GUILTY NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest* #2

Wow -- a whole year. Almost unbelievable. Thanks for reminding us,@MissyMom. Time flashes by...

IMO, he has been offered a darn good deal.
That arrogant, cruel, not-half-as-smart-as -he-thinks-he-is Saal should grab that deal and thank whoever made the offer.
Grrrrr.

So much time has gone by. I don't see any update on if the animal accepted the plea deal? Everything's gone quiet and what a year it has been. I hope Carolyn's family is doing as well as possibly can be. Carolyn is forever in everyone's heart.

Anyone find any updates on this? Especially curious about whether he took the plea deal he was apparently offered last year (how time flies, though surely not for Caroline’s family). If not, has there been a trial date set for the accused?

Edited to add: Kenneth Saal is not listed as an inmate in any of the NJ Dept. of Corrections facilities—the last news reports I could find about the case, from mid-2020, said he was in Middlesex County Jail, so I’m puzzled that he doesn’t show up in the inmate search on the NJDOC website here:
Attention
Is it possible he is out on bail?

Last edited:
Anyone find any updates on this? Especially curious about whether he took the plea deal he was apparently offered last year (how time flies, though surely not for Caroline’s family). If not, has there been a trial date set for the accused?

Edited to add: Kenneth Saal is not listed as an inmate in any of the NJ Dept. of Corrections facilities—the last news reports I could find about the case, from mid-2020, said he was in Middlesex County Jail, so I’m puzzled that he doesn’t show up in the inmate search on the NJDOC website here:
Attention
Is it possible he is out on bail?

Take note that there is no online roster for Middlesex County Jail but I can confirm that as of this evening, he is still housed at the County Jail. Inmate confirmation is available by calling the phone number below and connect to the records department:

Inmate Search in Middlesex County Jail

The Middlesex County Jail does not have a Weekly Arrest Report Online. If you want to find a person who is currently housed in this facility, you can contact the jail at (732) 297-3636.

Unfortunately, I'm also not finding any updates on Kenneth Saal, his docket, or the calendar of Judge Michael Toto.

Clearly, he'd be insane not to have accepted 30 years or risk 50-year sentence at trial. Nonetheless, it's concerning that there have been no updates since last February!

Middlesex County Adult Correctional Center, NJ Jail Inmate | Name Search

Take note that there is no online roster for Middlesex County Jail but I can confirm that as of this evening, he is still housed at the County Jail. Inmate confirmation is available by calling the phone number below and connect to the records department:

Inmate Search in Middlesex County Jail

The Middlesex County Jail does not have a Weekly Arrest Report Online. If you want to find a person who is currently housed in this facility, you can contact the jail at (732) 297-3636.

Unfortunately, I'm also not finding any updates on Kenneth Saal, his docket, or the calendar of Judge Michael Toto.

Clearly, he'd be insane not to have accepted 30 years or risk 50-year sentence at trial. Nonetheless, it's concerning that there have been no updates since last February!

Middlesex County Adult Correctional Center, NJ Jail Inmate | Name Search

You can also use vinelink to search for an inmate. Might be easier than calling the jail.

You can also use vinelink to search for an inmate. Might be easier than calling the jail.
Thanks, @bears10. I believe OP was unsuccessful in locating KS here. I know not all County Jail inmates are reflected in the vinelink database but a good resource to continue checking.

VINELink

KENNETH SAAL
Custody Record
Age31
GenderMale
RaceWhite

Ethnicity Unknown
Date of Birth Jul **, ****
ID Number12001*****

Custody Status Date Aug 22, 2019 12:52 AM EDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Middlesex County Adult Correction Center
Book Date Aug 22, 2019 12:13 PM EDT

Middlesex County Adult Correction Center
Apple Orchard Ln & Route 130
North Brunswick Township, NJ 08902
(732) 297-3636

I'm sorry I haven't really followed this case much. Has there ever been a motive disclosed?

Not really -- DA alleges KS was infatuated with the victim.

An anonymous caller stated KS expressed rape/murder fantasy 11 years prior:

After Saal’s arrest, Dolinger said, prosecutors received an anonymous voicemail from a “previous acquaintance” of Saal’s. The caller said Saal - 11 years ago - told the caller he planned to rape and murder his crush. Prosecutors are currently trying to identify the caller.

Following a slew of detailed allegations, judge keeps accused lunch break killer in jail

NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest* #2

I think about Carolyn & this awful case so often.

I can’t help wondering how it went down.....if he jumped her from behind when she was entering her apt or if he was allowed inside under a false pretense, or if he was inside the apt waiting for her.

And then the idea that, iirc, a neighbor heard moaning for a while after the fact, I believe, but never called LE.

All on her lunch break....as I’ve said before, how could anyone ever expect that to happen to them, especially on their lunch break. It’s just so totally wrong.

This is one of those cases that drives me crazy! So many mysteries and no answers after two years. WHAT was the motive. HOW did he get her to go home for lunch. HOW did he get into her apartment. WHY did he think he could get away with this on his lunch hour? WHY would a professional, college-educated, middle class, married man with a new child want to do this? He had no record of violence before this--WHAT HAPPENED? WHY Carolyn? What was their relationship like at work? Casual? Frosty? Indifferent? So many questions!!!

I've been thinking lately on how Covid is affecting Defendant's Constitutional rights. By no means do I defend the accused actions, BUT I am considering their rights, as all here in the US are entitled to. A right to speedy trial, a right to trial by public, innocent until proven guilty and all of that. I've been thinking of it only because my heart breaks for Carolyn's family/friends having their justice put on hold from the constant waiting on some movement from this trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back