UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The above seems random and looks as if I’m loosing my marbles because admin took down links to seeing red podcasts part 1 and part 2 saying not approved !
Yet many pod casts are posted here :Question who has to approve them ?
bbm
Trishia or the mods at personal discretion, afaik.

By wire we often mean secret recordings . Nothing secret about that .perhaps she wanted a recording of the whole thing after experiencing manipulations from the media ?
I do believe that this is a clip on microphone. This is the type that TV and video producers use so that the persons voice can be included in the footage. I hope that this helps clear this up. I may have watched to many films but a "Wire" is often something taped to a persons skin under clothing and would not be visible.

What Happened to Claudia Lawrence? • Morbidology

This was written in 2019 :
Yet they still keep saying she went out after she arrived home to post a letter ?
They keep saying her phone was switched off at midnight .
Yet they mention things that were revealed years later !?
In this article it says Claudia was captured on cctv the previous day but what about days earlier still ? Was she walking alone every time ?
I'm new and catching up on this case having read much of what is in MSM and so just going over this latest thread. I agree that this article written in 2019 had many inaccuracies:
It says that "We know that Claudia was at home for at least some of the evening – she had spoken to her father on the phone at around 7:30"-We dont know that as she could have been anywhere other than home.
Going back to Claudia and a possible landline and internet I decided to take a look at the outside of the house hoping it might shed some light on what connections she had to the house but bearin in mind that presence of wiring may not necessaily mean they were in use internally.
Here are some photos of the house any thoughts on what you can see
View attachment 273746

View attachment 273748

View attachment 273750
I also notice that Pre 2011 her upper bedroom window has a closed off white curtain but if you look at the much later Google images the curtain has been replaced by a wooden slated window blind??
Is it possible that the new investigations team removed the curtain because of revealing forensic evidence?

What Happened to Claudia Lawrence? • Morbidology

This was written in 2019 :
Yet they still keep saying she went out after she arrived home to post a letter ?
They keep saying her phone was switched off at midnight .
Yet they mention things that were revealed years later !?
In this article it says Claudia was captured on cctv the previous day but what about days earlier still ? Was she walking alone every time ?
I'm new and catching up on this case having read much of what is in MSM and so just going over this latest thread. I agree that this article written in 2019 had many inaccuracies:
It says that "We know that Claudia was at home for at least some of the evening – she had spoken to her father on the phone at around 7:30"-We dont know that as she could have been anywhere other than home.
Claudia Lawrence: Donal MacIntyre questions police investigation

Written ‘proof’ that Claudia did not have a landline?
I have been looking at lots of the internal photos of the interior of Claudia's house and I cannot see any sign of a land line phone in any of the rooms.

I have been looking at lots of the internal photos of the interior of Claudia's house and I cannot see any sign of a land line phone in any of the rooms.
Welcome to Websleuths. Are you Dutch?

I have been looking at lots of the internal photos of the interior of Claudia's house and I cannot see any sign of a land line phone in any of the rooms.[/QUOTE]

You might find it difficult to see a land line phone if there was one as I supect this would have been taken away for forensic analysis.
Where its pretty unusual for a home not to have a landline phone even if the homeowner chose not to use or have it connected but we have to consider this might be the case if it is been confirmed by NYP.
When looking at the outside of the property there is a telegraph pole across the road and a line runs directly from it to Claudias house, inside the house there is at least one phone point which is visible in interior photos which appears from the surrounding objects to be in the bedroom. Its possible there is one in the lounge but I am unable to visibly confirm this from the interior photos avail at this time
upload_2020-12-1_17-49-33.jpeg

upload_2020-12-1_17-52-17.png

upload_2020-12-1_17-53-4.png

upload_2020-12-1_17-55-7.png

Last edited:
I also notice that Pre 2011 her upper bedroom window has a closed off white curtain but if you look at the much later Google images the curtain has been replaced by a wooden slated window blind??
Is it possible that the new investigations team removed the curtain because of revealing forensic evidence?[/QUOTE]

Its actually a light coloured roller blind not a curtain if you look closely at the 2014 view of the bedroom window you will see its still in place as is a wooden blind, the light coloured blind being installed in the recess of the window the wooden one on the outside of the recess. It was most likely a practical verus design choice CL made, preferring the wooden shade but needing a roller/blackout blind as well to block out the street lighting at nite.
upload_2020-12-1_18-22-46.jpeg

I do believe that this is a clip on microphone. This is the type that TV and video producers use so that the persons voice can be included in the footage. I hope that this helps clear this up. I may have watched to many films but a "Wire" is often something taped to a persons skin under clothing and would not be visible.

I now realise using the word wire some have most likely as you say you have associated it as a device potrayed in the film industry by certain characters wearing it concealed.
Personally I refer to it as a wire as personal portable audio recording device which doesnt need concealment and is used in a variety of applications. As newer models continue to get smaller in size they are reaching an increasingly varied market
I think we can both agree that the device is used for same thing audio recording.

I now realise using the word wire some have most likely as you say you have associated it as a device potrayed in the film industry by certain characters wearing it concealed.
Personally I refer to it as a wire as personal portable audio recording device which doesn't need concealment and is used in a variety of applications. As newer models continue to get smaller in size they are reaching an increasingly varied market
I think we can both agree that the device is used for same thing audio recording.
I agree that it can record but in the setting it was more likely provided by the media to S_C as if she had wanted to record covertly she would have made a better attempt to disguise. Perhaps she has been quoted out of context before however?
I do recall that in the past she has changed her story in online forums.

I agree that it can record but in the setting it was more likely provided by the media to S_C as if she had wanted to record covertly she would have made a better attempt to disguise. Perhaps she has been quoted out of context before however?
I do recall that in the past she has changed her story in online forums.

You are going down the lines of how the device has been shown to have been used in films again.
I did not say she was wearing it covertly.
The still photo shows shes wearing the device and its clearly on view and not being worn covertly.

What interests me more is the possiblity that the police may have voice recordings of threats that have been made to people, and wether SC has ever received any such threats.

You are going down the lines of how the device has been shown to have been used in films again.
I did not say she was wearing it covertly.
The still photo shows shes wearing the device and its clearly on view and not being worn covertly.

What interests me more is the possiblity that the police may have voice recordings of threats that have been made to people, and wether SC has ever received any such threats.
Why do you think, JK is wearing no micro?

Www.findclaudia.co.uk
In the beginning of the investigation this used to be THE website of reference !
Now for the first time in 11 years I decided to click for a downloadable poster !
I just wanted to see if ... now... she is shown with blond or brown hair
Hey pronto ‘ page not available ‘
And nyp crest appears plus a picture of yet another missing man .
This is an open message to Peter Lawrence :
Does he realise how hard it is for a member of the public to actually contact him !
And in my opinion he’s not aware of it !
If his site is being run by the police why not say so ?
The mistrust is everywhere !
You ask to speak to John you’re put through to Mary !
May I ask Sluethers here to check the website www.findclaudia.co.uk and see how out of date it is

Is it possible that the new investigations team removed the curtain because of revealing forensic evidence?

Its actually a light coloured roller blind not a curtain if you look closely at the 2014 view of the bedroom window you will see its still in place as is a wooden blind, the light coloured blind being installed in the recess of the window the wooden one on the outside of the recess. It was most likely a practical verus design choice CL made, preferring the wooden shade but needing a roller/
blackout blind as well to block out the street lighting at nite.
View attachment 273947[/QUOTE]
You make an important observation here regarding "blocking out the Street Lighting at nite" (SIC) I missed that, thank you @keep-it-real.
However I have just checked the streetlights that were and still are in place in the vicinity of her house and it is unlikely that they would have cast light as far as her window given that one is outside the betting shop on the opposite side of the road and further down and the other on the same side of the road is outside #40 / 38.

Perhaps she had double blinds for another reason?
Www.findclaudia.co.uk
In the beginning of the investigation this used to be THE website of reference !
Now for the first time in 11 years I decided to click for a downloadable poster !
I just wanted to see if ... now... she is shown with blond or brown hair
Hey pronto ‘ page not available ‘
And nyp crest appears plus a picture of yet another missing man .
This is an open message to Peter Lawrence :
Does he realise how hard it is for a member of the public to actually contact him !
And in my opinion he’s not aware of it !
If his site is being run by the police why not say so ?
The mistrust is everywhere !
You ask to speak to John you’re put through to Mary !
May I ask Sluethers here to check the website www.findclaudia.co.uk and see how out of date it is

You are spot on here @Popejohn3 I agree and in fact it has not been updated for a long time.

Was it M_D who set this website up initially as he was handling the PR for P_L?

I was drawn to the list of companies who were contributing to the Find Claudia campaign and note that even though three of the 4 men arrested and described as Friends of Claudia, have their own companies, Not one of these companies is contributing to this cause.

I suppose we must pass any information onto NYP and they will deal with it?

Please be carefully with long quotes they can get broken ! Instead of pressings reply press more options ! I would say

@ oudzuid
Did you click to see / download the poster ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member