Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric Feigl-Ding@DrEricDing
·
9m
Biden signs first executive actions as president, including mandating masks on federal property. Public health science finally coming to the White House and the country again. #COVID19

Biden signs first executive actions as president, including mandating masks on federal property
I’ve asked this before but nobody knew for sure... do we really still have federal property without a mask mandate? Good grief, if so. Texas has had a statewide mask mandate for over 6 months. It baffles me to think we still had federal buildings that didn’t require masks anywhere in the US. I would be curious to know where they are.

I’ve asked this before but nobody knew for sure... do we really still have federal property without a mask mandate? Good grief, if so. Texas has had a statewide mask mandate for over 6 months. It baffles me to think we still had federal buildings that didn’t require masks anywhere in the US. I would be curious to know where they are.

I believe that it was the White House and maybe the Congress and Senate did not have to wear masks. All other federal buildings have had a mask requirement in place.

Masks on federal property: Biden's first executive order - CNN

President-elect Joe Biden, who plans to make the coronavirus pandemic his top priority, will begin his presidency by asking Americans to wear masks for 100 days and requiring their use on federal property.

ETA: I see this info was already posted, but just in case it wasn’t seen I’ll leave it.

Last edited:
Forget Biden vs Trump — it's Biden vs coronavirus from here on in.

In Biden's own words, he'll need to "move heaven and Earth" to tame the pandemic. But he plans to "manage the hell out of this operation".

While Republicans have argued the economy must come before disease control, Biden understands that he can't revive the economy without first controlling the virus. (Hallelujah! Someone gets it!)

In his final hours in office, Trump announced that border restrictions would relax from January 26. The response from the Biden administration was swift: that won't be happening.

If the virus does "disappear" it won't be the result of a miracle, but an administration "moving heaven and Earth" to make it happen.

Biden's inauguration gift is a pandemic, but he has a plan

·
9m
Biden signs first executive actions as president, including mandating masks on federal property. Public health science finally coming to the White House and the country again. #COVID19

Biden signs first executive actions as president, including mandating masks on federal property

I think that's about the most he can legally do, but I heard there will be a 100-day challenge to wear masks. If the challenge is accompanied by a strong public service message, that might help, although with so many governors who have taken a different position, it might not make a lot of difference at this point. While Biden can't do any more -- legally -- than Trump could do, he could send a stronger message. I kind of think (hope) that's the direction his Administration will take.

I think that's about the most he can legally do, but I heard there will be a 100-day challenge to wear masks. If the challenge is accompanied by a strong public service message, that might help, although with so many governors who have taken a different position, it might not make a lot of difference at this point. While Biden can't do any more -- legally -- than Trump could do, he could send a stronger message. I kind of think (hope) that's the direction his Administration will take.

The mandate is for masks to be worn on Federal property

Oh no--- say it ain't so-----GMAB

Glastonbury music festival cancelled, Michael and Emily Eavis confirm

This year's Glastonbury music festival has been cancelled due to coronavirus, organisers have confirmed.

Michael and Emily Eavis announced the news on the festival's official Twitter page writing: "With great regret, we must announce that this year's Glastonbury Festival will not take place."

It's the second year running that Glastonbury will not go ahead, after last year's 50th anniversary celebration was cancelled due to COVID-19.

·
9m

We go on military installations all the time. All the people there have a mask on!

I am very disappointed he did not make the mask mandate for all people in the US to wear a mask for at least 3 months. That would help stem the spread of the virus. Too many people are laughing and not wearing a mask saying they don’t believe. I know of people who say they are exempt and that they will rebel. Then there are the people who have been able to get the first vaccine and now think hey are safe snd don’t wear a mask.

With the new variants out, who knows what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa