Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random and is OT in this discussion but just an FYI.

FWIW, we are fully aware of some ratings from disgruntled former members who don't bother to read the TOS that they agreed to upon registering with this site and get upset when their posts are removed or their membership is revoked.

Carry on :)

Stunned by some news I received this afternoon about a 28 year old daughter of friends this evening. This afternoon she was found by her husband unresponsive on the bedroom floor. Possible heart attack and/or aneurism. She had covid almost 4 weeks ago. Her family is definitely thinking connection. This girl was gorgeous & smart...getting ready to go into practice with her orthodontic dad. Who knows if they will get to the bottom of it but she didn’t have the first health problem prior to her death, other than Covid. Just sick about this.

I'm so sorry to read this. I wonder if she'll ever be classified as a covid death. I've been reading/hearing about other, similar cases in the under 40 group. The whole blood clot issue is one that doesn't have acute symptoms in lots of people - until the clots hit the heart or brain.

I can't even imagine the grief of those parents. Condolences to them, and to you, as well.

Sincere question: Isn’t the Governor the one who is responsible for deciding (with advice from public health professionals) what can be open or closed? Perhaps I don’t understand your comment. If I have, disregard my comment. :)

My sincere opinion: Businesses that are affected may not like the governor’s decisions, for understandable reasons, and feel that choices are unfair, but abdication of responsibility by a governor would be cowardly, irresponsible and not in the best interests of the health and even lives of their constituents IMO. I’m very grateful that the Governor of Oregon has been doing her level best to keep the population safe while balancing economic considerations for small businesses, all the while facing angry armed demonstrations at the state capitol, open rebellion by certain legislators while in session, and recall petitions. At least goons have not plotted to kidnap and kill her...that I know of...yet. But despite her best efforts, lack of cooperation by too many citizens is fueling the spread of COVID-19.

My small town of 22,000 has two main employers upon whom smaller businesses depend for their livelihood. One, a nationally known repertory theatre company, has been closed since March and will not reopen in 2021. Longtime employees...friends of mine...have been laid off. About 350,000 visitors per year will not show up. Restaurants, hotels and other businesses dependent on visitors may not survive. The other employer is a small state university campus running at reduced capacity and staff. The taxes paid by all these businesses support city services. There was a $6 million dollar shortfall estimated in 2020. The economy and character of my town may not recover.

BUT...We are in a state of war against this pandemic and the death toll has been unnecessarily high already. During any war, businesses are rightly called upon to make sacrifices. Some may not survive. That is a heartbreaking tragedy. But no business can survive or rebuild if its owners and employees are dead or too sick to work. All citizens have to sacrifice to win this war. We sacrifice our personal desires like visits with family and friends, gathering with our congregations, eating in our favorite restaurants, travel, finances, attending school in person and on and on. Is the sacrifice worth it? I believe it is. I feel sorry for anyone who lives in a state or country whose leaders don’t believe these sacrifices are worth it. They are essentially saying their citizens’ lives aren’t worth it.
JMO MOO

Re: "Sincere question: Isn’t the Governor the one who is responsible for deciding (with advice from public health professionals) what can be open or closed?"

Yes.
The governor in my state, Arizona, makes the decisions about what stays open, and what is closed as I stated
In Arizona's case, most things are open
Restaurants are for example

People come here to do things they can't in their state

Not all governors think alike
Different values, beliefs, and priorities

Another vaccine that I am interested in is Novavax. The Aussie govt has invested in this vaccine (as well as a few others - AstraZeneca/Oxford being the main one as we will also manufacture it).

Novavax seems to be plodding along at a slower progression than some other vaccines - probably at more of a normal pace, as opposed to a rushed one. They are recruiting now for their big Phase Three test. Dr Fauci says that it is the 5th vaccine to be trialled in the US.

Novavax:
The Phase 3 trial of another investigational coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccine has begun enrolling adult volunteers. The randomized, placebo-controlled trial will enroll approximately 30,000 people at approximately 115 sites in the United States and Mexico.

NIAID Director Anthony S. Fauci, M.D. ....... “The launch of this study — the fifth investigational COVID-19 vaccine candidate to be tested in a Phase 3 trial in the United States — demonstrates our resolve to end the pandemic through development of multiple safe and effective vaccines.”

Phase 3 trial of Novavax investigational COVID-19 vaccine opens

:eek::eek: :eek:

A nurse in Indonesia has been suspended for removing his personal protective equipment to have (intimate relations) with a Covid-19 patient in the hospital.
The incident came to light after a Twitter account (@bottialter) uploaded a picture that showed a heap of PPE lying on the floor of a room, purportedly inside the Wisma Atlet hospital in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Indonesian nurse suspended

BBM

Terry Elford, 26, and his wife Debbie Elford, 24, arrived in Melbourne on Friday morning on a flight from Canberra.

It’s claimed they then fled the airport, with Victoria Police spokeswoman Belinda Batty telling the Herald Sun: “They were spoken to by authorised officers and informed they would be required to quarantine for 14 days as per current CHO directions.
“The pair then ran from the officer, fleeing the airport and were picked up by a vehicle outside.”

“Upon the advice of the public health team, those people have breached numerous orders of the public-health state of emergency in Victoria and they will each be fined at least $19,000 for their breaching of those arrangements.”

Pair who fled from Melbourne airport to avoid quarantine will be fined $38,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member