it” if that person has not been named as a suspect or POI is not permitted, and will be removed.

- You may not say “I heard xyz” without including the link to the Mainstream Media (MSM) source from where the info came. Otherwise it is considered a rumor and a violation of TOS. If you can’t link it, don’t post it. Your post will be removed.

-You may not refer to or discuss the social media of anyone in this case EXCEPT the person who is deceased. If/when a person has been named as a POI or suspect of this crime, if it indeed is a crime, then we are permitted to discuss their social media, BUT NOT UNTIL THEN. Your post will be removed if you do.

- ALL family members are protected by Websleuths’ victim- and family-friendly policy. We do not allow speculation of family involvement unless there have been statements related to such by LE. If you post in violation of that, your post will be removed.

- Statements by “friends” in MSM may be quoted, but speculative discussion regarding their claims should not go beyond that. We have learned in several recent cases that friends may have part of the story, which they should definitely share with LE. But unless LE indicates that such statements are true, and relevant to the situation, we do not allow discussion of these claims because there is no way to verify or substantiate them. In several well-known cases, innocent people have been dragged through the mud based on remarks made by friends in the media when the the person had nothing to do with the tragedy that occurred.

I hope that has cleared up any confusion about how we operate here on Websleuths. If you are wanting to discuss any of the above off-limits topics, you may only do so in private messages/conversations, that may involve as many as 20 members. PLEASE DO NOT solicit those private conversations on the thread, or those will be removed also as TOS violations.

Members who violate any of these guidelines will have their posts removed. Repeated violations will risk temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

The thread is now reopened. Let’s try to keep this thread open with respect for Alexis and those who are hurting at her loss by posting respectfully and responsibly in accordance with the TOS which we all agreed to when we joined.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Last edited:
Missing Instagram Influencer Alexis Sharkey's Nude Body Found on the Side of the Road in Houston
Snipped
Alexis Sharkey, 26, was supposed to meet up with friends to watch movies on Saturday, but wasn't responding to phone calls or texts, her mother, Stacey Clark Robinault, told news station KHOU11. Robinault said that her daughter was last heard from on Friday evening.

On Saturday, Alexis' nude body was found off the side of a road in West Houston, Houston police said, according to a previous KHOU11 report.

Sharkey's friend Tanya Ricardo told KHOU11 that the influencer spent Thanksgiving at her house and last spoke with her around 6 p.m. on Friday.
——more at link—-BBM
Beginning of a timeline ? So after 6 pm Friday until her body found-IMO

It would be good to have a decent timeline of where she was and who she was with from Wednesday through to Friday. The articles that I can access (which isn't all) are quite badly written and jumbled. But it would be good to know her movements after spending Thanksgiving with her friends. Where did she spend the night on Thursday?
When did she return to her marital apartment - if she did - on Friday?
Where was her husband on Thursday and Friday?
And to clarify - were her interactions with friends via phone or text or in person?
Where are her belongings - her phone, purse, keys etc? Are they at the marital home? Or missing?
A lot unknown.

Timeline:

WEDNESDAY Spoke to mother Wednesday about Xmas plans

THURSDAY Spent Thanksgiving at friend Tanya R’s (per Tanya interview and photo media published reportedly taken Thursday which is the last photo of AS that Tanya knows of). Implied is that AS left Thursday night or Friday. No mention of AS spending the night so I lean toward Thursday night departure but just speculation.

“Tanya said Alexis spent Thanksgiving at her house and they made plans to watch movies with other friends all day on Saturday. The last time they spoke was around 6 p.m. Friday.”
'She was always happy' | Alexis Sharkey remembered by friends | khou.com

FRIDAY 6pm- Stopped responding to messages from friends
“Sharkey’s friends said they became worried when she stopped responding to messages around 6 p.m. on Friday. Hours later, they filed a police report and contacted her parents.”
‘Incredible Loss’: Instagram Influencer Found Dead Along Houston Road

SATURDAY - around 8 am found naked in bush by public works worker.
- was supposed to watch movies all day with friends. Missed plans. No responses to calls/ texts. No one answered door at apt.

the rest of timeline unclear, other than mom said she was told AS left after an argument (with unknown person) ETA: I should say after an argument with person who was UN-NAMED in the media reports (not necessarily unknown)

Last edited:
Interesting that if the body was found already Saturday morning, by the time the husband notified her mom (Saturday) and her mom posted the missing info on FB (Saturday 9pm) she had already been found.

I don’t see her leaving on her own accord and not taking her phone with her as she was very obviously always on social media. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Family desperately looking for missing 26-year-old last seen on Thanksgiving
Authorities said the woman had no visible injuries and believe her body had been there overnight.
snipped from link
—-
So whatever happened occurred after 6pm Friday and her body was dumped sometime Friday evening? That’s my guess
JMO
Agree. Killed/Died/dumped Friday night or early Saturday AM seems most likely.

Unclear when she was last seen in person or her last voice call. Fake texts on Friday are a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortypoundcat