James Bisset / Shannan Gilbert connection

If I heard this right the above arrest came about after another sex worker wound up dead from a drug overdose. Is this starting to sound familiar? Maybe the good doctor was just trying to help this girl he thought to be spaced out drug abuser.

I am a newcomer to webslueths and an outsider (1800 miles away) with little understanding of the dynamics of politics and law enforcement in the area.

I am more familiar with DA's being voted in/out with no alignment with LE. Chiefs of Police (Department) candidates are decided upon by City Council following political bi-partisan committees/commissions that include representation from the community and those candidates are vetted and number reduced prior to the City Council even knowing who the potential candidates are. Every effort is made to ensure that a Chief is selected on LE merit regardless of political party (governor/county/city/DA).

Reading through the thousands of posts (in these multiple like threads) related to Gilgo, LISK, Nassau and Suffolk County, I am simply amazed at the intertwining of legislation, prosecution and law enforcement on Long Island. I am NOT passing judgement; it is simply something I have not experienced or perceived previously.

I fully agree with hawkshaw that there seems to be a consistent thread that has passed through sex, sex workers, drugs, pols and LE for at least a decade on Long Island. Is this any different in other municipalities/counties? I do not know. But it IS something that should be both of import and further consideration, research and investigation.

And, yes, I acknowledge that this has been and seems to continue to be looked at from the federal level.

At risk of over-posting here……..

Why did LE so quickly state the death of JB1 was not related to the deaths of the bodies found along Ocean Parkway? Why did LE so quickly state JB2 was not related to the death (notwithstanding admitted involvement with SG the night of her disappearance)?

I am not really looking for answers to those questions. Instead, I pose the following:

• Was suicide “a relief to and opportunity for” LE to very quickly sweep something under the rug?
• Does a quick LE statement of no JB2 involvement and quick subsequent “no comment” from both parties indicate a cooperative quid pro quo? “I won’t talk and you won’t implicate”?

Hawk, cannot find reported COD for either nor can I find anything explaining health, financial, marital, professional, etc. influences. Still digging.

I am a newcomer to webslueths and an outsider (1800 miles away) with little understanding of the dynamics of politics and law enforcement in the area.

I am more familiar with DA's being voted in/out with no alignment with LE. Chiefs of Police (Department) candidates are decided upon by City Council following political bi-partisan committees/commissions that include representation from the community and those candidates are vetted and number reduced prior to the City Council even knowing who the potential candidates are. Every effort is made to ensure that a Chief is selected on LE merit regardless of political party (governor/county/city/DA).

Reading through the thousands of posts (in these multiple like threads) related to Gilgo, LISK, Nassau and Suffolk County, I am simply amazed at the intertwining of legislation, prosecution and law enforcement on Long Island. I am NOT passing judgement; it is simply something I have not experienced or perceived previously.

I fully agree with hawkshaw that there seems to be a consistent thread that has passed through sex, sex workers, drugs, pols and LE for at least a decade on Long Island. Is this any different in other municipalities/counties? I do not know. But it IS something that should be both of import and further consideration, research and investigation.
There is no coincidence or connection. There are over 7 million people on Long Island. Sex, drugs and crime are a normal part of life here, none of it has a connection, criminals are let out on the streets to reoffend. It only gets worse when if you add the New York five boroughs in the mix with Harlem and the Bronx to the north. It’s a free for all. This behavior has been a part of New York for the past 250 years. The only way this serial killer is gonna be caught is if they catch him red handed with a victim in his trunk.

OK, here's a good one to think about. A Suffolk County Legislator/doctor was arrested earlier today for sale of opioids to a female DEA undercover agent pretending to be a prostitute/drug addict. Everyone seems to want a piece of this case. Entities mentioned, eg, are Suffolk DA, PD, Nassau Pd, DEA etc., Even Kessler of Newsday grabbed a byline. He usually writes about federal matters. Then we had the recent plea deal from the lawyer on a $2M larceny of a minor child.

So what seem to be the common denominators in these cases". Sex, sex workers, drugs, public officials, etc., Are you guys starting to get the connections?
Hate to reign on your detective work, but all this is common behavior on Long Island and none of it is connected. There are over 7 million people on Long island. Crooked cops, crooked doctors, drugs , sex and murder are the norm around here. There is no cover up or conspiracy. Criminals are set free to reoffend, unfortunately nobody really cares about a serial killer murdering prostitutes over here. Cops have more important things to do. You add the crime that goes on in New York city’s 5 boroughs into the mix and makes this serial killer case that much less important. The only way this killer will be caught is if they catch him red handed dumping bodies on the side of the road. Until then he will most likely never be caught. This behavior has been going on in New York for 200 years. There is no police cover up or conspiracy of wealthy people paying to murder prostitutes.

At risk of over-posting here……..

Why did LE so quickly state the death of JB1 was not related to the deaths of the bodies found along Ocean Parkway? Why did LE so quickly state JB2 was not related to the death (notwithstanding admitted involvement with SG the night of her disappearance)?

I am not really looking for answers to those questions. Instead, I pose the following:

• Was suicide “a relief to and opportunity for” LE to very quickly sweep something under the rug?
• Does a quick LE statement of no JB2 involvement and quick subsequent “no comment” from both parties indicate a cooperative quid pro quo? “I won’t talk and you won’t implicate”?
I think you answered your own questions. When this case first started I made a bold prediction that very soon these murders would be blamed on dead guy. IN less than 2 weeks JAMES BISSET got the honors........I felt like the smartest guy in the room. Think how I felt when Spota shot that all down by declaring Bisset was not a suspect. What really happened after I got some time to think about it is Bisset and now Burke became more suspect than ever before.

I think I am starting to put it together as to how SG got killed. "Killed"? I think the Honorable Tom Spota gave use more clues than most others. Spota had to take Bisset and Brewer off the table. He went out of his way to do that. WHY?

If you continue to look at the TWO JB\\.s you might wind up looking at the other JB.

I have been saying for a long time - almost forever is these guys have been lying for so long and have so many 'bodies' laying around they can no longer keep track of them. We might need Jane Fonda to come in with her version of mine sweepers to find 'bodies' strewn about Suffolk County. They. keep tripping over all those bodies.

I previously posted this in a different thread......

MY OPINION. It is bleak, at best.

Suffolk County administration, law enforcement and prosecution succumbed to and then both ignored and nurtured corruption, coverup, nepotism, illegal activity within ranks for many years prior to the SG/GB4 tragedy. It has been scarcely different than a mafioso family-type enterprise for decades. Much of this is the result of the extent to which politics plays into LE and prosecutorial leadership and administration in the County.

Are Suffolk County politics any different than other NYS counties? I have no clue as the point of comparing or evaluating county processes was not in my realm of interest. My interest being strictly why these cases, more generally referred to as LISK, have languished for so long and been shrouded in secrecy, misinformation, and suspicion.

I believe that Suffolk County officials are now entirely incapable of solving the various deaths discovered following SG’s disappearance. I am confident there are good public servants eager and willing to bring these cases to resolution. However, the taint and stench of previous ‘direction’ (I cannot bring myself to call it ‘leadership’) and the elite protectionism previously abundant, render these good peoples’ best intentions as impotent and likely resisted by persons and corrupt culture still embedded. Unlikely to be able to charge and convict, why should those well intended parties risk their pensions? As long as the Suffolk body politic has reign over LE and prosecutorial leadership and administration, justice in Suffolk County will never be blind.

Why has nothing been resolved? Suffolk County LE and prosecution did not want a comprehensive and full on investigation for fear it would expose all the other ‘incidents’ and ‘issues’ and ‘involvements’ incumbent upon their “administration” – all their activities outside of the law. The thread of illegal activity is woven through Suffolk business and citizenry as well as LE, prosecution, and public office. That thread was and likely still is widespread. SG, GB4 and the other human remains are but ‘chapters’ in an otherwise larger ‘book’ of misuse and abuse of power. Any (re)solution to these horrible, horrible crimes will require entirely external investigation totally unencumbered or influenced by Suffolk County officials and politics.

Federal action – grand juries, indictments, subpoenas, leveraged admissions, non-prosecution agreements for testimony, and given the age of the crimes now perhaps even ‘yet to be developed’ forensic capabilities – is necessary for any hope to legitimately solve LISK.

The elapse of time sans aggressive and uninhibited investigation is in itself problematic. Was all the crucial crime scene evidence collected? Has that evidence been appropriately tracked and accounted for? Does it all even still exist? Many witnesses related to both corruption and SG are now deceased or departed the county. Memories are faded. Recollection more difficult.

My belief and fear is that justice for the so called LISK victims and their families may never be served.

When you go to trial to prosecute someone for 2 misdemeanors and use your top two prosecutors/Bureau Chiefs: Helig and Scleppi to use those enormous resources and then you take the most crookedest judge (IMO) to preside over that case, thereby putting murder cases on hold. - then, my friends something is wrong, terribly wrong. It means you are hiding something that could come out if the ADA's and judge weren't so corrupted.

When you go to trial to prosecute someone for 2 misdemeanors and use your top two prosecutors/Bureau Chiefs: Helig and Scleppi to use those enormous resources and then you take the most crookedest judge (IMO) to preside over that case, thereby putting murder cases on hold. - then, my friends something is wrong, terribly wrong. It means you are hiding something that could come out if the ADA's and judge weren't so corrupted.
Agree wholeheartedly, Hawk

Never realized until just now how many JB's there are...James Bissett, Joe Brewer, Jimmy Burke , John Bittrolff. If we are going to keep using just inititials we might have to give them official numbers to go along with them.

Geez.

Right! What are the odds? As if this case couldn't be more confusing as is they all had to go and have the same initials lol.

Bissets partner also killed himself

So maybe they were into something and the bottom was about to drop out. I still don't think Bissett has anything to do with LISK, other than being a convenient scapegoat for some people. Hey, blame it on the guy who offed himself. It's not like he can declare his innocence now, right ?

Meh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back