TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't disagree more. What I have seen are folks that are pointing out that it doesn't appear (at least at this point) that his intention was human casualty, other than possibly his own. What I have seen are people giving a fair and accurate account of what he did and didn't do (so much as we're able to put those facts out there, at this early stage of the investigation).

Even when we vehemently disagree with someone's position or what they've done, giving an honest account of their position or actions, is vital. (Especially on a fact-based forum at this one).

It could have been much worse, and it wasn't, and that's something to be thankful for.
That doesn't mean anyone is this guy's apologist or anyone's redefined the norms of deviant behavior. It means folks are being fair and accurate.

jmo
I agree. It’s just about figuring out the motive, and because of the warning motive doesn’t seem to have been mass deaths. That’s a good thing, but it doesn’t mean what he did was a good thing.

As far as we know, he transferred the properties to her for free, which is even more curious than selling them. What's the connection between him and this woman? She claims she didn't know about his recent property transfer, but there was another one a couple years prior, which obviously she had to know about.

We know he wasn't married . . . but we don't know he was NEVER married. She could be a daughter or even a granddaughter, a niece, a cousin some removed (I never get those straight, don't even try). A relative of someone he was fond of. But it's obvious from the one in 2018 that she deeded back to family that there is some relationship, and that it wasn't random.

Anthony Quinn Warner confirmed person of interest in Nashville bombing

“His mother filed a petition in February 2019 asking a judge to overturn the real estate transfer, arguing that Warner, who was his brother’s power of attorney, acted in self-interest with the property transfer since it resulted in personal financial gain.

The case was dismissed in October 2019 at the mother’s request.”

This is true but when it comes to the FBI, I guess I just don't have faith in them anymore when it comes to acting on tips.
Maybe we'll learn in time what the tips were and who they came from. So far, I don't see his employer or his neighbors calling in. I wonder if the tips came from people he met online and was discussing explosives and stuff with. It will be interesting to learn how and when he obtained the explosives.

For me, finding out the RV was playing “Downtown” before the explosion cements in my mind that this bomber had no real agenda other than killing himself in the most interesting way possible. I think he was intelligent, depressed, and mentally unstable. He decided to kill himself but made a sort of game of it. All of us were looking for projects and things to do during the pandemic. This is the project his sick mind came up with. The challenge of getting the bomb together, how and where to detonate it. What “fun” putting the plan all together. Coming up with the warning broadcast...hoping it would lessen others getting hurt, but not really caring if it happened. Probably got a chuckle out of including the song “Downtown” in it. I think he was probably dead in the RV when the bomb exploded. Either shot himself in one of those gunshots people heard at the start of this all, or overdosed on some medication. Or at least heavily sedated himself. Gave his property away because he wasn’t going to be needing it.
Just my thoughts.

Maybe we'll learn in time what the tips were and who they came from. So far, I don't see his employer or his neighbors calling in. I wonder if the tips came from people he met online and was discussing explosives and stuff with. It will be interesting to learn how and when he obtained the explosives.
Hopefully those tips do become known because it would show whether someone had knowledge or not.

Per Officer Luellen @ NPD officers press conference the song broadcast by the RV was Downtown by Petulia Clarke.

That was a good presser MOO. I learned so much, and gave kudos to those involved and explained not only what they did, but why they did and gave a timeframe of all.

(as opposed to a POI stating all the facts as is often the case.)

This is a question I’m interested in learning about, the explosives. We know that Rudolph stole stuff from construction sites. I wonder how involved Warner was with firearms? There are some very big gun shows that go on in TN and I would think powder is easily procured. I target shoot muzzle loaders and powder is an “on the shelf” item here in SC. Otherwise, I guess his hardware store purchases would be of interest.

Interesting the family dynamics.

So was one of those properties that got quit-claimed originally his brother's? Did they live close to one another? The mom had to take her own son to court? Interesting.

Was it the transfer to Swing or to Lane that the mother had issue with? Or both? Or did he QC the property to himself and those things came later to resolve the dispute with the mother?

For me, finding out the RV was playing “Downtown” before the explosion cements in my mind that this bomber had no real agenda other than killing himself in the most interesting way possible. I think he was intelligent, depressed, and mentally unstable. He decided to kill himself but made a sort of game of it. All of us were looking for projects and things to do during the pandemic. This is the project his sick mind came up with. The challenge of getting the bomb together, how and where to detonate it. What “fun” putting the plan all together. Coming up with the warning broadcast...hoping it would lessen others getting hurt, but not really caring if it happened. Probably got a chuckle out of including the song “Downtown” in it. I think he was probably dead in the RV when the bomb exploded. Either shot himself in one of those gunshots people heard at the start of this all, or overdosed on some medication. Or at least heavily sedated himself. Gave his property away because he wasn’t going to be needing it.
Just my thoughts.
I still think there's some significance in choosing the AT&T building. Interesting thought that he might have killed himself before the explosion. IIRC shots were first heard before 5am and then a few more times later.

So was one of those properties that got quit-claimed originally his brother's? Did they live close to one another? The mom had to take her own son to court? Interesting.
Presumably yes to all three.
Was it the transfer to Swing or to Lane that the mother had issue with? Or both? Or did he QC the property to himself and those things came later to resolve the dispute with the mother?
His brother died in September 2018 (as per his obituary). Transfer to himself happened a month earlier (according to the last article). DM reported a transfer to S in January 2019. The lawsuit came in February (source: last article). The last transfer was in March 2019 (source: DM).

This is a question I’m interested in learning about, the explosives. We know that Rudolph stole stuff from construction sites. I wonder how involved Warner was with firearms? There are some very big gun shows that go on in TN and I would think powder is easily procured. I target shoot muzzle loaders and powder is an “on the shelf” item here in SC. Otherwise, I guess his hardware store purchases would be of interest.
Wouldn't he need a lot of powder to create an explosion that size though? I'm wondering if he was somehow able to get his hands on enough ammonium nitrate and fuel oil to cause an explosion that size.

Nashville explosion: Questions remain as investigation enters Day 3

Nashville Police Chief John Drake has confirmed Anthony Q. Warner, 63, as a person of interest in the Christmas day bombing investigation.

FBI Special Agent Jason Pack told The Tennessean agents visited Fridrich & Clark Realty's Green Hills office Saturday evening as well — following up on leads in the case.
Fridrich said Warner was hired four or five years ago as a contract laborer for computer consulting for the company. Then this month, Warner informed the company in an email that he'd no longer be working for them, Fridrich said.

No reason was given.

“He seemed very personable to us – this is quite out of character I think," he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member