GUILTY CO - The Diol Family, 5 Killed in Arson Fire by Masked Suspects, Denver, 5 Aug 2020 *minors arrested* *1 minor guilty*

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Search for:
County: Denver County
Date: 2/3/2021
4-digit year: 2021
Case class: JD

Interesting observation- there are 2 more people on the docket tomorrow with the same last name and case # as one of the suspects. Did the parents or siblings know what happened?
Good flag... a white pages search suggests those could be the names of the parents? Not sure what it means that they are listed on the juvenile court docket.

MUGSHOTS: Kevin Bui & Gavin Seymour Identified As Suspects In Deadly House Fire

DENVER (CBS4) – The Denver District Attorney’s Office released mugshots for the two 16-year-old boys accused of killing a family in a house fire. The third suspect, a 15-year-old boy, has not been identified.
Look at those teary-eyed mugshots. And look at that beautiful young family. How does this happen, that young teens are capable of such monstrous behavior? The drug trade is destroying us, in every way, every darn day.

It looks like the charges are moving up the drug chain. I wonder if there is a higher level beyond the older sister?

Judging by the amount of drugs found, the older sister could be at the fuzzy border line of somewhat senior street dealer and say, very junior wholesaler- though she probably delegated most of the street sales to the teens.

I wonder how much drugs were stolen in the "rip off" by the intended targets? If the amount is out of the older sister's "league", it could indicate another person's involvement at the next level up. The order was then passed through the older sister to the teens.

It looks like the charges are moving up the drug chain. I wonder if there is a higher level beyond the older sister?

Judging by the amount of drugs found, the older sister could be at the fuzzy border line of somewhat senior street dealer and say, very junior wholesaler- though she probably delegated most of the street sales to the teens.

I wonder how much drugs were stolen in the "rip off" by the intended targets? If the amount is out of the older sister's "league", it could indicate another person's involvement at the next level up. The order was then passed through the older sister to the teens.
I think there is a lot more to be learned here. Did sis give the order to kill someone? I guess we will see.

Teen suspect in arson that killed five dealt drugs with sister

One of three teenagers charged with killing five people by setting fire to their home in Green Valley Ranch this summer regularly sold drugs with the help of his sister, who is also expected to be charged in the quintuple homicide, a federal prosecutor said Wednesday.

Kevin Bui, 16, who has been charged with murder in the killings, dealt drugs at the direction of his older sister, Tanya Bui, 23, Celeste Rangel, a prosecutor with the U.S. Attorney’s office, said during a detention hearing for Tanya Bui, who faces federal drug and gun trafficking charges.

Tanya Bui would tell her brother who to sell to, how much people owed, and where to go to make deals, Rangel said. “She is not only working with Kevin, who is 16 years old, but she is directing him,” Rangel said.

Tanya Bui has not been charged in connection to the fatal fire, but Rangel said those charges are expected.

“The evidence is she was involved in the planning, and, or after the homicide with these juveniles,” Rangel said. “She was also a suspect in a 2016 arson

What?!?!
She was also a suspect in a 2016 arson.
She would have been 17-18 herself. How on earth did she get into this at such a young age? Clearly her 16 yo brother had her as an influence.

ETA - not sure this is allowed, but it appears from publicly available information that she went to college for and actually worked for her family's business - which is accounting, not drug selling. Making all of this (subject to more coming out) even more baffling.

Last edited:
What?!?! She would have been 17-18 herself. How on earth did she get into this at such a young age? Clearly her 16 yo brother had her as an influence.

It's a pretty incredible story. I would like to know the how's too including how long she's been involved, how she got involved. What her other family members knew, if anything. Her friends, acquaintances, schoolmates. Her brother's.

Whether it was the Diols mistakenly murdered or the original targets murdered...murder is murder and these thugs attempted to execute the most evil act there is out there. That they have that inside them at such a young age...wow.

Can you imagine how the intended targets felt after finding out about this? I assume they went into hiding or a protection program of some sort once it was established they were the target. Gosh I would love to hear from them.

Last edited:
It's a pretty incredible story. I would like to know the how's too including how long she's been involved, how she got involved. What her other family members knew, if anything. Her friends, acquaintances, schoolmates. Her brother's.

Whether it was the Diols mistakenly murdered or the original targets murdered...murder is murder and these thugs attempted to execute the most evil act there is out there. That they have that inside them at such a young age...wow.

Can you imagine how the intended targets felt after finding out about this? I assume they went into hiding or a protection program of some sort once it was established they were the target. Gosh I would love to hear from them.

I would like to know what the family knew (if anything) as well. Especially since the Denver Post article said the father's business activities are now also under investigation. If you look up their names on the Colorado secretary of state website, both mom and dad have several businesses registered. The sister has a couple as well.

The impression I've gotten from everything I've seen is that these kids were spoiled. They grew up valuing money and when they got older, they found the easiest way to get large sums of it. I'm really curious to know how much the parents knew, especially given that she was driving a Tesla. From what I've seen on social media, the whole family lives a very luxurious life. The Bui home is just a couple minutes from me and they live in a very nice, gated community.

“The evidence is she was involved in the planning, and, or after the homicide with these juveniles,” Rangel said. “She was also a suspect in a 2016 arson

Snipped and bolded by me. This just gets worse and worse! 23 years old? Looks like a prom queen but actually a wannabe kingpin who manipulates baby brother into murder? What is wrong with this family?

They grew up valuing money and when they got older, they found the easiest way to get large sums of it.

Whatever the father's business skills are and perhaps being the source of the Tesla, I don't think the perpetrators were making large mounts of money from the drug trade.

The sister was caught personally handling drugs at home. This is something that even moderately big players are probably removed from. Ditto in regards to hustling individual pistol sales- the reward is not worth the risk of added scrutiny.

Then consider that she was caught with marijuana and apparently opiod pills. Black market or grey market marijuana has value. But with increasing legalization, high quality marijuana is not nearly as rare as it once was. This leads to falling prices.

Likewise, opiod pills are easily available legally from pill doctors operating from pain clinics. As with marijuana, black market pills have value, but there is evidently a glut of opiod pills on the market which has resulted in falling prices.

In the end, my guess is the only way to make real money off of black market marijuana, opiod pills and weapons is to become a large scale wholesaler. But.... large scale wholesalers also know that over the top violence is almost always not worth the risk in the US. Thus, the crime probably would not have occurred.

Snipped and bolded by me. This just gets worse and worse! 23 years old? Looks like a prom queen but actually a wannabe kingpin who manipulates baby brother into murder? What is wrong with this family?
This made me think of the Maggie Long case. Unsolved murder/arson 2017 in Park County Colorado.

Well they have gone from small time dealers to murderers. Quite a jump. Even though they Got the wrong family their intention was to murder someone that night. I wonder how much the rip off was. MOO

Judging by the relatively low quantities (probably advanced street dealer level) of relatively low value drugs, I think the "rip off" was far more damaging to the pride of the gang than it was to their bottom line.

Disrespect via "rip off" then leads to lesser status in the criminal world. Then factor in that the rip off / disrespect could have been done by a lowly individual user and not even by a rival gang.

If the rip off was done by a gang, they could at least claim to their associates and customers that they were heavily out numbered and out gunned by say, a "legion of crazed narcos" (though the actual rival gang would be small time like themselves).

If the rip off was from an individual user / customer, then they would probably lose all status in the criminal world unless drastic and over the top action was taken. Which, horribly, they did- to the wrong house.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back