TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the student and locals I have seen are frustrated and confused as everyone’s being kept out of the loop. I’ve seen news organizations ready to publish stories but have not heard any updates from LE. The groups I have seen online mainly have students asking for info, I did notice his manager has come forward on social media. What worries me the most is with LE withholding info from the public so much, that these theories and speculations only make this investigation harder as any new info is spun in a certain narrative. The other thing that frustrates people the most is not being allowed to help search or look for Jason. A girl I went to highschool with lives about 2-3 miles away has offered to help search with her husband as they live so close, however they were told not at this time. If law enforcement isn’t searching, and the family isn’t having people privately search, then why can’t locals and friends search for him. What is there to hide, why has this been so tight lipped?
*Sorry for the long winded post, but as a fellow student it has been worrying and frustrating with how this is being handled.[/QUOTE
Yes, we offered to help early on and were told that they were using experienced or professional searchers. I drive down SFR probably 2-3 times per week just to see if there is anything new. From the second week or so after the accident until now, I haven't seen anyone out there other than oil field workers in their pickups. Thanks for giving us the Texas State perspective. I was in San Marcos a week or so ago and asked the waiter at the restaurant where I had lunch whether he had heard anything new and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Most of the student and locals I have seen are frustrated and confused as everyone’s being kept out of the loop. I’ve seen news organizations ready to publish stories but have not heard any updates from LE. The groups I have seen online mainly have students asking for info, I did notice his manager has come forward on social media. What worries me the most is with LE withholding info from the public so much, that these theories and speculations only make this investigation harder as any new info is spun in a certain narrative. The other thing that frustrates people the most is not being allowed to help search or look for Jason. A girl I went to highschool with lives about 2-3 miles away has offered to help search with her husband as they live so close, however they were told not at this time. If law enforcement isn’t searching, and the family isn’t having people privately search, then why can’t locals and friends search for him. What is there to hide, why has this been so tight lipped?
*Sorry for the long winded post, but as a fellow student it has been worrying and frustrating with how this is being handled.
Yes, we offered to help early on and were told that they were using experienced or professional searchers. I drive down SFR probably 2-3 times per week just to see if there is anything new. From the second week or so after the accident until now, I haven't seen anyone out there other than oil field workers in their pickups. Thanks for giving us the Texas State perspective. I was in San Marcos a week or so ago and asked the waiter at the restaurant where I had lunch whether he had heard anything new and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Unfortunately, I believe JL is probably in water or maybe crawled inside a culvert-- not far from the crash. Reportedly, temps were near freezing the night of the crash. I don't think he's being held against his will and don't believe he'd put his parents through a staged disappearance. MOO
I've wondered a lot about the culverts as well. I drove down SFR and then turned on Pumper Road and there are some culverts large enough off Pumper Road that someone could crawl inside but I have to imagine those have been checked. If he went down Pumper Road and made it to 86, there are some very large culverts as well as bridges on that highway close to Pumper Road. I actually took the 4 wheeler out there a week or so ago and looked under the bridges close by, but didn't see anything.

Thanks for sharing that article. I wonder if any of his songs can be found online? What is that site for posting your own music? Soundcloud maybe?

Also, I didn't realize Jason's dad was a former trial attorney.
d another search for his musc.. there are several people of that name.. some have deleted their material..I wonder what name he used?

I agree with you but why did trail stop suddenly where it did?
This has always been the big fly in the ointment.
I cannot get past this one point.
Could he have been picked up by someone who was on that road for actual nefarious purposes?
Picked up or hit leaving no trace? There would have been a trace though.. Quite a large one had he been hit..

One of the searchers interviewed provided how their entire SAR teamwork is only 60% effective-- which is evidenced by the multiple time's victims are found in areas previously searched.

There are plenty of explanations why dogs lose a "trailing scent" but one has to understand how scent works and the factors that affect this. I'm certainly not qualified to expand on why false alarms occur with SAR dogs. (This came up often during the recent SAR for Suzanne Morphew led by her brother last Sept).

TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

Hopefully these can be opened. The first is the accident site, second is the location of the search HQ, third is the northernmost abandoned house, fourth is the southernmost abandoned house and last one is what I believe to be the nearest occupied dwelling.

IMG_0322.JPG
IMG_0323.JPG
IMG_0324.JPG
IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0326.JPG
Thank you for these pictures. Seeing the area really makes it come to life. Maybe its just me, but seeimg the pictures and the remoteness of the area gives off a very creepy vibe, especially with the abandoned houses. I can only imagine how quiet, desolate and eerie it would be in pitch dark night. Question, is the northernmost abandoned house definitely abandoned? It looks to be in better shape than the others, hence the question. And if it is a closed/secured structure, would the inside definitely have been searched? Does LE have legal grounds to enter? I don't doubt they cleared it, just wondering the process.

One of the searchers interviewed provided how their entire SAR teamwork is only 60% effective-- which is evidenced by the multiple time's victims are found in areas previously searched.

There are plenty of explanations why dogs lose a "trailing scent" but one has to understand how scent works and the factors that affect this. I'm certainly not qualified to expand on why false alarms occur with SAR dogs. (This came up often during the recent SAR for Suzanne Morphew led by her brother last Sept).

TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2
I'm still not happy.
I agree with you but I think it's one of the cases where the dogs got it right.
Does anybody know where is the report stating 5 different SAR dogs reached the same conclusion?
But even if they had not, even if it was only one good dog that signalled, I have to believe it is relevant.
Actually it is one of the very few facts we have that are not based on speculation or fantasy.
I wish we knew what TES thought when they finished investigating that region? I know what they stated publicly. How seriously did they take the dog's signals?

I'm still not happy.
I agree with you but I think it's one of the cases where the dogs got it right.
Does anybody know where is the report stating 5 different SAR dogs reached the same conclusion?
But even if they had not, even if it was only one good dog that signalled, I have to believe it is relevant.
Actually it is one of the very few facts we have that are not based on speculation or fantasy.
I wish we knew what TES thought when they finished investigating that region? I know what they stated publicly. How seriously did they take the dog's signals?
Don't recall the exact MSM article, but very early on, in one of the first reports, it was mentioned that 5 dogs all tracked him to the same area.

Thank you for these pictures. Seeing the area really makes it come to life. Maybe its just me, but seeimg the pictures and the remoteness of the area gives off a very creepy vibe, especially with the abandoned houses. I can only imagine how quiet, desolate and eerie it would be in pitch dark night. Question, is the northernmost abandoned house definitely abandoned? It looks to be in better shape than the others, hence the question. And if it is a closed/secured structure, would the inside definitely have been searched? Does LE have legal grounds to enter? I don't doubt they cleared it, just wondering the process.
I have never seen anyone at that house or any cars in the driveway. I agree, it is in much better shape. I'm sure LE or SAR have at least looked in the windows and it appears that you could pretty much see the entire inside of the house looking through windows.

Don't recall the exact MSM article, but very early on, in one of the first reports, it was mentioned that 5 dogs all tracked him to the same area.
Thanks, I saw it too. Cannot find it now.
Found this early report though
DPS officials say multiple agencies have assisted in the search including Texas Search and Rescue, Department of Emergency Management, Luling PD, Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office, the Department of Parks and Wildfire, Weimer PD and a couple of officers from Texas State.

Kent says all this help and prayers from family and strangers is keeping his family's spirits going.

“He had a great big heart, he loved people, he loved his friends,” said Kent. "Just come home son, just come home."

That's a helluva team of searchers!
article dated December 16 Father of missing Texas State student continues searching for answers

Can someone clear up for me where the backpack was located in relation to where the tracks went cold for the dogs? Do we know enough to determine this?

To the best I recall, TX DPS was first to report that the backpack was located in the road 100 feet south of the crash site.

On Jan 8, CCSO updated on FB that a few "articles of clothing and personal effects" were discovered in the roadway approximately 900 feet south of the accident scene. (There was no mention of the backpack).

I don't think we know exactly which direction the dogs lost their trailing scent.

Caldwell County Sheriff's Office

To the best I recall, TX DPS was first to report that the backpack was located in the road 100 feet south of the crash site.

On Jan 8, CCSO updated on FB that a few "articles of clothing and personal effects" were discovered in the roadway approximately 900 feet south of the accident scene. (There was no mention of the backpack).

I don't think we know exactly which direction the dogs lost their trailing scent.

Dogs traced his scent from the car to a nearby pond, but when the pond was drained, there was no trace of Jason.
Texas college student missing for SEVEN days after crashing his car on the way home for Christmas | Daily Mail Online

^^sbm

I believe it was Jason's dad that cited 5 dogs hit on a pond when talking on camera to a reporter.

I also think this probably caused rescuers to drain the pond. There are several great photos of the pond search by South Hays Fire Department Dive Team (SHFD-DT) in the media thread.

Thank you.

I've had in my head that this was the same direction the dogs tracked. But you're correct, I don't think that has been stated anywhere for sure.

Trying to wrap my brain around possible reasons he might have taken the backpack from the car (if this in fact occurred), but then for some reason parted ways with it. Somewhere between 100 and 900 feet down the road. o_O

^^sbm

I believe it was Jason's dad that cited 5 dogs hit on a pond when talking on camera to a reporter.

I also think this probably caused rescuers to drain the pond. There are several great photos of the pond search by South Hays Fire Department Dive Team (SHFD-DT) in the media thread.
I'm searching for the road track,presumably it was at the backpack, 900 ft? Am I right?
He wasn't in the pond...
Track also stopped along the road but I cannot figure whether that was after where his backpack was discovered or merely at it, ie at 900 ft?

Thank you.

I've had in my head that this was the same direction the dogs tracked. But you're correct, I don't think that has been stated anywhere for sure.

Trying to wrap my brain around possible reasons he might have taken the backpack from the car (if this in fact occurred), but then for some reason parted ways with it. Somewhere between 100 and 900 feet down the road. o_O
It's possible he thought he had put his phone in his backpack while packing?

I've seen the pictures of it but I'm curious how operable the car was after the wreck. Specifically if the interior light would come on when the door opened. Has this been seen anywhere? I haven't found anything saying one way or another.

I've seen the pictures of it but I'm curious how operable the car was after the wreck. Specifically if the interior light would come on when the door opened. Has this been seen anywhere? I haven't found anything saying one way or another.
It's highly unlikely it was operable from the photos.
Also the car was locked and the keys in the ignition.
He had managed to lock himself out of his car.

It's highly unlikely it was operable from the photos.
Also the car was locked and the keys in the ignition.
He had managed to lock himself out of his car.

I figured it wasn't drivable, I more just wondered if he had any kind of light with which he could have searched for his phone.

It's hard to picture a scenario where a person of his age and of sound mind would not do anything possible to have their phone with them.

Unless the locking out happened immediately. Perhaps he first wanted to jump out and check the damage and made the mistake of shutting the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal